MM8LevelEditor help

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Enrothian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM8LevelEditor help

Unread postby Enrothian » 27 Feb 2010, 21:06

okay i have some questions about the program

when i try and import a replacement image using 'quick append selected file' it gives me the message 'no matching LODentry found'.

the file has the same name and it gives this message with both bmp files and tga files :/.

also with npc portraits all of them say tga for data and file type but now for two of them it doesn't say tga for data type anymore. i have two portraits saying 'data type 'ZD' and 'data type Ôˆ„' while every othe portrait has 'data type TGA'. is that a problem or just how the viewer is deciding to show the file info?.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby mkienenb » 01 Mar 2010, 01:12

It sounds like something is corrupted.

I'd recommend starting with a fresh lod file.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MM8LevelEditor help

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Mar 2010, 03:40

Enrothian wrote:also with npc portraits all of them say tga for data and file type but now for two of them it doesn't say tga for data type anymore. i have two portraits saying 'data type 'ZD' and 'data type Ôˆ„' while every othe portrait has 'data type TGA'. is that a problem or just how the viewer is deciding to show the file info?.
It's not a problem. The editor looks beyond the end of file name (the 0 byte) and reads the type there. I guess NWC imported .TGA files and simply replaced '.' with 0-byte when importing into the lod - that's why it reads "TGA". Other import tools may change this. For example, after LodAdd the type is read as (null).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 01 Mar 2010, 17:56

The best thing to do is always export the file you want to replace and take note of the filename. Always make sure the file you are importing has the exact same filename as the one you exported.
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Return to “Might and Magic”