mm6: Druid vs Cleric?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Druid or Cleric?

Druid
24%
Cleric
76%

Total votes: 21

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

mm6: Druid vs Cleric?

Unread postby Sure Valla » 15 Mar 2010, 17:11

Well if we compare them, both as a healer you would say, Cleric of course but i would disagree with that!

Notice how the Druid has got more spell points, more spell points means more healing, more healing means not getting killed (or atleast that is what you try!)

If a Druid has more spell points he casts power cure alot more then the Cleric, so as a healer a Druid is Better.

Agree? (So Cleric is useless)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Mar 2010, 17:20

Cleric = light and dark magic and chain armor
Druid can't use these magic schools and armor.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 15 Mar 2010, 17:35

Might and Magic 6 or 7?

Edit:.... omg Image

But I agree with you, if you have a Sorcerer with dark and light magic there's no big argument for a Cleric imo.
Last edited by Konfuzius on 15 Mar 2010, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Mar 2010, 17:47

Avonu wrote:Cleric = light and dark magic and chain armor
Druid = water and air magic and dagger
In the beginning druid is better. In the end cleric should do better.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Mar 2010, 18:20

Konfuzius wrote:Might and Magic 6 or 7?
The topic title can't have any clues about that, I'm sure :devious:

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 15 Mar 2010, 18:33

GrayFace wrote: In the beginning druid is better. In the end cleric should do better.
this.

null vote.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Mar 2010, 20:20

I never use a Druid..
The thing is, I always take 4 of the same class.

I would consider 3 Knights with 1 Druid, maybe...

No, that's a lie. I like being able to cast Day o' prot', day of days & hour of power.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 15 Mar 2010, 20:42

I've played MM6 with both WWDW and WWCW parties and I kinda like them both. However I do lean towards the Cleric, for several reasons. Note that the reasons below are valid for vanilla MM6.

1. There are lots of magic skills (7 compare to 5) to beef up in a Druid, and this means rather slow development.
2. You can promote any class very fast in MM6, except the Druid: you have to wait until March. This really pisses me off... And the second promotion doesn't help either.
3. No Light and Dark Magic. I always give Light Magic skill to the Cleric, as the Wizards are offensive casters. Also, no Dark Magic means 3 less Armageddons a day.
4. The Cleric may have less spell points, but he/she has a much better AC, so will spend less healing points on him/herself. Healing combined with Shared Life works very well; more spell points don't really matter that much. And there is also Town Portal for healing...

The one really cool thing about the Druid is the ability to cast Elemental spells. Four casters with Sparks wreak havoc almost everywhere. It is (for me, at least...) a delight to kill Cuisinarts and Werewolves with 4 Master level Sparks spells.

So I guess that overall a Cleric is better, but with some parties Druids aren't actually completely useless; on the contrary.

If we talk about TCC, than a Cleric is definitely better: there is a lot of "drained mana" there, so more spell points don't really matter. Better have as healer someone who can stand his/her ground, not be knocked down at the first blow and who in his/her turn deliver some stunning blows with a Mace.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 16 Mar 2010, 12:18

Druid is more fun imo. And that's all that matters to me :)

However, from a theoretical standpoint, I guess you could make points for both.

Druid:
+ Most magic schools of any class
+ Can complement sorcerers quite nicely
+ Can leave room for more melee classes if you're so inclined
+ More spell points
+ Lloyd's Beacon and Town Portal (best healing spells in the game!)
- All those spells cost alot of money at the start, where it still matters
- Certain enemies, not in the least of which Devils, can drain spell points so it won't matter so much. Also, Sorcerers often run out of spell points before the Cleric or Druid
- Have to wait until March for the first promotion, second one is easy though

Cleric:
+ Can take a beating
+ Can learn light and dark magic
+ Better in the endgame (like, the 6 last dungeons or so - granted, those are huge).
+ Most reliable healer. Virtually no (useful) offensive spells means more spell points left for healing.
+ Won't have to cast so many buffs, especially not once you get light magic
+ More skill points to spend on other skills
+ First promotion is one of the easiest ones in the game. There is no reason not to complete it as soon as you get fly and town portal.
- Kinda useless when you don't need any healing
Last edited by Macros the Black on 17 Mar 2010, 11:30, edited 2 times in total.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Mar 2010, 13:42

I forgot druids have a problematic promotion. I vote for Cleric then.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 16 Mar 2010, 14:53

GrayFace wrote:I forgot druids have a problematic promotion. I vote for Cleric then.
And MM7 druids, the final promotion (dark side, warlock) is the hardest and most annoying promotion in the game by far

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 16 Mar 2010, 16:00

UndeadHalfOrc wrote: And MM7 druids, the final promotion (dark side, warlock) is the hardest and most annoying promotion in the game by far
My team of 4 warlock-wanna-bees made it through the tunnels to Eeofol, but the dragons/titans are tough nutters and I had to run for it and take the portal back to Harmondale. I'm not playing atm, but this is one of my save-games I surely want to pick up again...

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 16 Mar 2010, 16:08

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:
GrayFace wrote:I forgot druids have a problematic promotion. I vote for Cleric then.
And MM7 druids, the final promotion (dark side, warlock) is the hardest and most annoying promotion in the game by far

It was about mm6, i dont thing warlock is the hardest :D
Last edited by Sure Valla on 18 Apr 2013, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 16 Mar 2010, 23:17

Always and only the Cleric!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 17 Mar 2010, 11:32

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:And MM7 druids, the final promotion (dark side, warlock) is the hardest and most annoying promotion in the game by far
Imo Rogue is the hardest promotion in MM7. But I'll definately give you the annoying part. In that it's annoying that you complete it when the game is virtually already over.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 17 Mar 2010, 17:37

I have 4 Thieves in my current MM7 game. I got my first promo at lvl 9! I even cleaned out all the chests in the Markum estate. ;|

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 18 Mar 2010, 00:24

Variol wrote:I have 4 Thieves in my current MM7 game. I got my first promo at lvl 9! I even cleaned out all the chests in the Markum estate. ;|
Getting it early doesn't mean it's easy. I bet that took alot of effort/reloading?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Mar 2010, 00:52

No, I entered turn-based mode and started cutting 'em up. I did go outside and rest half way through. There was 1 champion of the sword, which I could not defeat. I did get all the treasure though.
The heroism and other pedestal in Tatalia help. They are damn fast with those daggers.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 18 Mar 2010, 05:32

Really you must just enter, grab the vase, and leave without hitting anyone. To kill all that moves is a Knight's way.
And noone can prohibit me to take these eggs even before war of Human and Elves. But dragons, of course. :D

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 18 Mar 2010, 11:24

I always do the thief MM7 quest asap also.
But really I'm starting not to see the point of getting the promotions fast, since I believe the thief gets all the extra HP (and SP) anyway as soon as he get the promotion.
Hmm,,seems like we are slightly drifting away from the intented subject of the tread here..
So..I voted druid,,because I was one,,500 years ago, yeah,,thats right...

Return to “Might and Magic”