3D Dungeon Crawl Script for RPG Maker VX (Updated Links)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 16 Sep 2012, 04:17

The "Wall =" is basically the variable that holds the id of the tile used in Rpg Maker also type, direction of the wall. Unfortuntely, due to Rpg Maker VX's tile limit making more then 3 wall and gate sets is next to impossible based on how this script is created. You might be able to squeeze one more in, but there is just not enough room. The only way this could work if you were able to utilize the other layers like the other tile sheets. However, the script is specifically setup for the first sheet and the last one. You would basically have to rewrite the script from scratch to utilize the other tile sheets.

The place holders are the tile ids in rpg maker vx. The number after "wall ="

Wall_Top = ["Data"] is the array which holds the ids for the entire top direction. When playing the game the engine will call on the array to project the entire direction of the wall (type, distance, etc). So basically if you see a right wall the array holds all of the information about the right direction of the wall.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

rtester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rtester » 16 Sep 2012, 12:22

Thanks for the quick reply

So if I understand you right if it said Wall = 0 then it would refer to the first upper left most tile in the tileset? if that is so I did not think there was over 1000 tiles in tileset a.

but 3 tiles seem very limited since it looks like that vx can only have 1 tileset per game. if I am understanding what everyone been telling me. Also I heard that VX Ace you can have 1 tileset per map but I did not see anywhere to change it, unless I am overlooking something. also I cant find the passibility in the database like in 2k or xp where you can have (star) X, O, and the 4 direction arrows.

I been wanting to make a M&M type of game for a long time I been throwing some Ideals around for quite some time to LOL way back in the Unlimited adventure days.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 16 Sep 2012, 20:47

RPG Maker vx is bit different. The first non-autotile begins at id 1536. Everything below are the ids for eache autotile piece. This is for layer 1. The other layers have ids too. I haven't really played around with Rpg Maker VX Ace, bit it does say you can change the mapset per map. In VX there is no editing 4 directions without using a script. The passibility options can be reached by clikging on the person icon on the tool bar.

I also used FRUA (Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures) in the past. It was a great program. I created a few modules with it. They are making dungeon craft which is the newer windows version.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Brandis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Brandis » 09 Nov 2013, 13:10

Is there a way to get rid of the FOE glitch...
And also, it would be pretty neat to add different floor tiles
(with different colors but no other effect) and also a bunch of
icons that can be put on floor tiles (IE I put a sword icon on
a shop event floor tile, and a red tile on an arrow trap),
because, as of now, the mapping is very limited.
The 1/2/3 wall system is great and really easy to use
though. Thanks for the script, hope it gets updated!

Lyght
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: 3D Dungeon Crawl Script for RPG Maker VX (Updated Links)

Unread postby Lyght » 01 Nov 2016, 02:08

I know this topic hasn't been active in a good while but I would love to use the script but the link for it no longer works... does anyone happen to have it? Also does anyone know if it will work for ACE or not?

Return to “Might and Magic”