Come on Over to BDJs!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Come on Over to BDJs!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 31 Jan 2010, 07:15

Mirror Site 1 is now complete!

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Drop by and have a look at what's available.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 31 Jan 2010, 10:18

..having been out of the loop for a bit, would it be possible to post what should be done to run the mod here?
I currently do not have the installed at all, since I just bought a new PC a few months ago.

So, obviously I need to install the game, but then what? Do I need moks patch, or not? ..and then install TCC part one and two?

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 31 Jan 2010, 13:57

Variol wrote:..having been out of the loop for a bit, would it be possible to post what should be done to run the mod here?
I currently do not have the installed at all, since I just bought a new PC a few months ago.

So, obviously I need to install the game, but then what? Do I need moks patch, or not? ..and then install TCC part one and two?

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance.
Variol,

Here's how I would do this.

1. Load the original MM6 game.

2. Download the MM6 Grayface patch (Excellent patch!!!)

3. Install the Grayface patch. Now the original game is ready for the TCC part 1 installation.

4. Download all TCC Part 1 files and UnZIPP them. The UnZIPPed files will produce three 'folders'; ANIMS, DATA, and SOUNDS.

5. Go to your MM6 install directory and rename the ANIMS folder to ANIMS.origianal. Rename the DATA and SOUNDS folders the same way (with the .original suffix).

6. DRAG the Unzipped folders over into you MM6 install directory.

Wallah! You're done. Start a NEW Game and enjoy!

BDJ

BTW ... You will not install Part 2 until you have completed Part 1.
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 31 Jan 2010, 14:26

I tried it but the site never loaded, it might have been doing an upgrade or something. Now I am running IE 7 not 8 and that might be part of the trouble.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 31 Jan 2010, 14:52

jeff wrote:I tried it but the site never loaded, it might have been doing an upgrade or something. Now I am running IE 7 not 8 and that might be part of the trouble.
Jeff,

Unfortunately, the Mediafire site is not what it is purported to be. It doesn't seem to have the bandwidth to support several user downloads at once. I've experienced the same problems as you just reported.

Sooo, I'll keep this site for a year (already paid for it) and, in the meantime, am negotiating for two other mirror sites.

Don't get me wrong, you can download the mod from the Mediafire site, but you might have to wait a-bit to get connected.

BDJ

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Well, well

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 31 Jan 2010, 16:20

Check it out! MM7RevMod too! I am tempted to play it again; it's close to two years since I finished it... Alas, I've got work to do... But it's good to know that it is still out there. I remember well those arrow-firing blasters: you can shoot down dragons with them as if they were flies!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Well, well

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 31 Jan 2010, 19:25

Mamma Jamma wrote:Check it out! MM7RevMod too! I am tempted to play it again; it's close to two years since I finished it... Alas, I've got work to do... But it's good to know that it is still out there. I remember well those arrow-firing blasters: you can shoot down dragons with them as if they were flies!
Mamma Jamma,

Actually, the MM7 mod is still my favorite. Granted, it's a-bit crude, but I still like The Courier Quest, The Test of Friendship, and Count Zero, Seeker of Lost Ones. Cheeky? Yes. But fun for me.

Now if only the host (mediafire) would get their act together and 'fix' their site, we could download this stuff!

BDJ

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

I liked it better too

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 31 Jan 2010, 19:43

Mostly because you made MM7 to look more like MM6, which is my favorite... I still remember the days when I first saw MM6 (it's been almost 12 years already...): it seemed sooo difficult!

Anyway, MM7RevMod was great: my favorite part was with the Friendship Quest. I remember beating it easily the very first time I tried, but then, for some forgotten reason, I had to reload a previous saved game and I tried 7 times before I finally finished it...

I liked also a lot the chance of changing the class of your character; I actually changed a Druid to a Wizard: GM Meditation and all for a Wizard was not bad at all...

And I hated the spiders... Actually, the areas in MM7 all seemed rather easy to me, but when you filled Barrow Downs with spiders, I was back to MM6...

But it was fun! I still have somewhere a winning certificate and some pictures with stats and awards... I would never have kept them if it hadn't been a lot of fun playing!

Mn
Scout
Scout

About first Mod of MM7

Unread postby Mn » 31 Jan 2010, 23:12

I forgot, what is the quest "Count Zero, Seeker of Lost Ones". I finished all main story line quests, but don't tried to fight with the strongest mutant-titans in additional quest. Also I completed both two Maestro's add-on's quests (Mastering of Dark and Lich promotion). I remember that there was Count Zero person in Emerald Isle, but he don't give any tasks. As I proposal, this person is in Evenmorn Island location at last over-gaming quest? Well, I keep all yours mods files and plan to replay first mod anytme in future. It's, imho, the best Mod of others.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Feb 2010, 11:56

Thanks BDJ,
I got everything downloaded over night and this morning, I thought it went quite fast actually.

Good thing you told me about about the part thing. I would have done both, at the same time.

now, to install the game first...

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Thankyou

Unread postby Queen Hera » 03 Feb 2010, 09:32

Hi Big Daddy Jim,
I'm just waiting while the TCC files are d/loading (which aren't taking long). Thankyou to you & the team for all the hard work. I'm sure as a veteran M&M player (since ?1991?) that I'll love this game too.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: Thankyou

Unread postby Mn » 07 Feb 2010, 11:00

Queen, Good morning/ I'm sorry, but my fitrst playind of MM serie began at 1990(?) year. At this time I obtained my first comp. and after fiinised Wizadry7 (Crusaders of the Dark Savant - my liked game) Id "drowen" in MM, starting from MM3. Imho I'm veteran too)))

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 08 Feb 2010, 10:03

Hi Mn,

Yes, I'm sure there are a lot of us "veterans" still playing MM games. I still have my MM3 game which I can't play because it has 5 1/2" floppy disks. (But I just can't throw them out) Maybe Ubisoft could revamp this game in a 2010 format :)

Mn
Scout
Scout

Use DosBox for old games

Unread postby Mn » 09 Feb 2010, 14:58

Queen Hera wrote:Hi Mn,

Yes, I'm sure there are a lot of us "veterans" still playing MM games. I still have my MM3 game which I can't play because it has 5 1/2" floppy disks. (But I just can't throw them out) Maybe Ubisoft could revamp this game in a 2010 format :)
I can play all old DOS games (but "betrayal in Antara" - it needs Win3.11 OS and, may be, any others). Decision - use DosBox program (it's free downloaded Dos-emulator program) and play any You like old games. MM3-5 are playable in DosBox.
About 5,25' and even 3,5 floppies - I have only cart-reader and DVD-RW devices and no any floppy in my new comp - this is no problem too. I have archives of my liked games and many of them were republished in CD's or DVD's variants (I'm sure - read anythere - All mm serie, include 1-5 parts was transfered into CD or DVD). You can symply buy disks. Sorry, without any hints how and there - see itself in inet.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Feb 2010, 06:44

Or you can simply download it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 30 Mar 2010, 09:40

GrayFace wrote:Or you can simply download it.
I'd prefer it revamped like mm6, 7, 8, 9 with the "Character Information Screen" showing in pictures (not text) what your character is wearing & what you've got in your inventory.

Some clever programmer could make this a reality (if they could get the permission from whoever).

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Mar 2010, 22:43

Queen Hera wrote:I'd prefer it revamped like mm6, 7, 8, 9 with the "Character Information Screen" showing in pictures (not text) what your character is wearing & what you've got in your inventory.

Some clever programmer could make this a reality (if they could get the permission from whoever).
You could always create paperdolls yourself. You can either use MM6-8 with editing tools or an external program like HeroMachine.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 31 Mar 2010, 02:28

You could always create paperdolls yourself. You can either use MM6-8 with editing tools or an external program like HeroMachine.[/quote]

I can only play games GreatEmerald. I'm not intelligent enough to actually create stuff.

Paging BDJ & the TCC Development group.... (or GreatEmerald perhaps) :D

Return to “Might and Magic”