[MM6mod] Suicide Squad

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

[MM6mod] Suicide Squad

Unread postby koval321 » 24 Apr 2010, 12:57

This mod will change every items in game. Not only visual but also statistic, in result make different game style. Some bonus for warriors but also limitations for mages. This balance should give better chance to win game by party of 4 knights. Already such team was suicide mission, thats why name of this mod.

Download: version 0.36
http://www.moddb.com/mods/suicide-squad

Instalation: put Icons.lod file to MM6 Data folder and start new game

Screenshoots:

Last edited by koval321 on 15 Jul 2010, 07:39, edited 31 times in total.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 25 Apr 2010, 15:56

That guy looks pretty cool without the eyepatch! Is that part of the mod?
Btw you may want to change the description of that weapon... there's no Japan in Might and Magic! :D

Your changes seem a bit too drastic, but that would require extensive testing to confirm. Just from a first glance it seems like Knights will become much more powerful than Sorcerers, instead of balancing them out. Also, some other changes I think you should consider is adding scrolls/wands/usable items that can be used by Knights to achieve the same effects as some spells. This, more so than damage, is the big difference between Knights and Sorcerers. They should have an easy way to have access to Torch Light (usable torch items that give 1 hour of torch light spell?), Wizard Eye (scroll or potion), water walk (scroll or potion), jump (scroll or boots), run speed increase to compete with fly outdoors (boots), etc. And an easy way to obtain and organise all these usable items (e.g. a shop that always sells the most basic ones!). Only then can I really consider Knights to be a viable choice.

Going a off-topic here (sorry! just curious) but I wonder how that weapon was actually wielded? I know most of these chain-type weapons were used for distraction and disabling rather than killing.. I suppose you could swing the chain above your head much like a lasso and attempt to wrap it around an enemy's arms or legs to disable them, then go in for the kill with the sickle part of the weapon?
Reason I think you can't just knock someone in the knees/stomach/face/hands/balls with the weight is that it would require extremely careful aim, has a chance to backfire (the weight hits you on it's way back) and the enemy could grab the chain to disarm you. Compared to that, it's relatively easy to wrap the chain around an enemy..
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 30 Apr 2010, 09:37

That guy looks pretty cool without the eyepatch! Is that part of the mod?
Beside items there will be more changes in graphics, mostly 2D already am try to fully modify one file icons.lod
Just from a first glance it seems like Knights will become much more powerful than Sorcerers, instead of balancing them out.
?? Am not understand why you have this thought, if weapons and armor wiould be 10x stronger then knights will have similar power as mages, already its only 2x I mean imagine 4 mages master of air with fly, starburst, implosion. How 4 knights must be powerfull to clean map in the same speed? I think 10x stronger. Ok but made so powerfull weapons will break game because knights could be too strong from begining, so i made limits for mages by big spell book value. Its not so bad, because in medieval books was hand written by monks and really have stunning price (one was worth few villages) Anyway you need money and this give motivation to search it = explore all dungeons. After this balance knights have easy life trough first half game, and mages trough second half. Both choices should give similar troubles and positives. Ofcourse playing mix team is best: mage-cleric-2knights
Also, some other changes I think you should consider is adding scrolls/wands/usable items that can be used by Knights to achieve the same effects as some spells. This, more so than damage, is the big difference between Knights and Sorcerers. They should have an easy way to have access to Torch Light (usable torch items that give 1 hour of torch light spell?), Wizard Eye (scroll or potion), water walk (scroll or potion), jump (scroll or boots), run speed increase to compete with fly outdoors (boots), etc. And an easy way to obtain and organise all these usable items (e.g. a shop that always sells the most basic ones!).
I tryed to modify wands to cast light, wizard eye, but it not work, dont known why. So already am just half value of all scrolls. Also usefull change could be modify some shops, to sell only most usefull scrolls.

In items.txt wand have numbers as S2, S3, S4 i found these are numbers of spells in list from spells.txt. Ok so i changed in items.txt flame arrow (S2) into Light (S1) but this wand still cast arrows. Also i modified spells.txt to use less mana for spells, and changes also not work. Am unable to modify magic.
Going a off-topic here (sorry! just curious) but I wonder how that weapon

Kusari gama its real weapon used by medieval ninja, see wikipedia. I was bored about not only old graphic itself but also style of stuff so i add few exotic items to game.
Last edited by koval321 on 15 May 2010, 12:59, edited 3 times in total.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 09 May 2010, 11:37

Version 0.28 available for download

VISUAL DIFFERENCE
98% of all item graphics was replaced by new
(every beside some misc and quest items)
Also few changes in paperdolls and menu

PLAYING STYLE
Every items have new statistic (ac,dmg,value,name)
Party of 4 knights have better chances to win game
Party of 4 spellcasters is still good but not best

SAVE INVENTORY SPACE
Resized items to carry more
Potion bottle, armors, wands

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 15 May 2010, 12:48

Have few moding questions

npctext.txt
When am change even single letter in this file it replace viewed lines. For example message from goblin urok, i changed it and view something about pearl from other lines. I dont known why this happend and how edit that file.

dungeon entrances
It is possible to edit it using mm7viewer or i need something better?

spells and rod
Seem like its impossible to edit spell which is in rod, when change S9 for S1 it still cast S9. Only thing interesting i found that is possible to make scrolls with unlimited charges (set it to zero) but strange it work only for cleric spells. Am wonder how made torch item, it is huge problem with light for 4 knights party, and am wonder solve it (tryed almost everything)

BTW about Suicide Squad progress, i changed all items and now am replacing npcs and monsters, seem like it work already. There will be no new monsters like in TCC but i found another way: change hierarchy, for example goblins will be stronger and meet them later in game. For npcs have some new inventions, it change playing style.

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby mkienenb » 15 May 2010, 15:56

koval321 wrote:Have few moding questions

npctext.txt
When am change even single letter in this file it replace viewed lines. For example message from goblin urok, i changed it and view something about pearl from other lines. I dont known why this happend and how edit that file.
Maybe you changed the line ending format by accident.
koval321 wrote: dungeon entrances
What about the entrances are you trying to edit?

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

You could have general stores sell low level scrolls

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 16 May 2010, 10:58

Scrolls Levels 1-3 of everything but Light and Dark magic

Decrease general store respawn time to 12 hours

Like New Sophigal's general store might sell level 1-2 scrolls plus the normal things available or perhaps add "Special" to the general store shops and have them sell scrolls only there...

You could have Magic user's guilds sell scrolls as well as books... of lesser level...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 May 2010, 17:27

Have you changed Roderik's parperdoll face? His nose looks red.
koval321 wrote:npctext.txt
You can use TxtEdit.
koval321 wrote:dungeon entrances
You can edit pictures/movies and texts with a resource editor. With MMExtension you can edit which dungeon is entered from a particular entrance.
koval321 wrote:Am wonder how made torch item, it is huge problem with light for 4 knights party, and am wonder solve it (tryed almost everything)
You can make a man that will sell them at Temples, for example. It will require MMExtension.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 30 May 2010, 09:05

I made another milestone in this project
New version 0.35 available for download

NEW NPC SYSTEM
All skill teachers you will now find inside taverns
Each teacher is expert and master in skill
Taverns now work as circus and all have pirate style

Return to “Might and Magic”