Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Dragonfly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic mods, projects and stuff (updated)

Unread postby Dragonfly » 09 Nov 2017, 22:02

So I left the MM7 remake idea and came to the idea of making a first person party-based free movement RPG, inspired on MM678 and Wizardry 8.
New story, changed all the gfx, sounds. I'm using the MaestroMod art (thanks Maestro!), so I think the feeling may not be damaged.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Call-of-Li ... 885600312/
ImageImageImage
(more screenshots & videos on the facebook page -> follow it as there will be updates there!)

Thanks jlkawaii and Pitsu for the previous comments!

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 10 Nov 2017, 01:15

All the best. Necessity is the mother of invention. :)
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 18 Dec 2018, 08:44

Hi everyone,

Not sure if it's the right place to post this.

A few months ago I was interviewed by a Russian fan community about Might & Magic, and a few questions revolved around what Might & Magic XI could have been, had it been done. I also talk a bit about the scrapped add-on for MMXL.

The the first part of the interview is now online (entirely in Russian ^^') for those of you interested.

Cheers!
Julien

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Dec 2018, 14:25

I know, it's on my todo list. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Jan 2019, 20:23

Part 2 of the interview is online, it's a bit more focused on lore and Heroes.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 07 Jul 2020, 22:42

Ironically (see title), this thread could use a small update, mods/projects currently missing: Also maybe make a new "upcoming projects" section, where we would list the following things:
Last edited by Eksekk on 15 Jul 2021, 15:04, edited 2 times in total.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 10 Dec 2021, 22:59

I will submit my mod, "MM7 Refilled for the Merge" for consideration:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17218

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 30 Apr 2022, 20:32

Oi, I want in too ;)
<all's in signature>

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tnevolin » 10 May 2022, 23:41

Hi man. Thank you for the great list of nice projects!
Not sure if this project qualifies for it but feel free to review.
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17131

nowy0000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nowy0000 » 21 Mar 2023, 19:27

Hi, how configure GrayFace patch 2.5.7 to MM6 to get a stretched fullscreen image with no side black bars?

Pedantic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pedantic » 10 Apr 2023, 14:08

Is there a proper Thread for requesting help with Mods or Mod creation help?
I would like to know how to make a mod that makes Barrels 'aways' appear and for Cauldrons to 'always' have something in them.

It drives me nuts when half of the Barrels are missing apon revisiting an area. Yesterday I fought my way to the Barbarian Fortress in Ravage only to find the two Barrels missing. Ah well, I thought, at least there's a Cauldron to go with the Horseshoes. Nope - the Cauldron, like most of them, was Empty !!!! Aarrggghhhh ( lol ) Like I said, it drives me nuts. :wall:

Update: 16 April 2023

Can't 'anyone' tell me how to access/edit Var[] ?
From MMExtension - that's where the variables are stored (barrels/contests/etc. events start at 75)

I tried to email Sergroj but either .ru is blocked by my ISP (thanks to NATO expansion) or he's currently not available because the email got bounced - most likely the former. I haven't played for a week - that's how 'nuts' missing barrels have driven me.

Pedantic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pedantic » 24 Apr 2023, 21:32

Two weeks later - still no help?
Doesn't matter now - I deleted the game. Sick of getting cursed etc. for too many missing Barrels.
Played it literally hundreds of time anyway! (Good Riddance)

Besides - I just bought MM6 from GOG (The disc copy I bought years ago from ePlay never worked - MM7 did... yay!)

I may be gone for some time - heh heh.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 25 Apr 2023, 10:24

Please add more details. Do you mean stat barrels? What does "revisiting" mean, respawn? What does "missing" mean, there are literally no barrels on map or they contain nothing?
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Pedantic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pedantic » 25 Apr 2023, 21:11

Hi Eksekk
Yup, Stat Barrels (and Cauldrons). Example, Smugglers Cave. First time I wreck the place there are 10 Barrels (5 either side of the second, erm, room) and further on another 4 (2 each side).. even further 7 or 8 in the 'room' with the Annointed Potion chest. After the Cave resets (6 months?) there might be 5 or 6 in the second room, 1 further on, and 3 in the chest room.
When you're NOT using Cauri, Ithilgore, etc.. you "Need" those Barrels for your rag-tag team of 5. Similarly, Cauldrons are so scarce it makes no sense (to me) that they're empty the majority of the time. Again, first time I get the bejeezers knocked out of me (and get cursed to high heaven) in the Ogre Raiding Fort in Alvar there are always 9 Barrels in the 3 rooms left of the Jail. The following year I'm lucky if there's 5. It's not like you can abuse the darned things given that most games take less than 2 years without even trying to rush the game. I simply want to mod my own game (or I did) so that Barrels and Cauldrons are always (in the former) there and (in the latter) always full. Call it a cheat if you like but I play games for my own personal satisfaction (it's not like there's an on-line leaderboard) and I'm no longer satisfied - which is why I deleted the game.

Anyway, it's taken me a good few hours to get the controls to my liking using MM6Controls.exe (many thanks Sergroj) and I'm now enjoying MM6 - Patched of course. :yes: But thanks for being the first to respond fellow gamer.

Skittzo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skittzo » 06 Sep 2023, 20:45

Hey, is it still possible to add games to the list? I'm releasing a UE4 game soon called Monsters of Mican which is heavily inspired by the Might and Magic series. I can give a full rundown on the game and features in another post but for now I'm just curious if anyone is still updating this list.

I've got an itch page for the game with a demo up here- https://skittzo.itch.io/projectmm

And a couple of trailers here:

Return to “Might and Magic”