The Chaos Conspiracy Part 2 has been Released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Mn
Scout
Scout
Posts: 179
Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia

I'm Really behind

Postby Mn » Jan 20 2010, 16:59

Mamma Jamma with her "weak" party, really will completed Part2 at long time before me. I've no time to play, my hopes concerned only with Sat-Sun Days(((

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

I'm in Hell!

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 20 2010, 17:00

I got it finally. Fought from water; it's easier: at least those lizards can't swim! But a very large part of the map is dark and I don't even want to know what lurks there! I did like the dinos though: they are beautiful and nicely done. If they could only appear as green dots... I would appreciate them a lot more!

I'm level 150 actually: each member of my party has a +5 Level item. I think that Jack the Instructor (+15% battle XP) helped a lot here. I almost always take an Instructor with me in MM6: with spell-focused parties it is useful to get as high a level as you can, since every level adds to your HPs and SPs. And I also make everybody very quickly Expert in Learning. Having a lot of SPs during mid- and late-game mean that you can nuke an area and still have mana left to deal with what's left. Or that you can enter a dungeon and be able to keep going on until the end.

So right now I'm back in the Pyramid... After running like hell through (new) Baal's Gardens... I got lucky though: one of my wizards escaped with full mana so I was able to Water Walk and then fly.

But the Pyramid... It's Hell, it's not a Pyramid!! I can't see a thing! I cleared the first area and found myself in the big hall. It's almost pitch-dark! I suspect where the Fire is and I tried to rush in there: didn't make it even half-way... Well, I'll try to kill them: I think I can do it, but it's not going to be easy...

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: I'm in Hell!

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 20 2010, 17:42

Mamma Jamma wrote:So right now I'm back in the Pyramid...

But the Pyramid... It's Hell, it's not a Pyramid!! I can't see a thing! I cleared the first area and found myself in the big hall. It's almost pitch-dark! I suspect where the Fire is and I tried to rush in there: didn't make it even half-way... Well, I'll try to kill them: I think I can do it, but it's not going to be easy...


I concur. It's not a Pyramid ...

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: it's Hell!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

So, you've decided to come in out of The Light, huh? Well, this is the last leg of your journey, so I wish you the best in here. Don't forget to save your game before you destroy The Chalice so that, when the end-game video is released, you can watch it.

And don't get your party erradicated all at once! :D :D

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

Progressing slowly

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 21 2010, 19:38

Didn't have much time to play today, and I won't have time tomorrow either.

I am progressing slowly in the Hell... I mean the Pyramid... It's not that the creatures are powerful; I can kill them easily enough. I can cope with a bunch of 5-6 of them. But it's the absolute darkness (plus mass dispel) that is really troublesome...

I was able to clear something, but I can't find the Fire. I tried two locations and it wasn't there. I guess I have to keep looking for it...

I've noticed that in both Pyramids there are two groups of three monsters stuck somewhere, quite likely in the ceiling: you can see the red dots. You can also hear them hissing and trying to hit you, without any effect. But I can't kill them either, except by accident, and I don't know how I did it. I guess it's the just the old MM6 bug and they are not really bothering.

If anybody reads this, pay attention to Mn's suggestions: they are quite helpful. I agree with all of them, except the food: I picked-up about 175 food fairly quickly and peaked at 274. So don't worry about the food: your party will grow obese if they eat it all...

User avatar
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1421
Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Location: HC/CH

Postby Corlagon » Jan 22 2010, 22:53

Big Daddy Jim wrote:

Part 2 of [b]The Chaos Conspiracy
is indeed a game of Discovery and of Exploration. Because of the nature of this game, I would ask the player community not to post SPOILERS on locations and such. Trust me. If you already know where everything is, it seriously diminishes the challenge and the fun of the game!

So please, No Spoilers.


Is it okay for me to cover the mod and its aspects at the MM Wiki, just as a matter of pure categorisation with the bare minimum of walkthrough-style stuff? I'm going to cover the mod over there as it seems to have reached pretty definitive levels of recognition and notability. Plus, not to sound sycophantic, but I love it. Either way I fully respect your wishes.

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 22 2010, 23:55

Corlagon wrote:
Is it okay for me to cover the mod and its aspects at the MM Wiki, just as a matter of pure categorisation with the bare minimum of walkthrough-style stuff? I'm going to cover the mod over there as it seems to have reached pretty definitive levels of recognition and notability. Plus, not to sound sycophantic, but I love it. Either way I fully respect your wishes.


I think that, for Part 1, this would certainly be appropriate. Part 2 is a-bit 'touchy'. If a player knows the locations that he must visit, he can complete the entire game in under two-hours. It is really a boring experience. The challenge and the fun is in the discovery and in the exploration. After you complete Part 2, and if you still want to post a review, please show me the courtesy of sending me a copy first so that, together, we can make sure that the exploration aspect of the game is still in-tact.

As far as gaining some notoriety, I'm not quite sure that's the case. There are only three players currently playing Part 2 (actually only two; one player over at TELPS has already completed it - go there and see his 'winning certificate'). I would be surprised if fifty players worldwide actually play and complete part 2 this year. But time will tell.

So complete part 2 and write the 'review'. Then perhaps we can 'talk'.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Apr 2008

Postby dhalgren17 » Jan 23 2010, 13:44

Just started part 2. The install worked fine for me. Starting at level 165. Cleared out all the Colossi before I came over.
dhaglren17

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 23 2010, 14:08

dhalgren17 wrote:Just started part 2. The install worked fine for me. Starting at level 165. Cleared out all the Colossi before I came over.
dhaglren17


Good to hear! Just pay close attention to your journal entries and you'll do fine!

Good Luck!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

I'm close to finish

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 23 2010, 17:09

Cleared about 2/3 of the last pyramid. But I still can't find that frigging Sacred Fire!

I could do with a slight hint, as I'm getting tired of killing hordes of horned creatures...

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: I'm close to finish

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 23 2010, 17:24

Mamma Jamma wrote:Cleared about 2/3 of the last pyramid. But I still can't find that frigging Sacred Fire!

I could do with a slight hint, as I'm getting tired of killing hordes of horned creatures...


I'll PM you on this with a hint, not a spoiler.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

Thanks BDJ!

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 23 2010, 17:32

My saved game was right there. But I had hoped it was somewhere else... Because it means I have to kill another host of horned creatures...
Thanks again!

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: Thanks BDJ!

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 23 2010, 17:39

Mamma Jamma wrote:My saved game was right there. But I had hoped it was somewhere else... Because it means I have to kill another host of horned creatures...
Thanks again!


Well, they say practice makes perfection! :D

Good luck.

BTW ... make sure that you download and/or install the new animations so that you can enjoy the KOOL game ending that The Maestro has generated.

For more info, PM me.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

FINISHED !!!!!

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 23 2010, 18:57

Fame: 124.928
Time: 0 Years 10 Months 0 Days
Score: 446173
Check the certificate:
Image

Well, what can I say at the end: it was tough, especially for my party, but it was worth it. It was fun, challenging and frustrating. Perhaps I should reverse the order here... :D

Yes, BDJ may be devious and mean, especially in Part 2, but he has "stretched" to the limit, I think, the MM6 engine. Everything in Part 2 seemed to be carefully thought and planned. And the new creatures were beautiful. My favorite new creature remain though the Morgana's sisters. I also liked the dinos; very nicely done, but really deadly! You can't look at them for long...

We should all thank BDJ and the whole TCC team, for the effort and dedication to bring us a very nice game! I will:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :D :D :D

P.S. I am still downloading the new video ending

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: FINISHED !!!!!

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 23 2010, 19:27

Mamma Jamma wrote:Fame: 124.928
Time: 0 Years 10 Months 0 Days
Score: 446173
Check the certificate:
Image

Well, what can I say at the end: it was tough, especially for my party, but it was worth it. It was fun, challenging and frustrating. Perhaps I should reverse the order here... :D

Yes, BDJ may be devious and mean, especially in Part 2, but he has "stretched" to the limit, I think, the MM6 engine. Everything in Part 2 seemed to be carefully thought and planned. And the new creatures were beautiful. My favorite new creature remain though the Morgana's sisters. I also liked the dinos; very nicely done, but really deadly! You can't look at them for long...

We should all thank BDJ and the whole TCC team, for the effort and dedication to bring us a very nice game! I will:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :D :D :D

P.S. I am still downloading the new video ending


Mamma Jamma,

Thank you so much for your high praise and acknowledgment of the TCC Team in producing this two-part adventure! We are very glad that you enjoyed our little fantasy-creation and hope that you have fond memories of your jaunt through both Nimradur and Creation's Land.

And that's one helluva score that you've obtained!!! The best yet. It may stand as 'the best' for quite some time!

Se ya later in the game.

On behalf of the TCC Group,

Big Daddy Jim
Author, Programmer, and GoFor of The Chaos Conspiracy
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

magic_screen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Jan 2010

Postby magic_screen » Jan 23 2010, 19:52

I started TCC Part 2 today.

The Part 1 was great! Thank you for the mod BDJ!

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 23 2010, 19:59

Well, it's only fair to thank to the people that have worked hard on the TCC project.

I've got a problem though: I can't see the ending video. I think I have to install Maestro's patch, but I can't download anything from rapidshare. It's been like this for two days now: no access for free users on rapidshare (I don't have a premium account and I'm not planning to buy one.)

Is it possible to put that patch on some other file-sharing site? I'd like to see the video...

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 23 2010, 20:16

Mamma Jamma wrote:Well, it's only fair to thank to the people that have worked hard on the TCC project.

I've got a problem though: I can't see the ending video. I think I have to install Maestro's patch, but I can't download anything from rapidshare. It's been like this for two days now: no access for free users on rapidshare (I don't have a premium account and I'm not planning to buy one.)

Is it possible to put that patch on some other file-sharing site? I'd like to see the video...


You can download the new ANIMS.zip file from the normal download site, unZipp it and replace your 'old' ANIMS folder with the new one. The new .zip contains the ending video.

http://www.filefront.com/user/BDJ7777

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 66
Joined: 20 Oct 2009

I already did it!

Postby Mamma Jamma » Jan 23 2010, 20:24

But I get a Win error with the new Anims2.vid. The one with Nicolai plays fine, but the new one doesn't: the game hangs and then I get an error.

I noticed on Redneck's that Zedd seems to have a similar problem. Maybe you can figure it out from his saved game.

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: I already did it!

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jan 23 2010, 20:45

Mamma Jamma wrote:But I get a Win error with the new Anims2.vid. The one with Nicolai plays fine, but the new one doesn't: the game hangs and then I get an error.

I noticed on Redneck's that Zedd seems to have a similar problem. Maybe you can figure it out from his saved game.


Zedd's SAVED Game works fine on my system. One last try. I am uploading ANIMS2.vid, without the 'zip', directly to the download site. I'll let ya know when it is available.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
vladimir-maestro
Archmage
Archmage
Posts: 973
Joined: 19 Jun 2008

Postby vladimir-maestro » Jan 23 2010, 21:18

what it is about? new video patch do not show ending???
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests