MM7 - mods?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

MM7 - mods?

Unread postby Jymbob » 16 Feb 2010, 10:02

And so, after a break of 7 years, I have started to play MM7 again.
Was wondering if in the meantime some mods (like this chaos-thingie for MM6) were developed for MM7?
If not I'll dust my MM6 off and start that soon and d/load Big Daddy's project.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MM7 - mods?

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 16 Feb 2010, 12:01

Jymbob wrote:And so, after a break of 7 years, I have started to play MM7 again.
Was wondering if in the meantime some mods (like this chaos-thingie for MM6) were developed for MM7?
If not I'll dust my MM6 off and start that soon and d/load Big Daddy's project.
Well, if you go here:
http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs
you'll notice that BDJ and his team have made a mod for MM7 as well. It actually predated (by almost 2 years, I think) the TCC MM6 mod...

You'll have to download the "MM7Rev4mod.zip" and follow the instructions!
Good luck and have fun!

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 16 Feb 2010, 12:42

ok, I´ll try it when I get home from work.
and thx. for fast reply.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 16 Feb 2010, 16:34

But there are more mods, projects you might want to check, take a look here!

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 16 Feb 2010, 17:36

Sure Valla wrote:But there are more mods, projects you might want to check, take a look here!
Yeah, just saw it, maybe I should had looked closer at all the treads before asking ;|

Anyway, I just played a good hour with this mm7-mod and so far it works great. Was kinda odd to suddently see goblins on a isle I have started on maybe a hundred times before with no gobs on.

Is there a "walkthrough-lite" for this mod?
I dont wanna be told what to do, but I always spend one characters first 9 skill points on merchant, so I was a bit surpriced to suddently see all the characters got expert and rank 6 in it. Its to avoid something like this..

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 16 Feb 2010, 18:29

Jymbob wrote:
Is there a "walkthrough-lite" for this mod?
I dont wanna be told what to do, but I always spend one characters first 9 skill points on merchant, so I was a bit surpriced to suddently see all the characters got expert and rank 6 in it. Its to avoid something like this..
Well, no, not exactly, if I remember correctly. Though it is quite some time since it was 'released'...

Anyway, you can find more information here:

viewtopic.php?t=8194

and here:

http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/mm7tavern.html

But the information is rather buried in many posts, so you'll have to dig for it...
I can tell you that there will be more surprises, not just the Merchant skill for all. Always check the barrels, cauldrons and other stuff with "booze" in it... Also, don't forget to notice funny looking torches: stay sharp and look twice everywhere! And do use the Ancient Weapons when you get them: they are fun; they are a bit different than in ol' MM7!

Return to “Might and Magic”