MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

bSunday
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Aug 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby bSunday » Aug 6 2019, 12:46

DaveHer wrote:(Ok, I can export them from the original maps,) Thats what you are going to have to do. I am the author of "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" and I use the editor to do it. I don't think it is possible to rotate models(I never asked GrayFace about that). I had to use blender to do that. I also created a lot of models with blender and exported them in wavefront format which are created into OBJ files and they go into the MapModels folder. :)

Thank you, I'll do it that way then.

xanicide
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby xanicide » Aug 7 2019, 18:19

Is there a way to select classes in MM8 separately from portraits? I want to use the minotaur skill set but I am not a fan of the way that they look. I feel like it is certainly possible using this editor but I am unsure of how to go about it since I am not a programmer. Thanks.

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 197
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby DaveHer » Aug 7 2019, 19:25

xanicide wrote:Is there a way to select classes in MM8 separately from portraits? I want to use the minotaur skill set but I am not a fan of the way that they look. I feel like it is certainly possible using this editor but I am unsure of how to go about it since I am not a programmer. Thanks.

You can not do it with the editor. The editor is for changing the look of the land by putting trees, house, shops, and other items. Did you want a different looking Minotaur? If so you will need a bitmap editor and to extract the minotaur bitmap from Icons.Lod with MMAchive and bring it into a bitmap editor like photo shop. If you just want any of the other character's face and still have the minotaur skills, that's easy, use a the save game editor call mm8che. With that you can change the portrait and the skill will stay the same.
David Hernandez :)

xanicide
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Aug 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby xanicide » Aug 7 2019, 19:41

DaveHer wrote:
xanicide wrote:Is there a way to select classes in MM8 separately from portraits? I want to use the minotaur skill set but I am not a fan of the way that they look. I feel like it is certainly possible using this editor but I am unsure of how to go about it since I am not a programmer. Thanks.

You can not do it with the editor. The editor is for changing the look of the land by putting trees, house, shops, and other items. Did you want a different looking Minotaur? If so you will need a bitmap editor and to extract the minotaur bitmap from Icons.Lod with MMAchive and bring it into a bitmap editor like photo shop. If you just want any of the other character's face and still have the minotaur skills, that's easy, use a the save game editor call mm8che. With that you can change the portrait and the skill will stay the same.
David Hernandez :)


Worked perfectly, thanks a bunch!

User avatar
Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Jan 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby Anerag » Aug 20 2019, 11:20

Having some trouble making custom lod archives for MM6. I made a new archive named "01 mod.games.lod" and put some modified map files in there. When I run the game, the modified map from the new archive isn't used. Is it broken or am I doing it wrong? Just to be clear, the modified map works fine if I put it in the original lod.

Also while I'm here I might as well ask. Is it possible to add new NPCs to NPCdata.txt? Modifying existing ones works well enough but I'd like to keep those if possible.
Last edited by Anerag on Aug 20 2019, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaveHer
Scout
Scout
Posts: 197
Joined: 13 Mar 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby DaveHer » Aug 20 2019, 18:14

Anerag wrote:Having some trouble making custom lod archives for MM6. I made a new archive named "01 mod.games.lod" and put some modified map files in there. When I run the game, the modified map from the new archive isn't used. Is it broken or am I doing it wrong? Just to be clear, the modified map works fine if I put it in the original lod.

Also while I'm here I might as well ask. Is it possible to add new NPCs to NPCdata.txt? Modifying existing ones works well enough but I'd like to keep those if possible.

I think this will work (00 patch.games.lod) because it has been done for other games.

I too tried to add new NPCs but i think there is a limit as to how many NPCs MM6 can handle. GrayFace would have to answer that one.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on Aug 20 2019, 21:59, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon
Posts: 1456
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby GrayFace » Aug 21 2019, 21:08

Anerag wrote:I made a new archive named "01 mod.games.lod" and put some modified map files in there.

How have you created it? The easiest and always working way is to open games.lod, select nothing and press "Export Selection As Archive".

Anerag wrote:Also while I'm here I might as well ask. Is it possible to add new NPCs to NPCdata.txt?

Nope. I didn't feel the need to support it when there's a ton of "Boob" lines in MM7 and MM8, but in MM6 it's a problem.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Jan 2019

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby Anerag » Aug 22 2019, 0:06

GrayFace wrote:How have you created it? The easiest and always working way is to open games.lod, select nothing and press "Export Selection As Archive".

I made the new .lod with ctrl+N in MMArchive, .lods created this way would either crash the game or not do anything. Exporting empty selection worked though so thanks for that!

GrayFace wrote:Nope. I didn't feel the need to support it when there's a ton of "Boob" lines in MM7 and MM8, but in MM6 it's a problem.

Too bad, luckily it looks like there's just enough space for my needs.

User avatar
GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon
Posts: 1456
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby GrayFace » Aug 22 2019, 8:41

Anerag wrote:I made the new .lod with ctrl+N in MMArchive, .lods created this way would either crash the game or not do anything.

You have to specify lod type in "Save as type" selection (I shouldn't have added "all archive types" to it).
Last edited by GrayFace on Aug 22 2019, 8:44, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
Figo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 27 Jul 2014
Location: Poland

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby Figo » Oct 2 2019, 20:46

I've found 2 bugs related to "Choose Party" script. I've also installed the newest MMExtension v2.2 for the script running.
1) What is strange to me, when I started the game with 5 characters, and decided to dismiss temporary one of them to take something from Fredrick Talimere, and I found out that my 5th member didn't show up in the tavern... So, when I dismissed all of them (except 1st) some of them went missing (I don't know what is determining it).

2) Normally at the beginning of the game there is Devlin Arcanus (necromancer) and Elsbeth Lamentia (vampire) at the tavern. Now I found Rohani Oscleton (Elf lvl 5 from Alvar) and another Dark Elf with mixed class (also with a nice "Placeholder text" as a description).

2a) So I started testing:
-) 1 character at the start = Devlin+Elsabeth at tavern
-) 2 characters = only Elsabeth
-) 3 characters = Rohani out of nowhere
-) 4 characters = Rohani + Strange elf-vampire
-) 5 characters = Rohani + Strange elf-vampire
/side note: with 4 starting characters, dismissing some of them also made them vanish/

screenshots

All in all it's playable but I'm a bit worried about main quests when hireling is needed.

/edit
I've found MM8 Let's play from 2015 with this choose party script/mod, and the tavern was empty (with starting 5 ppl), so what's wrong with the newest version?

Windows 7
MM8 version: GOG eng 1.0 (22833) // MM8 Patch v2.4.1
MMExtension: 2.2
MM8ChooseParty: latest

/edit 2
I didn't give up, so I've managed to find old "MMExtension v2.1" and tested it with the newest MM8ChooseParty script, and it looks like this:
-) 1 character at the start = Devlin+Elsabeth at tavern
-) 2 char - Elsabeth at tavern
-) 3-5 char = no one (so ther's no Rohani + Strange elf-vampire)

Also, what is important, when I dismiss someone he/she is coming back to the tavern and not vanishing.

To sum up: something's wrong with MMExtension v2.2.
Last edited by Figo on Oct 6 2019, 14:38, edited 3 times in total.

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 30 Apr 2018

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Postby chiyolate » Oct 15 2019, 20:29

Hello, I would like to report that editing The Hive in MM6 (hive.blv & hive.dlv) will result in crash whenever trying to reopen/re-edit it..

Sadly I was trying to change the Reactor and Queen's HP for my mod...


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests