MM7-paladins

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

MM7-paladins

Unread postby Jymbob » 01 Mar 2010, 14:47

I was wondering if anyone has tried going GM mace + M Sword, instead of
GM Mace + GM Shield? With M Platearmor paladins seems to have enough AC as it is, but is the added DMG worth the loss of AC?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Mar 2010, 15:02

Sword 10 M
Mace 10 GM
Armsmaster 5E + 17 from gloves

SO yes, it was worth to use mace + sword insted of shield.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 01 Mar 2010, 15:46

Looks like Justice, Puck and Yoruba, sweet set :)

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: MM7-paladins

Unread postby Mn » 01 Mar 2010, 16:18

Jymbob wrote:I was wondering if anyone has tried going GM mace + M Sword, instead of
GM Mace + GM Shield? With M Platearmor paladins seems to have enough AC as it is, but is the added DMG worth the loss of AC?
My choice - two weapons without shield, Paladins in MM7 are fighters at first and clerics or defenders only at second. And (imho) Paladins attack skills are most important, than offence ones, because Paladin have many HP's to survive in critical situations.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Mar 2010, 16:54

I'd never use a shield on a paladin. They'll already outlive the rest of the party (unless you have a knight with you) as it is. Why would he need to be more protected than that?
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 01 Mar 2010, 17:30

I find a Paladin pretty useless so i never play him alot, but when i did i always did shield. But i do know that sword is better cause if the paladin can heal you can heal yourself those extra hp which you probly have lost of the less armor.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 01 Mar 2010, 20:53

Yeah, with healing and Master regeneration I guess I would prefer sword over shield aswell, thanx for the input all :)

Return to “Might and Magic”