MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Unread postby CATMAN » 25 Jun 2021, 17:14

...could you fix my example? It's just, I don't understand English well...

catman.outa3.lua

Code: Select all

gamername = Question("What is the gamer's name?", "Who are You?")
Message("Hello" gamername "!")
Last edited by CATMAN on 25 Jun 2021, 17:17, edited 3 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Jun 2021, 17:44

Try this:

local function delayed_f()
	Sleep(100, 100)

local gamername = Question("What is the gamer's name?", "Who are You?")
	Sleep(100, 100)

Message("Hello " .. gamername .. "!")
end

function events.AfterLoadMap()
	coroutine.resume(coroutine.create(delayed_f))
end

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 25 Jun 2021, 17:54

*cough* I fail to launch MMEditor, lol. I press Alt+F1 in game, it doesn't do anything (right alt opens a text file to execute code and whatnot, same as left Ctrl). I have MMExtension installed. Can it be launched in the Merge?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Jun 2021, 18:06

Strange. It is included in the merge, and allowed to be open without restrictions. Have you installed anything on top of the merge? All you have to do is unpack merge files into fresh-installed MM8 game, no other manipulations should be necessary.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 25 Jun 2021, 18:12

I have added/edited some files, but they're not guilty. Just tried it on a fresh install copy and only copied in the Merge files. Alt F1 causes my NVidia software to take a screenshot (even though I turned the software off... theoretically). Wonder if that's what messes with it. Hmm. I'll look into the hotkeys in there.

EDIT: Yep, that was it. If anyone else gets this issue - remap Alt+F1 in the GeForce experience :embarrased:
Last edited by Echo on 25 Jun 2021, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 25 Jun 2021, 20:16

Rodril wrote:Try this:

Sleep(100, 100)

Sleep(100, 100)

end

end
...thanks. However, I expected much simpler code than the one presented by you. In addition, instead of the specified message, something is displayed...

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 27 Jun 2021, 17:49

I wanted to fix the textures in my oold mod's files, and I found out the tilesets got jumbled. Which would be easy to fix (unless it broke something else), only I can't seem to change 1 of the 6:

Is there a reason for this?

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 28 Jun 2021, 16:25

Rodril wrote:Try this:

Sleep(100, 100)

Sleep(100, 100)

end

end
...this is the text, instead of the one we want...
Last edited by CATMAN on 28 Jun 2021, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 29 Jun 2021, 09:56

CATMAN wrote:...this is the text, instead of the one we want...
Do you use latest merge version? This is old bug, that have been fixed in recent updates.
Echo wrote:Is there a reason for this?
As far as i know, every tileset uses first tiles as background texture for other tiles intersection, probably engine does not support it's changing. If only thing you need is coastline texture fix, check how it is done in Rust Sands map in the merge - you have to create special lava tileset and use it instead of default.

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

...thanks! It worked...

Unread postby CATMAN » 01 Jul 2021, 15:15

... thanks! It worked ...

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 02 Jul 2021, 13:27

Lol I thought "hey, would it work if I put some mm6 monsters on an mm8 map?!" and I did it and it does sort of work :D The problem is, some monsters are friendly - don't know what it's based on, I tried with some undead/creepy stuff: MM6 & MM7 Oozes, MM7 Revenants, MM6 & MM7 ghosts, MM6 stuff suckers, and MM7 zombies.

Revenants and Zombies turned out friendly.

Oh, and I also put in a black cat who was hostile :( There is a deep lack of cat presence in these games and I wish to fix this injustice. There's also sprites for dogs and chickens, they're just going to waste!

If it worked as intended, though, how cool would it be to expand on various areas with the wide variety of creatures that fit? Shadowspire could really use some ghosts flying around, for instance! And those slimy pools just ask for soomething oooozing out of them... :tongue:
Last edited by Echo on 02 Jul 2021, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 03 Jul 2021, 17:16

If anyone is wondering the same (how to make monsters unfriendly to party), this has already been answered in this topic.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 05 Jul 2021, 10:06

Echo wrote: Oh, and I also put in a black cat who was hostile :( There is a deep lack of cat presence in these games and I wish to fix this injustice. There's also sprites for dogs and chickens, they're just going to waste!
...cats - it's good...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Aug 2021, 22:39

Just a testing, please ignore.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Grumnar1982
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grumnar1982 » 03 Sep 2021, 14:16

Sorry to bother people with questions that has probably been asked and answered several times already but here we go.

1. Is there anyway, with using either of these two programs to be able to modify enchantments with ease? I have looked at the examples Grayface posted in his help document link, and I got two to work properly, "of the Gods" and "of Protection". I want to be able to modify the remaining enchantments to my liking.

2. Is there anyway to modify the artifact/relics/special items in the game? I have personally discovered that Yoruba (the plate armor) does not add any armor class. In addition Hero's Belt for some reason is also adding +10 to all resistances, which it is not supposed to do. I am sure there are other that I have not seen, but I would like to go through them all and fix them to how they are supposed to be, at the very least. I have seen posts saying that the artifacts are hard-coded, is that true or has someone (IE Grayface) been able to extract them yet?

3. Using MMExtension, which .lod files should I be extracting .txt files from in order to accomplish any general modding that I may want to do? Such as class skills or perks for skills (Like expert, master, grandmaster bonuses).

4. I also downloaded MMArchive, but I am not sure how it works. I have tried editing ITEM.txt and then importing it into event.lod but it made me create a new file called event.lod.new which confused me.

5. Is there a way to modify the statistics screen of the characters to show where bonuses are coming from. Similar to how skills show a +x modifier when you hover over them or right click them. Or to show what bonus you are currently receiving from say Might, Endurance, etc.

6. When creating scripts for items/enchants/whatever, do they each need there own file? Like if I changed the "of the Gods" enchantment and the "of Protection" enchantment, could I just make a single enchant.lua file for them both or would I need to make them sperate?

7. Along with the other questions, is there a way to modify the rest of the items in game? Like Longsword or Longbow so they do a different amnount of damage than they currently do or is that kind of thing hard-coded? The numbers like 5d2 (for longbows) just bothers me slightly for some reason. I get that this game is not Dungeons and Dragons, so I understand the different damage ranges, but I would still like to fix them regardless.

I think that is all I have for the moment. Sorry for bothering everyone. I tried posting in another thread, but did not get a huge response, so I wanted to try here. If it is an issue, I will delete this post.
Last edited by Grumnar1982 on 05 Sep 2021, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Sep 2021, 09:00

Grumnar1982 wrote:Sorry to bother people with questions that has probably been asked and answered several times already but here we go.

3. Using MMExtension, which .lod files should I be extracting .txt files from in order to accomplish any general modding that I may want to do? Such as class skills or perks for skills (Like expert, master, grandmaster bonuses).

I think that is all I have for the moment. Sorry for bothering everyone. I tried posting in another thread, but did not get a huge response, so I wanted to try here. If it is an issue, I will delete this post.
For all three game the files are in Table's folder for editing and just put it back after editing. For MM6 you need MMAchive to extract the text files that are in Icons.lod file and after editing, put back with MMAchive. For MM7 the file is Events.lod. For MM8 the file is EngishT.lod.
David

Grumnar1982
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grumnar1982 » 05 Sep 2021, 17:41

Thank you David. Do you know if there are any other "hidden" or "secret" files that are located elsewhere?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Sep 2021, 22:03

Grumnar1982 wrote:Thank you David. Do you know if there are any other "hidden" or "secret" files that are located elsewhere?
Sorry I do not. :(
David

dstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dstar » 17 Oct 2021, 03:35

I think I'm missing something. I want to install MM8 choose party, which requires MMExtension, but I'm not sure how to install MMExtension? Where do I find the installation instructions?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Oct 2021, 07:59

dstar wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 03:35 I think I'm missing something. I want to install MM8 choose party, which requires MMExtension, but I'm not sure how to install MMExtension? Where do I find the installation instructions?
Place the folds into the folder where MM8 is installed (where mm8.exe is). You must also put the folders of the MMEditor there.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”