Wells and Alters that give permanent bonus *spoilerish* MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Wells and Alters that give permanent bonus *spoilerish* MM6

Unread postby thrakk » 14 Jul 2010, 21:28

This is for MM6

I looked up the locations of all the places with permanent stat increases (I'm not going to post the +2 locations that only work when your primary stat is < 15)

Do these indoor locations require your primary stat be < 25?:
+5 all stats (except Intelligence) at the Temple of the Moon.
+5 Personality (clerics and Druids only) at the Monolith.
+10 Luck (one character only) at the Dragoons Caverns

-----------------------------------------------------------

Does that bug where you have to get either +5 per/int* or +10 magic resistance* appear anywhere else in the game? (I've only read about it while searching the Topic: Wells @ mm6tavern)

Is there any other bugs, limits (or exceptions) to when you can get these bonuses? (besides that your primary stat must be < 25):

+5 Might at Frozen Highlands (kills drinker)
+5 Endurance at Frozen Highlands (kills drinker)
+5 Magic Resistance at Blackshire (diseases drinker)
+5 *Personality and Intelligence at Blackshire (diseases drinker)
+5 Elemental Resistance at Kriegspire (kills drinker)

+10 *Magic Resistance at Kriegspire (eradicates drinker)
+10 Elemental Resistance at Dragonsands (eradicates drinker)
+10 All Stats at Dragonsands (eradicates drinker)

(the +20 Shrine of the Gods can happen anytime, just like the black potions)

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

No I don't think that those wells have a limit on stats...

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 19 Jul 2010, 23:34

If your not sure, use Elrond's MM6 Editor and edit the stat in question to 1 and try clicking on the well more then once... (have a back up save)

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thrakk » 20 Jul 2010, 00:22

well I know that the +2 wells are 8 uses a month (as long as the primary stat is < 15)

I don't know how many uses (or uses per month) the +5 or +10 spots provide. The only thing I've heard is that your primary stat must be < 25

I don't know if The Temple of the Moon's alters (which have +5 for every stat except intellect) need your primary stat to be < 25 also. I'm hoping it doesn't. Maybe the indoor places don't have a limit but rather something like 1 use per character. Maybe both? Dragoons Cavern +10 luck is one use only (meaning only one character).

Also, the bug that I mentioned where you have to choose between using the the +5 Int & Per well or the +10 Magic Resistance well has been documented and would be nice to have fixed in a patch ;)

Hopefully there isn't any bug where you wouldn't be able to use the +10 All Stats fountain in Dragonsand if you have used other fountains... I haven't gotten that far into the game yet (there's no reason for another fountain bug but you never know)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 21 Jul 2010, 16:19

IIRC cursed characters can raise Intellect in Agar's Lab. I think it's a bug that the cursed condition is not removed.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 24 Jul 2010, 01:48

thrakk wrote:well I know that the +2 wells are 8 uses a month (as long as the primary stat is < 15)
It is not actually a month, the + 2 perm stat wells refresh as soon as you use the stables or ship lines to travel to a new location. Then you can town portal/Lloyd's becon back to the well and get 8 more uses from it...

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Re:

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 21 Aug 2021, 20:04

Rune_Caster wrote:
thrakk wrote:well I know that the +2 wells are 8 uses a month (as long as the primary stat is < 15)
It is not actually a month, the + 2 perm stat wells refresh as soon as you use the stables or ship lines to travel to a new location. Then you can town portal/Lloyd's becon back to the well and get 8 more uses from it...
Alright, it seems the + 2 perm stat wells recover in two weeks. They use the same time frame that shops do.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Re:

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 21 Aug 2021, 20:04

Rune_Caster wrote:
Alright, it seems the + 2 perm stat wells recover in two weeks. They use the same time frame that shops do.

Return to “Might and Magic”