The Legend of Erthia Story Poll

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

What kind of story would you like to see in the game?

Short and simple story similar to old nes games (Zelda, Crystalis, Final Fantasy)
38%
Advanced and complex story similar to snes games (FInal Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger)
62%
No story just give the action and I will figure it out all for myself!
No votes

Total votes: 13

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

The Legend of Erthia Story Poll

Unread postby legendoferthia » 06 Jul 2010, 08:19

I am still struggling with the story to the game. It is the only thing that is holding up the first demo to the game for so long. So, I decided to create this poll to see what people want in the story for my game, The Legend of Erthia (Rpg Version).
Last edited by legendoferthia on 08 Jul 2010, 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Re: The Legend of Erthia Story Poll

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 06 Jul 2010, 12:42

savetara wrote:I am still struggling with the story to the game. It is the only thing that is holding up the first demo to the game for so long. So, decided to create this poll to see what people want in the story for my game, The Legend of Erthia (Rpg Version).
I like the idea that has multiple endings like Chrono Trigger and Chrono cross. Those games are unstoppable.

New game+ would be godly :proud:

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 06 Jul 2010, 13:54

IMO, complex story lore is one of the reasons people love MM games, and one of the things that make them superior to contemporary offerings.

If you are writing something intended to be part of the MM universe, and if you're calling it "Erathia" (Erthia?) and posting about it here, it sounds like that's what you're doing, then people will be upset if it doesn't conform to the story bible of the complete MM I-VIII series combined with HOMM I-IV.

And the fact that MMIX didn't do honor to the brand is one of the reasons the community almost universally hates and reviles it, although I think everyone will cut you some slack since this is a fan-made project.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Jul 2010, 16:05

Yeap, I'm playing Mass Effect the second time now and the story has a huge impact there. So I vote for advanced story.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 06 Jul 2010, 17:44

Thanks for feedback. Erthia is a completely different story. I actually originally created it before Erathia existed in one of my earlier Rpg Maker 2000 games. Although my game is inspired by Might and Magic, it is not in the same world as Might and Magic.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 06 Jul 2010, 22:38

Personally I prefer deep stories too for a rpg game, but not so
overdone as most console rpg games I have seen. BUT this
is a matter of personal taste, imho is just your call Savetara, you
are the "artist" and the creator of the game ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 Jul 2010, 10:05

Honestly I don't think the story will be the main reason people return to your game. It looks like the fun lies in the action and strategy, so nothing too compelling is necessary. I would like a complex story, but only if developing it doesn't bog you down and slow up the release. And if it isn't set in one of the MM worlds with a few familiar characters then who cares anyhow. :P

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 09 Jul 2010, 23:52

I for one prefer a complex story to keep me interested otherwise I loose the will to continue with the game. It will certainly make the game more popular. :)

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 10 Jul 2010, 11:37

Why is it all Anime style?

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 10 Jul 2010, 23:39

I am not a fan of anime but due to the limited graphical resources, I currently must use these sprites for the rpg version. Static sprites will not fit in properly. Things may change though. Currently, the tactical version is the only version that is non-anime.

Return to “Might and Magic”