MM6: Weakness is certainly a NASTY status ailment...

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 04 Jul 2010, 14:29

BMJedi wrote:Once everyone in your party is cursed, bows don't do much good. You'll just keep missing.
You'll miss with melee attacks too though, either way - melee or bows - it's better than spending spell points when half of it's not going to work.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 04 Jul 2010, 16:29

Sure Valla wrote:That means you have a 1 on 2 chance that you WILL do 10 damage, and under weakness you always do 50%, so actully its pretty equal.
In the other hand, if you're Cursed you don't waste your mana if your casting fails, so if you cast half of times you spend half of mana. In contrast, being Weak you spend full mana cost for half damage. It seems to be worse.

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 04 Jul 2010, 17:14

Actually you still spend mana when failing to cast :(

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 04 Jul 2010, 18:11

Thats true tolich, so its still better to be weak above being cursed.

Well better, its the best to have none of them :P

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 05 Jul 2010, 17:33

Talking about status ailments, what's your view on unconscious, paralysed, dead and turned to stone? I think that being paralysed is worse than being unconscious yet better than being dead due to the mana and spells needed, but being turned to stone and being dead are practically the same, both conditions need quite high level spells to cure and people are just as disabled in them.

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 16 Jul 2010, 11:10

stoned isn't as bad as being dead, since there is a stone to flesh potion you can use (am i in the correct MM game here? so long since i've played).

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 16 Jul 2010, 11:54

Regarding the nastiness of status ailments in mm6, I'd add the immunities into equation. Sleep, poison, disease, paralysis and stoning can be preemptively countered by proper equipment. Therefore, if you bother to prepare yourself, you can feel safe against monsters causing these ailments. Kill, aging, curse and knock-out are worse because you cannot make yourself immune to them (although there are ways to increase resistance).

Return to “Might and Magic”