MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Jun 2019, 22:19

MM8 Choose Party
It's back up. This time I decided not to bother with an installer. You'll need to unpack it and MMExtension into the game folder.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 17 Jun 2019, 23:11

I would still like to modify the contents of specific chests (I haven't found a code to modify for that) and get the game on Emerald Isle to regenerate like the rest of the island. If it is possible I would like to see if you could set a given treasure in any area as the only one on the ground (like just money or herbs).

tinywhitecat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tinywhitecat » 18 Jun 2019, 00:45

I'm having problems with exporting maps.
The map exports fine into .obj and .mtl, but opening it with blender results with the generic "File format is not supported in file" error. I took a look in the .obj and couldn't find anything that deviated from obj formatting. The only thing out of the ordinary was the .mtl's usage of the 'Tr' and 'd' tags, but I don't think that should cause problems. Is it a symptom of the rooms system and if so, how can I get the model into a usable state?
I tried opening it in MatLab too, but that just crashed.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 18 Jun 2019, 03:32

tinywhitecat wrote:I'm having problems with exporting maps.
The map exports fine into .obj and .mtl, but opening it with blender results with the generic "File format is not supported in file" error. I took a look in the .obj and couldn't find anything that deviated from obj formatting. The only thing out of the ordinary was the .mtl's usage of the 'Tr' and 'd' tags, but I don't think that should cause problems. Is it a symptom of the rooms system and if so, how can I get the model into a usable state?
I tried opening it in MatLab too, but that just crashed.
I am redoing "The Chaos Conspiracy" and have successfully exported land maps and imported the map with blender. Make sure you have the update files for the editor and MMextension. They have been recently updated. I am using blender 2.79b. Make sure you are importing a wavefront file. Also on the right side of blender are some controls. Look for " view" and go down to clip and set the "end" to 100000.00. If you don't, you will not be able to do any thing because you will not be able to zoom out far enough. When you do bring in the map into blender it will be huge and you need to zoom out a
lot. In my case when I delete all the lamps and camera, every thing on the blender work space lights up. I have done many models for The Chaos Conspiracy. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 18 Jun 2019, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 18 Jun 2019, 03:42

theorclair wrote:I would still like to modify the contents of specific chests (I haven't found a code to modify for that) and get the game on Emerald Isle to regenerate like the rest of the island. If it is possible I would like to see if you could set a given treasure in any area as the only one on the ground (like just money or herbs).
Go to this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5y4cn5i6q0yv ... 78aoa?dl=0 The quest guild has information on how to edit chests. Step by step. :)
David

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 18 Jun 2019, 15:01

DaveHer wrote:
theorclair wrote:I would still like to modify the contents of specific chests (I haven't found a code to modify for that) and get the game on Emerald Isle to regenerate like the rest of the island. If it is possible I would like to see if you could set a given treasure in any area as the only one on the ground (like just money or herbs).
Go to this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5y4cn5i6q0yv ... 78aoa?dl=0 The quest guild has information on how to edit chests. Step by step. :)
David
Thanks. It's for 7, but I assume it would work for 6 as well?

And where do you get the 8 editor mentioned there?
Last edited by theorclair on 18 Jun 2019, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

tinywhitecat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tinywhitecat » 18 Jun 2019, 17:30

DaveHer wrote:
tinywhitecat wrote:problems
helpful things
It seems I was doing it correctly, after 3 days of trying to fix it it mysteriously worked. Not that I'm complaining! :D Thanks for the help.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 18 Jun 2019, 17:49

theorclair wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
David
Thanks. It's for 7, but I assume it would work for 6 as well?

And where do you get the 8 editor mentioned there?
At this link: https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ :)
David

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 18 Jun 2019, 19:54

Do you put in in the folders along with mmextension? and how is it run?
Last edited by theorclair on 18 Jun 2019, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jun 2019, 00:58

theorclair wrote:Do you put in in the folders along with mmextension? and how is it run?
You place the folders of both MMextension and MMEditor into the game main folder (ex. C:\3DO/Might and Magic VII\). For the mm8leveleditor, just unpack it to any directory and double click on mm8leveleditor.jar(this is for editing chests). You will need to install Java on your computer. MMextension and MMEditor are map editors. After you place the folders in the MM7 directory run the game and wait awhile. MMextension will be making some folder and files. With these you can put things into the land maps. Like trees plants and so on. To use press the Alt and F1 keys while in the game. Then press the mouse wheel to get access to the buttons on the left. Then export the map. Then press continue. Then to put, say sprites, click on sprites button then on type button and a screen will appear. Pick your sprite click OK at the bottom. Then click Create. Then land. When you finish putting things on to the map. Click Save at the top. Then Compile. It will make some files that you will put into the games.lod file with MMachive. Read the read me file. :) Here is the link you need. You will find all the tools there. https://grayface.github.io/mm/
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 19 Jun 2019, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jun 2019, 01:10

DaveHer wrote:
theorclair wrote:Do you put in in the folders along with mmextension? and how is it run?

You place the folders of both MMextension and MMEditor into the game main folder (ex. C:\3DO/Might and Magic VII\). For the mm8leveleditor, just unpack it to any directory and double click on mm8leveleditor.jar(this is for editing chests). You will need to install Java on your computer. MMextension and MMEditor are map editors. After you place the folders in the MM7 directory run the game and wait awhile. MMextension will be making some folder and files. With these you can put things into the land maps. Like trees plants and so on. To use press the Alt and F1 keys while in the game. Then press the mouse wheel to get access to the buttons on the left. Then export the map. Then press continue. Then to put, say sprites, click on sprites button then on type button and a screen will appear. Pick your sprite click OK at the bottom. Then click Create. Then land. When you finish putting things on to the map. Click Save at the top. Then Compile. It will make some files that you will put into the games.lod file with MMachive. Read the read me file. :) Here is the link you need. You will find all the tools there. https://grayface.github.io/mm/
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 19 Jun 2019, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 19 Jun 2019, 03:45

So you install java, run the game, and then press those keys?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jun 2019, 09:23

theorclair wrote:So you install java, run the game, and then press those keys?
mm8leveleditor is a stand alone program. It uses java. Double click on mm8leveleditor.jar and a program will come up for editing chests. It is the one they use in the quest guild. MMextension and MMeditor are completely different programs. There is where you use the keys. For those follow the instructions given on the previous post. Sorry I was not clear.
David

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 19 Jun 2019, 15:03

I clicked on it and got an error message.

edit: got it to work this time
Last edited by theorclair on 19 Jun 2019, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 19 Jun 2019, 22:37

Would you use the same technique to modify the chance of random items on the floor?
Last edited by theorclair on 19 Jun 2019, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jun 2019, 23:40

theorclair wrote:Would you use the same technique to modify the chance of random items on the floor?
That's going to require a lot of doing things. 1st extracting content (with MMAchive) from lod file. Then decompiling the files. Then placing a script in the file. That where Rodril or GrayFace comes in. I do not now how do do scripting. This link has the files decompiled. http://mmgames.ru/index.php?option=com_ ... 96&lang=en. Scoll down to where all three games are decompiled scripts.
David

SirIdaExtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirIdaExtreme » 02 Aug 2019, 16:44

Hi!
I a trying to get the Extension and choose party patches to work, but I just can't figure it out.
I unpack the RAR files, and copy the dll's into the game folders.
I open the game, and nothing is changed, In still can only start the game with one character.
Can someone give a quick noob's guide on how i get it to work/install?
Please keep in mind, that I am semi technology handicapped
I would be very grateful
//Ida

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Aug 2019, 19:59

The choose party.rar has the Data and the Scripts folder and they go into Might and Magic VIII folder. MMExtensionTmp.rar has the Scripts and the ExeMods folders and they too go into the Might and Magic VIII. If placed in the right place they should work. There is a dll file that goes in the ExeMods/MMExtension/ fold.
David

bSunday
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bSunday » 05 Aug 2019, 11:28

Hello!

I have some noobish question about the level editor, please help me!

1. Where are the .mdt & .obj files? (in MM7)
Ok, I can export them from the original maps, but I'm pretty sure there are an easier way to use them.

2. How can I rotate the models/objects?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 17:38

bSunday wrote:Hello!

I have some noobish question about the level editor, please help me!

1. Where are the .mdt & .obj files? (in MM7)
Ok, I can export them from the original maps, but I'm pretty sure there are an easier way to use them.

2. How can I rotate the models/objects?
(Ok, I can export them from the original maps,) Thats what you are going to have to do. I am the author of "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" and I use the editor to do it. I don't think it is possible to rotate models(I never asked GrayFace about that). I had to use blender to do that. I also created a lot of models with blender and exported them in wavefront format which are created into OBJ files and they go into the MapModels folder. :)

Return to “Might and Magic”