Might & Magic 2

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might & Magic 2

Unread postby dogthenine » 31 Dec 2009, 03:32

Greetings.

The game that started it all for me was MM2, way back on the nintendo.

I have the Ultimate MM archives (MM1-5) and have tried playing MM2 on a handful of occasions but I never got very far. I would very much like to finish this game some day, but would undoubtedly need a trainer/editor to do it. Does anybody know of one for MM2? A cheat code for godmode would work too lol

:)
Thanks

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 31 Dec 2009, 10:50

Since you have MM1 and MM2, you should complete MM1 and then use the party transfer tool to MM2 to get a good boost into the game.

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 31 Dec 2009, 13:35

GreatEmerald wrote:Since you have MM1 and MM2, you should complete MM1 and then use the party transfer tool to MM2 to get a good boost into the game.
Are there any cheats or walk-throughs for MM1? lol I play to explore. I don't really play for the challenge cause I usually die :)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 31 Dec 2009, 13:46

Cheats - no. Walkthroughs - yes, but it depends on what you want to know. You can find maps, weapon descriptions and clues in the cluebook which should come with your archives, and quests and monster lists (with more detailed but not quite as accurate maps) can be found in Fander's site. And finally, there are always GameFAQs.

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 31 Dec 2009, 13:48

GreatEmerald wrote:Cheats - no. Walkthroughs - yes, but it depends on what you want to know. You can find maps, weapon descriptions and clues in the cluebook which should come with your archives, and quests and monster lists (with more detailed but not quite as accurate maps) can be found in Fander's site. And finally, there are always GameFAQs.
yeah i need more than maps. (which yes I have). I need to know what to do and where to go. Thanks

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie

Prima Guide MM1-5

Unread postby mkienenb » 31 Dec 2009, 14:21

Don't bother with the Prima Guide book. There is no information for MM1-2 in it, despite the name of the guide.

What's there for the other three isn't much better. It doesn't even make a good reference due to missing information and badly presented information.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 31 Dec 2009, 16:19

GreatEmerald wrote:Since you have MM1 and MM2, you should complete MM1 and then use the party transfer tool to MM2 to get a good boost into the game.
Hmm, what kind of boosting do you mean? Afaik they lose all experience and items.

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 31 Dec 2009, 16:39

tolich wrote:
Hmm, what kind of boosting do you mean? Afaik they lose all experience and items.
I think he means that instead of starting out with nothing, those characters would already be decked out in gear and stuff.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 31 Dec 2009, 17:14

tolich wrote:Hmm, what kind of boosting do you mean? Afaik they lose all experience and items.
No, you're not correct. I just tried transferring my MM1 party to MM2, and they keep their levels and stats, their experience is put to what they need in order to get the next level, their age is preserved, they get 100 gems, 1000 gold and 40 food each, but they do lose all their items (and don't even get a club). Their level looks incorrect on the player list, though.
In fact, if you transfer the original level 1 characters to MM2, they get 100 gems, 1000 gold and 40 food as well.

Return to “Might and Magic”