Might and Magic 3 HELP

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Minus1singer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 3 HELP

Unread postby Minus1singer » 12 Mar 2006, 01:20

I really love this game. Something of a new CLASSIC in my book. I spent many school nites glued to the monitor. With that being said , I can not seem to find a copy of the manual ANYWHERE . And you cant play the original game with out entering text from the pages. Anyone know where I can view or download a copy.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Mar 2006, 02:19

I am fairly certain (though not sure) that the manual woud be in .pdf format on my MMVI Millenium Edition CD. I tried to see, but you need to install the game to view the game data, and it appears to be incompatible with XP. I guess that's not too helpful, huh?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Minus1singer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM3

Unread postby Minus1singer » 12 Mar 2006, 18:27

Thank you, any useful info is more than I had. I appreciate it.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 14 Mar 2006, 03:55

Might and Magic 3? I think I have a Word file of the manual buried in my records somewhere…

EDIT: I believe I found it. What do you want me to do with it? E-mail? PM? Post it here?

DaveO
Demon
Demon

MM3 keywords

Unread postby DaveO » 14 Mar 2006, 05:15

I think the original poster needs to find the .pdf file themselves. If it's a legitimate copy of MM3, the CD will have the necessary file for copy protection. I'd recommend that nobody email, pm, or thru other means supply the poster with this information. My reason for my request is to keep this forum free of any potential for piracy. Ubisoft does own the rights to M&M so any income no matter how small may be the difference between publishing another M&M game or not.

P.S. - I believe my reply will generate negative responses, but if you want to discuss my viewpoint please limit yourself to an objective reason for your viewpoint.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Mar 2006, 14:50

We've had that discussion before.

Say someone comes in here and says "Hey I am playing Might and Magic III and I can't figure out how to beat the (Hypothetical) Wizard in the (Hypothetical) Dungeon. I'm stuck and can't go forward - Please someone help!" Should we just ignore them? After all, they may have a pirated version of the game and we can't help pirates. For that matter, if you see someone on the side of the road trying to change a flat tire, do you not help because they might be driving a stolen car?

Besides the game's like 15 years old. Who cares?
Last edited by Corribus on 14 Mar 2006, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 3 HELP

Unread postby starlady11 » 14 Mar 2006, 16:36

Minus1singer wrote:I really love this game. Something of a new CLASSIC in my book. I spent many school nites glued to the monitor. With that being said , I can not seem to find a copy of the manual ANYWHERE . And you cant play the original game with out entering text from the pages. Anyone know where I can view or download a copy.
have you tried amazon .com i found a site yearss ago that had a copy of that
and i dnloaded just those pages go online and ckeck out sites that have m&m
walkthroughs you need the complete name of 3 or you'll get a lot of other things

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 14 Mar 2006, 16:58

The .pdf file is for copy protection. Helping people thru areas of the game is not the same thing as providing a way to play the game. Sure it's an old game, but nobody has the right to make it easier for people to get past the copy protection. Until Ubisoft publishes a notice saying that the older M&Ms are freeware, I'll never assist users with bypassing copy protection.

P.S. - If your sole reason to provide assistance is the age of the game, then what is the difference between several years and two weeks after release? It's denying income to a company regardless of time.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Mar 2006, 17:27

DaveO wrote:P.S. - If your sole reason to provide assistance is the age of the game, then what is the difference between several years and two weeks after release? It's denying income to a company regardless of time.
How are you denying income to a company by allowing someone to use a product that they are no longer selling?

No, no, no, I refuse to have is conversation again. :canthearu:

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 14 Mar 2006, 22:22

I could e-mail it to you if you'd like. Just hit me back a message or post here.

I promote the passing of information if it helps a good cause and in this case it does.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 15 Mar 2006, 00:22

DaveO wrote: My reason for my request is to keep this forum free of any potential for piracy. Ubisoft does own the rights to M&M so any income no matter how small may be the difference between publishing another M&M game or not.
DaveO wrote: Helping people thru areas of the game is not the same thing as providing a way to play the game.
Er, DaveO? It’s the manual, not the game. It’s not a software crack; it’s just a text file. It will not allow anyone to play the game, and there are probably walkthroughs buried somewhere on the web that will provide the same information—but buried in spoilers and in every language but the necessary one.

Furthermore Ubisoft, to the best of my knowledge, does not nor have they ever sold the early Might and Magic games, nor do they sell the manuals to anything so far as I am aware. Therefore it is rather impossible to get the manual from Ubisoft; I doubt they’d even have it on file if you were to ask.

Corribus has already covered the financial aspect; while there is a very, very remote chance they might actually re-release the game, the chances of them actually considering trying to earn money off of the sort of document that many companies have available for free and few people actually bother to read in the first place are ridiculously low. 3DO might have done so, given opportunity, but it is unlikely that Ubisoft would do something so absolutely foolish.

Moreover it’s rather counter-productive to suppress interest in the series; the more people know about it, the more they will want another game. Then more people will bug Ubisoft for the next installment and go out and buy it when/if it comes out.

Minus1singer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM3

Unread postby Minus1singer » 15 Mar 2006, 02:52

Thank you for all the help some of you have provided . it is very appreciated.
For the record my sole copy of this game is a 5.25 three disk version purchased on EBay. The seller did disclose the manual was missing but it had been so long since I had played I forgot about the need to enter text. Also I just purchased MM 1-6 on ebay ,some special edition, so I am content fully.
Thank you very much.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 15 Mar 2006, 09:34

So by the replies, I'm guessing the original poster got what they needed. So if somebody posts a question on how to fly in MM6, you're going to answer them too? I await your reply...

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 15 Mar 2006, 15:34

DaveO wrote:So by the replies, I'm guessing the original poster got what they needed. So if somebody posts a question on how to fly in MM6, you're going to answer them too? I await your reply...

yes you have to be at least a level 12 go to mist [air magic] be sure to get the jump spell, at mist/freeheaven buy the fly spell at freehaven
go to new scropial jump up over the bank. get the fly level up. the best walkthrough is http:\\pottsland.com if its still in effect there was another one but it either moved or quit hope this helps :D

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 15 Mar 2006, 16:29

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
DaveO wrote: My reason for my request is to keep this forum free of any potential for piracy. Ubisoft does own the rights to M&M so any income no matter how small may be the difference between publishing another M&M game or not.
DaveO wrote: Helping people thru areas of the game is not the same thing as providing a way to play the game.
Er, DaveO? It’s the manual, not the game. It’s not a software crack; it’s just a text file. It will not allow anyone to play the game, and there are probably walkthroughs buried somewhere on the web that will provide the same information—but buried in spoilers and in every language but the necessary one.

Furthermore Ubisoft, to the best of my knowledge, does not nor have they ever sold the early Might and Magic games, nor do they sell the manuals to anything so far as I am aware. Therefore it is rather impossible to get the manual from Ubisoft; I doubt they’d even have it on file if you were to ask.

Corribus has already covered the financial aspect; while there is a very, very remote chance they might actually re-release the game, the chances of them actually considering trying to earn money off of the sort of document that many companies have available for free and few people actually bother to read in the first place are ridiculously low. 3DO might have done so, given opportunity, but it is unlikely that Ubisoft would do something so absolutely foolish.

Moreover it’s rather counter-productive to suppress interest in the series; the more people know about it, the more they will want another game. Then more people will bug Ubisoft for the next installment and go out and buy it when/if it comes out.

"amen"

Return to “Might and Magic”