MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Eksekk
Scout
Scout

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Unread postby Eksekk » Sep 22 2022, 21:13

So here's the patch (for MM6):

Code: Select all

mem.asmpatch(0x431A7D, [[
	mov ecx, dword [esi + 0x64] ; ecx - total experience award, esi - monster pointer, 0x64 - experience field offset
	jmp short ]] .. (0x431A8C - 0x431A7D)
, 0xF)

mem.asmpatch(0x431299, [[
	mov ecx, dword [esi + 0x64]
	jmp short ]] .. (0x4312A8 - 0x431299)
, 0xF)

mem.asmpatch(0x401937, [[
	mov ecx, dword [esi - 0x3C]
	jmp short ]] .. (0x401946 - 0x401937)
, 0xF)
Put it in any script in General folder.

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » Sep 22 2022, 23:20

Eksekk wrote: Sep 19 2022, 21:39 I meant requirements for learning specific spells. I made a script which implements last two points, download here (put it into Scripts/Global). Note: previous script still needs to be in Scripts/General.

Yeah, if you want to change the requirements occasionally it'd be best to learn at least basic scripting.

The script works awesome!!
Thank you!

its really enough because i dont need requirements so much

i have tried to learn a bit of scripting but its really not for me ;l changing some simple things in script is ok, but making new script from scratch is really not easy

i just need one last thing please :) its probably ultra easy... but i cant find anything about it at Grayface site:

the letter with some text
and i will be able to edit the text

would be great to have that letter in MM6,7,8 in inventory at start of the game

thanks!!

Eksekk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Eksekk » Sep 24 2022, 18:31

Mareneusz002 wrote: Sep 22 2022, 23:20 i have tried to learn a bit of scripting but its really not for me ;l changing some simple things in script is ok, but making new script from scratch is really not easy
I won't push you, but keep in mind that I personally, before getting generally able to do programming, had utterly basic syntax errors in C++ that I couldn't fix and have given up on programming for few years. Unfortunately it's normal to suck until you have been doing given thing for at least several weeks.

You weren't able to find that info, because there isn't a tutorial for general MM modding. I might make one in the future, but for now only simple explanation. Can you clarify if you want to use it in Merge or simply want tutorial for each MM game from 6 to 8?

Mareneusz002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mareneusz002 » Sep 25 2022, 1:57

Eksekk wrote: Sep 24 2022, 18:31
Mareneusz002 wrote: Sep 22 2022, 23:20 i have tried to learn a bit of scripting but its really not for me ;l changing some simple things in script is ok, but making new script from scratch is really not easy
I won't push you, but keep in mind that I personally, before getting generally able to do programming, had utterly basic syntax errors in C++ that I couldn't fix and have given up on programming for few years. Unfortunately it's normal to suck until you have been doing given thing for at least several weeks.

i have already tried some in past, but only for a bit. i will maybe try again in some time, because asking for help with some basic stuff is a bit problematic for both sides... sorry for that and really thank you for helping and being so kind!!

Eksekk wrote: Sep 24 2022, 18:31 You weren't able to find that info, because there isn't a tutorial for general MM modding. I might make one in the future, but for now only simple explanation. Can you clarify if you want to use it in Merge or simply want tutorial for each MM game from 6 to 8?

umm i havnt played the Merge mod yet, so best would be for all 3 games = from MM6 to 8, but also in Merge too, because i plan to play it in future

but does that require creating a different script for each MM game?

i thought it works like 1 script for all 3 games, but i would just need to put .lua in 3 game folders

for example to learn all spells:

"-- learn all spells
for _, pl in Party do
for i in pl.Spells do
pl.Spells = true
end
end"

it works in MM7 and 8. havnt checked MM6 yet

Eksekk wrote: Sep 24 2022, 18:31 You weren't able to find that info, because there isn't a tutorial for general MM modding. I might make one in the future

luckily, the letter in inventory at start, is all i need for now. but yea, in future i might need something more, so if there are some people like me (total noob), so yea, some tutorial might be really helpful!

thanks!!

raekuul
Demon
Demon

Unread postby raekuul » Sep 25 2022, 13:35

the Learn All Spells example works in all three games (since it iterates across both the entire party table and the entire table of spells).

There are certain quirks that are unique to each game (MM6 is the only game with "Poison" resistance, MM8 has five characters, etc). Scripts will need to be adjusted for each game in those odd cases, but keep in mind that which set of game-specific things you need depends on what executable you're running: if you're running MMMerge, then that's based on MM8 so you "only" need to account for MM8's quirks.

You should be able to make "one" master script and then modify it based on each game's quirks - that's what I'll having been done with my Monster Randomization scripts (though that project's on the back burner for now since I'm currently making a version of it specific to Skill Emphasis)

Return to “Might and Magic”