mm6: Druid vs Cleric?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Druid or Cleric?

Druid
24%
Cleric
76%

Total votes: 21

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 23 Mar 2010, 17:30

Sure Valla wrote:
TheCoolinator wrote: What's the point of Alchemy if you can cast a spell buff ? I would rather just cast a spell instead of foraging for raw materials all over the place.
Agree, but what the other say, Potions last longer.

BTW, this is a topic about mm6? Lets keep it that way?
Ok, 8|

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 24 Mar 2010, 16:29

No offence mate ;)

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 24 Mar 2010, 17:30

Sure Valla wrote:No offence mate ;)
It's all good,

Tonight I need to start up my MM6 game I've been playing and ask you guys some serious questions about it because I'll be honest, I know MM7 and 9 by heart but MM6 is still kind of new to me.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 25 Mar 2010, 17:41

If you haven't started yet, may i surgest a fine party? Also challenging!

Sorceror, Sorceror, Sorceror, Cleric/Druid.

if you think: NO WAY, then i have this

Knight, Sorceror, Sorceror, Cleric/Druid

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 25 Mar 2010, 18:21

Sure Valla wrote:If you haven't started yet, may i surgest a fine party? Also challenging!

Sorceror, Sorceror, Sorceror, Cleric/Druid.

if you think: NO WAY, then i have this

Knight, Sorceror, Sorceror, Cleric/Druid
Well,

I started up the save file and from the looks of it my party is....

Knight, Paladin, Cleric, Sorceror,

I left them right in front of the Warlords castle. I guessing that before I took a break from the game I decided I was going to do the Knights second promotion quest. I also have the crystal of Xerrax in my Sorceror's inventory which leads me to believe that I completed her secondary promotion but have yet to give it to the guy at Mist.

Here is my main issue with the game. Where the hell am I and what do I do next? Should I take care of the council quests? Or should I just get promoted until the highest level then proceed with the end game quests?

I'm so confused.

should I just make a new thread for this? I feel like I'm way off topic in here.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 25 Mar 2010, 18:24

if you want you can create a new topic but it wont be nessasary.

The council quests aren't that hard, what cames after the council will be hard. Of course Promotion quests are usefull for experience, and more hp/sp. Which make you last longer!

If you haven't done it yet, finish the obelisk quest: REALLY, REALLY usefull (250.000 i believe, 3 arifacts, 2 spell books)

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 25 Mar 2010, 18:28

Sure Valla wrote:if you want you can create a new topic but it wont be nessasary.

The council quests aren't that hard, what cames after the council will be hard. Of course Promotion quests are usefull for experience, and more hp/sp. Which make you last longer!

If you haven't done it yet, finish the obelisk quest: REALLY, REALLY usefull (250.000 i believe, 3 arifacts, 2 spell books)
Jimminy Crickets you sure are fast with your responses! 8|

So I guess I will turn in the two promotion quests and after that see to the council stuff. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.
Last edited by TheCoolinator on 25 Mar 2010, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 25 Mar 2010, 18:31

TheCoolinator wrote:Jimminy Crickets you sure are fast with your responses! 8|
haha, I'm just screwing around on my computer, and i see this e-mail pop-up all the time of Celestial heavens, i always check them when i get them. So thats probly why!
TheCoolinator wrote:So I guess I will turn in the two promotion quests and after that see to the council stuff. I will keep you posted to how it turns out.
Yeah, you could try that, dont forget the obelisk quest, get fly it will be easy.

Great, You can call me whenever you need me.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Mar 2010, 19:12

TheCoolinator wrote:Here is my main issue with the game. Where the hell am I and what do I do next? Should I take care of the council quests? Or should I just get promoted until the highest level then proceed with the end game quests?
There is a reason why Might and Magic are non-linear RPGs :)

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 29 Mar 2010, 15:04

GreatEmerald wrote:
There is a reason why Might and Magic are non-linear RPGs
I understand that,

I'm asking if you and others can suggest what actions should be I take first.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Mar 2010, 16:32

Answer: either way is good as long as you don't die.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 29 Mar 2010, 16:41

I suggest that firstly you must show the sixth letter to Portbello. :D

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 29 Mar 2010, 16:43

GreatEmerald wrote:Answer: either way is good as long as you don't die.
And even if you die. It is not so bad to die once or more. Resurrection refreshes.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 29 Mar 2010, 17:18

Or load the game......

But finishing without loading, dieing or both is a good challenge!

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 06 Apr 2010, 13:40

Alright,

I decided to do the Warlord promotional quest and then head on off to finish the council quests but I ran into a road block.

I don't think my party is hardcore enough to take on the Doom Knights. So, I'm just going to see if I can keep going back and forth to town until I kill them all.

Where can I learn the town portal water spell? and I assume that I need to be a water magic master for that.

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 06 Apr 2010, 14:36

Druid is better, unless you want to learn Light/Dark magic.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 06 Apr 2010, 15:26

TheCoolinator wrote:Alright, Where can I learn the town portal water spell? and I assume that I need to be a water magic master for that.
Free Haven, In the south of the village. And you can learn Master water at Mist. At skill level 12.

Dont worry about the Doom Knight, they are hard. But you will defeat them sooner or later. They are not 'imposible'.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 06 Apr 2010, 15:44

TheCoolinator wrote:Alright,

I decided to do the Warlord promotional quest and then head on off to finish the council quests but I ran into a road block.

I don't think my party is hardcore enough to take on the Doom Knights. So, I'm just going to see if I can keep going back and forth to town until I kill them all.
Divide and conquer. Use the teleporters in the starting hallways of that dungeon to abuse their AI and split them up. Then take them out one at a time with your bows. That's how I usually deal with them. It really is just an endurance test in there, the enemies live long but can hardly harm you from range (barring the occasional one-hit knockout spell the stronger dudes can cast) and you can keep running from them because of the teleporters, you can't get pushed into a corner from which there's no way out.
Where can I learn the town portal water spell? and I assume that I need to be a water magic master for that.
In MM6, unlike MM7 and 8, you can learn any spell of the appropriate magic school as long as you've learned the skill. Mastery levels only improve it, they're no requirement for learning new spells. However, you'll need to improve the water magic skill for the spell to be actually useful (in other words at basic level 1 skill you could learn Lloyd's Beacon, it just won't be very good).
To use the spell while in combat you need to have master water magic.
Town Portal can be bought in Free Haven or Silver Cove.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

TheCoolinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheCoolinator » 08 Apr 2010, 13:48

OK!

So I took a vacation day yesterday and after I was done running errands I sat my bottom down and attempted to see where I was at in M&M6. I came to the staunch realization a few days ago that I wasn't powerful enough to take on the Doom Knights and Cuisinarts in the Warlords fortress so I made the decision to roam Silver Cove killing everything in sight while also doing a few quests (Saving the Monolith). After that I went into the Silver Helm's stronghold to see how much XP I could siphon out of that. Other than the master swordman and veterans the dungeon was a cake walk. I also got the chance to talk to John Silvers ghost and by the end of the level I received an Ankh which I think goes back to Queen Loretta.

I'm thinking of taking a stroll to Frozen Highlands to the west of silver cove to speak with their stable man (Price fixing quest) and then taking a ride over to Free Haven to get the Town Portal spell.

Return to “Might and Magic”