MM6 - Temple of the Moon - altars

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

MM6 - Temple of the Moon - altars

Unread postby jeffh » 19 Jun 2010, 23:14

In the Temple of the Moon in unmodded MM6, how do I get the altars to give me attribute bonuses? I have touched all six in the order indicated on the plaque in the central room, but they still do nothing but damage me.

EDIT: I shouldn't say unmodded, I am using Greyface's patch. What I meant, of course, is that I'm not (currently) running TCC or anything like that.
Last edited by jeffh on 21 Jun 2010, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: MM6 - Temple of the Moon - altars

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Jun 2010, 02:23

jeffh wrote:In the Temple of the Moon in unmodded MM6, how do I get the altars to give me attribute bonuses? I have touched all six in the order indicated on the plaque in the central room, but they still do nothing but damage me.
You might have to 'reset' the game logic that controls the alters. Leave the temple and then return. Try it again.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 20 Jun 2010, 17:52

IIRC it happens when you have not read the plaque first. Be sure to have read it (reload warning). If leaving and returning the temple does not help, do the dungeon again and do not touch any altar before you have read the plaque.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 20 Jun 2010, 23:10

By "do the dungeon again", do you mean wait for it to respawn? Leaving and coming back didn't work.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 20 Jun 2010, 23:15

The altars don't give attribute bonuses. They just unlock the main doors (under the plaque) if you click them in the right order.
By "do the dungeon again", do you mean wait for it to respawn? Leaving and coming back didn't work.
They meant to reload a save file of before you first entered the dungeon.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 21 Jun 2010, 01:16

Macros the Black wrote:The altars don't give attribute bonuses. They just unlock the main doors (under the plaque) if you click them in the right order.
Actually, they do give +5 stat bonuses.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Jul 2010, 18:41

I just had the same problem, but the main doors open once you touch all altars in any order, so I'm content with this for now...

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thrakk » 20 Jul 2010, 00:28

To the people who didn't get stat bonuses... was your primary stat < 25? That might be why you didn't get any bonuses. I'm not sure but it would be good to know

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 22 Jul 2010, 07:28

thrakk wrote:To the people who didn't get stat bonuses... was your primary stat < 25? That might be why you didn't get any bonuses. I'm not sure but it would be good to know
It's strange - I ALWAYS got stat bonuses, despite of my stats in the Moon Temple. Only wrong order of visiting altars gives damage and not give stats boost.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 11 Oct 2012, 21:10

Okay, it's WAAAAY after the fact, but here's how you handle the problem I was having when I first posted this thread. If you have touched altars out of order for any reason, perhaps hitting the spacebar once too often while collecting the treasures near them:

1. Leave the Temple and come back. It is not necessary to reload the game, exit Port Sleigon, sacrifice a chicken, or any of the other things suggested above; just pop out for a smoke and go back in.
2. TOUCH THE PLAQUE IN THE CENTRAL ROOM AGAIN (this is the part I was leaving out before)
3. Redo the altars in the correct order, starting from the beginning.

This works in both vanilla and Chaos Conspiracy (where the relevant dungeon is renamed the Den of Iniquity).

There IS an upper limit above which they won't give any stat bonuses, but whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be 25. From my latest run through TCC, it would seem to be higher for the middle four, but lower for the Luck one.

Return to “Might and Magic”