Some Questions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Cherri-Blossom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Some Questions

Unread postby Cherri-Blossom » 26 Oct 2009, 14:55

Hiya! This is my first post, but I've been a decent fan of MM for several years now. XD I say decent because I've only played MM6, MM7, HoMM3, and HoMM5. ^_^;;;

These questions all deal with MM6.

My first question deals with the music for the game. My music does not work. I've read that the CD itself plays music, but for some reason my music does not play at all. O.O I like the music too. It worked perfectly fine on my old laptop, but now that I got a new, better laptop it doesn't anymore. :(

My second question deals with game editing. I recently found editors for MM6 that lets me import my own voice clips and graphics. To remind me of my characters for the game I'm making, I decided to import my original character's body, but there are purple boxes all around her. O.O

It looks like this:

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

(I'm gonna make all the characters match eventually :D)

Thanks in advance! XD

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Oct 2009, 09:22

The transparent color should be the first in the palette.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Cherri-Blossom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cherri-Blossom » 29 Oct 2009, 12:46

Yeah, all I did was save over the default picture and it worked (there was a color loss, but it's all good I suppose). I don't think of my programs allow me to pick a transparent color in my palette. O.o

Now that I figured that out, I just need to find a way to play music....

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Oct 2009, 15:31

Cherri-Blossom wrote:Now that I figured that out, I just need to find a way to play music....
Try this fan patch. It allows you to put your own music in, instead you can just rip the music off the MM6 cd (media player can do that) and put it in the right folder and it should play as usual.
How To Use MP3 Music:
Create "Music" folder in the game directory and place there files from "2.mp3" to "16.mp3" corresponding to CD tracks. Set "PlayMP3" to 1. Unlike CD music, MP3 music volume is affected by Sound Volume you set in Settings menu, so it's a good idea to keep it at maximum.
(source)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Cherri-Blossom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cherri-Blossom » 31 Oct 2009, 16:14

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand how to set it to "Play Mp3 to 0". I've looked in several places. Can you help me with that?

Thanks! XD

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 31 Oct 2009, 18:44

Anime geek?

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 31 Oct 2009, 18:47

Cherri-Blossom wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't really understand how to set it to "Play Mp3 to 0". I've looked in several places
did you look to MM6.ini configuration file in MM6 main directory?

Cherri-Blossom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cherri-Blossom » 31 Oct 2009, 19:49

I tried looking for the MM6.ini configuration and I couldn't find it. I shall try again! I bet my boyfriend will help me again. :3

I like a lot more than just anime, by the way. XD That's just the style of the game I'm making with my boyfriend is in. More or less his choice, since that's the only way he can draw. :/

Drakeero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Drakeero » 01 Nov 2009, 07:25

Speaking of music...

is there a way to set your own music to play? The current tracks get so old after awhile.

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 01 Nov 2009, 08:47

Cherri-Blossom wrote:I tried looking for the MM6.ini configuration and I couldn't find it. I shall try again!
the contents of MM6.ini:
[Settings]
AlwaysRun=1
FlipOnExit=0
LoudMusic=0
CapsLockToggleRun=0
QuickSaveSlot1=0
QuickSaveSlot2=1
QuickSaveKey=11
QuickSaveName=Quick Save
NoDeathMovie=0
FixWalkSound=1
FixCompatibility=1
InventoryKey=73
ToggleCharacterScreenKey=192
FreeTabInInventory=1
FixDualWeaponsRecovery=1
PlayMP3=0
ReputationNumber=1
NoCD=1
Drakeero wrote:Speaking of music...

is there a way to set your own music to play? The current tracks get so old after awhile.
yes, and the way to do it is clearly explained in MM6patch ReadMe.TXT.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Nov 2009, 10:54

mm6.ini is created after the first run of MM6 with the patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Cherri-Blossom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cherri-Blossom » 01 Nov 2009, 16:18

Okies, after looking the second time, I found the mm6.ini file easily!

Do I have to rename the tracks to say numbers instead of names? The first track is labeled 01 New Scorpigal.mp3, so do I change its name to 1.mp3?

The music didn't work when I changed the play MP3 to 1, so that's why I'm assuming I have to rename them.

Thanks for all your help so far! The music in this game is so soooothing (the town ones, especially) and I wanna hear them while I play. Hehe. XD

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Nov 2009, 21:17

Cherri-Blossom wrote:Okies, after looking the second time, I found the mm6.ini file easily!

Do I have to rename the tracks to say numbers instead of names? The first track is labeled 01 New Scorpigal.mp3, so do I change its name to 1.mp3?
Yes. Start with 2.mp3 and end with 16.mp3. Try to do it in the right order so it doesn't get messed up. I assume 01 new sorpigal would become 2.mp3 and everything gets bumped up a spot? I haven't tried it myself, but this is what the patch notes say :D
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Cherri-Blossom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cherri-Blossom » 02 Nov 2009, 01:07

YAY!!!!!

I got music now! The game actually feels complete now. XD

Thank you!! :)

Return to “Might and Magic”