The Chaos Conspiracy Part 2 has been Released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Mn
Scout
Scout

Aboutt archery skill

Unread postby Mn » 05 Feb 2010, 21:10

Variol wrote:Question,
It looks like everyone starts with the bow skill. Given that, do my 3 Archers start with a little disadvantage, since they must take it, as a default? It would be nice for them to be able to choose an extra category.
This it usual game, so I'm strongly recommend to you to look my advices (post in original TTС topic). It's will be wery diаficult to start with your group (it seemed simplest, but this choice will be harder and harder to you on gaming)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Feb 2010, 01:23

I think I read something about. But my Cleric will have Light and Dark madic; right? Will that be enough?

Can you give me the link Mn? Or copy and paste it for me here?

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

I was just "passing by"

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 06 Feb 2010, 09:02

Variol wrote:I think I read something about. But my Cleric will have Light and Dark madic; right? Will that be enough?

Can you give me the link Mn? Or copy and paste it for me here?
I hope Mn won't mind if I answer to you...
Here is the link with Mn's advices (very good ones, I might add):

viewtopic.php?t=10107&postdays=0&postor ... &start=525

Scroll down a bit and you'll see them.

As for your other question, yes your Cleric will have Dark Magic. I don't know what you mean about "enough" though... You'll be able to cast all the Dark Magic spells, that's for sure!

I finished TCC Part 2 with three Wizards and 1 Cleric; it wasn't easy, but I managed somehow... The (major) difference between our parties is that you'll have only 3 Armageddons a day (I had 12 - and used them whenever I had a chance!). But since archers are better hand-to-hand fighters (and able to use two swords), they will compensate.

Overall, I do believe you'll be able to finish both parts with this party! It might prove useful to take with you in Part 2 all the artifact weapons that you can use (and switch between them, just to see which combination is more effective) and don't forget to buy all spells before going to Part 2! You won't need them all, but better to be on the safe side...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Feb 2010, 00:53

Thanks MJ,
By enough I meant, enough magic, I guess.

I switched to 4 mages. Is this going to be ok, or too difficult? They are lvl5 right now. Once they were level 3, they were doing fine.

I cleared out all enemies in Sutters Bay, before going to Ellesia. I'm glad I did. Now I have lots of money to buy all the spells possible. They can probably train a few more levels now, but I'll wait a bit. I'm only playing on "adventurer" level as well. I'm not big on the "show off" thing. I figure I may as well get my feet wet. Warrior probably would have been fine as well.

Will double daggers be good enough weapons for them, or will I have a lot of "combat only" battles?

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Four Mages?!

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 07 Feb 2010, 06:41

Variol wrote: I switched to 4 mages. Is this going to be ok, or too difficult? They are lvl5 right now. Once they were level 3, they were doing fine.
Four mages? What was wrong with the 3 Archers party? And no healers? Well, it's going to be tough... Remember, the healer will be able not only to heal your party, but also to remove conditions such as Cursed, Weak, Paralyzed, etc. You may be able to finish Part 1 with this party, but it will be extremely hard to finish Part 2. You will need some Cleric spells (such as Telekinesis), and there are no Temples in Part 2, so you're on your own!

If you want to keep going with this party, better stack some Telekinesis scrolls... If you want my advice, since it seems that you like magic parties, start again with 3 Wizards and 1 Druid. You'll have all the spells available this way!

As for the daggers, yes they will be useful. Magic parties in TCC are much weaker than in classical MM6! I won't say more, but I do urge you to get a healer!

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: Four Mages?!

Unread postby Mn » 07 Feb 2010, 07:11

I'm agreed with MJ, without clerics the game will be EXTREMELY hardest. You can (and must do it) learn both Light/Dark Master-level magic before starting Part2. And don't forget to learn indeed NEED's spells)) Good luck!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Feb 2010, 11:15

Thanks again,
I do find that, right from the beginning, the game favours fighters. My Archers were all toting excellent swords, very early in the game.

In the vanilla game, the mages are easy, because I just set LLoyds beacon in the area, or dungeon I'm in, then I just cast Town Portal to New Sorpigal and heal at the Temple. That's better than a healer and money is not an issue.

I also spend a lot time finding items that prevent paralysis, stone condition and insanity. Poison and decease a little, but their not a big deal.

Hrmph...

I'll take a look at another party. I like having all the same class as a means of challenge though.
And don't forget to learn indeed NEED's spells
What are "NEEDS" spells?

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 07 Feb 2010, 12:52

Don't know about NEED's spells, but I advice you to read carefully Mn's advices: it will pay off later. And, unless you are very, very, very, VERY lucky, you WILL need a healer in Part 2.

3 Archers and 1 Priest was a good party. If you want a challenge, try 3 Wizards and 1 Druid! They won't be able, for example, to use Ethereal weapons, which seem quite good (don't know though; I couldn't use them either...).

Good luck!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Feb 2010, 10:26

I went with the same party: P,C,A,A,

I want to ask about armour. Is it worth building it up, or is it a waste of points?

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 09 Feb 2010, 11:34

Variol wrote:I want to ask about armour. Is it worth building it up, or is it a waste of points?
No, it's not a waste of points: recovery time is important, and a character without recovery penalty will be faster in combat. Just don't add more points than needed, ie 10 for Leather and Chain and 4 for Plate; it's pretty useless and you can use those skill points much better somewhere else. The one exception is Shield, where you may spend additional points (that is, more than the 10 needed to reach Master level) if you feel that your Cleric doesn't have enough armour class (the skill points at Master level will add to armour class - triple effect!). I don't usually go beyond 10 at Shield for a Cleric; I prefer to give the points to spell skills (Light and Dark mostly, but also Body, uhm, sorry... Corpus...), but if I have some points to spare, I will put some to the Shield too! It's, more or less, a matter of personal preferences...

Hope it will help you!

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 09 Feb 2010, 15:41

Variol wrote:I went with the same party: P,C,A,A,

I want to ask about armour. Is it worth building it up, or is it a waste of points?
Your party is pretty strong - with such party I completed All TCC(1,2) Game.
Mamma Jamma gives you almost complete answer about adding armory skill-points. My little adds are - If You'll can found the spear "Poseidon Trident" and any good "left-handed" sword, don't forget to increase spear skill - it adds defence (AC) to your party member. (I'm don't transfer any spears to TCC2, but 'm not sure that is optimal - You can check it) And (it's almost a spoiler, but no I think) - try to clean all promotions and side-quest dungeons - You'll find anythere Ultimate Boots (+200 Hp) - and Your Cleric will be very healthfull and (with shield skill) strong party member, such or even better than your archers.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Feb 2010, 06:48

I've started with Paladin-Knight-Druid-Sorcerer.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 10 Feb 2010, 16:29

GrayFace wrote:I've started with Paladin-Knight-Druid-Sorcerer.
I don't told that you will can obtain spear much bettet as "Poseidon". Sorry. All others spoken by me words about "armor sklil" skill-point addings were seems right. And any about "left-hand" weapon - You'l find the only one goog sword (Ripley?) to combine with spear.

But You (only to grayface, imho) create troubles to itself by playing with "YOURs" group. Choice must will Yours only.
Edition - not give two weak" members into group such Druuid & Sorc. I'm silent about Knight...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Feb 2010, 19:50

GrayFace wrote:I've started with Paladin-Knight-Druid-Sorcerer.
i hope that druid will be upgraded soon...after exams??
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Challenging party

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 11 Feb 2010, 07:05

I would very much like to try and play TCC to the end (both parts, that is) with one of the weakest possible parties I can imagine: a combination between Druids and Wizards (3 Wizards and 1 Druid, or 1 Wizard and 3 Druids). I myself favor the 3 Wizards and 1 Druid (it looks somewhat easier), but unfortunately I lack the time to do it right now... And it looks like it'll be rather a long waiting for me...
Anyone cares to try it before I do, just for the fun of it?

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: Challenging party

Unread postby Mn » 11 Feb 2010, 17:22

Mamma Jamma wrote:I would very much like to try and play TCC to the end (both parts, that is) with one of the weakest possible parties I can imagine: a combination between Druids and Wizards (3 Wizards and 1 Druid, or 1 Wizard and 3 Druids). I myself favor the 3 Wizards and 1 Druid (it looks somewhat easier), but unfortunately I lack the time to do it right now... And it looks like it'll be rather a long waiting for me...
Anyone cares to try it before I do, just for the fun of it?
So, are You Ready to make (?) competition with me in original (I would complete MM7 at 1-levels parrty, but I hold a Thief) or any of TCC parts? Result is'not interesting, but travelling time? I think a time is the best criteria of Those games. If You want to fight only for score, My party (imho) easy will win. We can choice parties as we liked? Your answer? Sorry, I's told by you about only MM7, but I cat fight in original MM6 too with the first or second mods (Without only hints my best result in Original game was 14 days, But after searhing 5-days travel list - I'm think - it's foolish idea to begin imho).
Please, don't answer - for any of developers or testers!

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: Challenging party

Unread postby Mn » 12 Feb 2010, 16:18

After my Wake-up'ing (and working whole the week)) I'm really feel myself as idiot. Sorry. It's seems possible (to all wishing) to do competition only in Mod4R... (first MM Mod). Any others variants (imho) are not interesting.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 03 Mar 2010, 17:08

I cant find the links!

Same to TCC I.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 03 Mar 2010, 17:28

Sure Valla wrote:I cant find the links!

Same to TCC I.
Sure Valla, check the sticky with the mods: I've added a few days ago a comment that contains the links. Hopefully someone will make the changes!

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 03 Mar 2010, 17:51

ah thank you very much!

Return to “Might and Magic”