MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
bSunday
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Unread postby bSunday » 06 Aug 2019, 12:46

DaveHer wrote: (Ok, I can export them from the original maps,) Thats what you are going to have to do. I am the author of "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" and I use the editor to do it. I don't think it is possible to rotate models(I never asked GrayFace about that). I had to use blender to do that. I also created a lot of models with blender and exported them in wavefront format which are created into OBJ files and they go into the MapModels folder. :)
Thank you, I'll do it that way then.

xanicide
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xanicide » 07 Aug 2019, 18:19

Is there a way to select classes in MM8 separately from portraits? I want to use the minotaur skill set but I am not a fan of the way that they look. I feel like it is certainly possible using this editor but I am unsure of how to go about it since I am not a programmer. Thanks.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 Aug 2019, 19:25

xanicide wrote:Is there a way to select classes in MM8 separately from portraits? I want to use the minotaur skill set but I am not a fan of the way that they look. I feel like it is certainly possible using this editor but I am unsure of how to go about it since I am not a programmer. Thanks.
You can not do it with the editor. The editor is for changing the look of the land by putting trees, house, shops, and other items. Did you want a different looking Minotaur? If so you will need a bitmap editor and to extract the minotaur bitmap from Icons.Lod with MMAchive and bring it into a bitmap editor like photo shop. If you just want any of the other character's face and still have the minotaur skills, that's easy, use a the save game editor call mm8che. With that you can change the portrait and the skill will stay the same.
David Hernandez :)

xanicide
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xanicide » 07 Aug 2019, 19:41

DaveHer wrote:
xanicide wrote:Is there a way to select classes in MM8 separately from portraits? I want to use the minotaur skill set but I am not a fan of the way that they look. I feel like it is certainly possible using this editor but I am unsure of how to go about it since I am not a programmer. Thanks.
You can not do it with the editor. The editor is for changing the look of the land by putting trees, house, shops, and other items. Did you want a different looking Minotaur? If so you will need a bitmap editor and to extract the minotaur bitmap from Icons.Lod with MMAchive and bring it into a bitmap editor like photo shop. If you just want any of the other character's face and still have the minotaur skills, that's easy, use a the save game editor call mm8che. With that you can change the portrait and the skill will stay the same.
David Hernandez :)
Worked perfectly, thanks a bunch!

Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anerag » 20 Aug 2019, 11:20

Having some trouble making custom lod archives for MM6. I made a new archive named "01 mod.games.lod" and put some modified map files in there. When I run the game, the modified map from the new archive isn't used. Is it broken or am I doing it wrong? Just to be clear, the modified map works fine if I put it in the original lod.

Also while I'm here I might as well ask. Is it possible to add new NPCs to NPCdata.txt? Modifying existing ones works well enough but I'd like to keep those if possible.
Last edited by Anerag on 20 Aug 2019, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Aug 2019, 18:14

Anerag wrote:Having some trouble making custom lod archives for MM6. I made a new archive named "01 mod.games.lod" and put some modified map files in there. When I run the game, the modified map from the new archive isn't used. Is it broken or am I doing it wrong? Just to be clear, the modified map works fine if I put it in the original lod.

Also while I'm here I might as well ask. Is it possible to add new NPCs to NPCdata.txt? Modifying existing ones works well enough but I'd like to keep those if possible.
I think this will work (00 patch.games.lod) because it has been done for other games.

I too tried to add new NPCs but i think there is a limit as to how many NPCs MM6 can handle. GrayFace would have to answer that one.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 20 Aug 2019, 21:59, edited 4 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Aug 2019, 21:08

Anerag wrote:I made a new archive named "01 mod.games.lod" and put some modified map files in there.
How have you created it? The easiest and always working way is to open games.lod, select nothing and press "Export Selection As Archive".
Anerag wrote:Also while I'm here I might as well ask. Is it possible to add new NPCs to NPCdata.txt?
Nope. I didn't feel the need to support it when there's a ton of "Boob" lines in MM7 and MM8, but in MM6 it's a problem.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Anerag
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Anerag » 22 Aug 2019, 00:06

GrayFace wrote:How have you created it? The easiest and always working way is to open games.lod, select nothing and press "Export Selection As Archive".
I made the new .lod with ctrl+N in MMArchive, .lods created this way would either crash the game or not do anything. Exporting empty selection worked though so thanks for that!
GrayFace wrote:Nope. I didn't feel the need to support it when there's a ton of "Boob" lines in MM7 and MM8, but in MM6 it's a problem.
Too bad, luckily it looks like there's just enough space for my needs.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Aug 2019, 08:41

Anerag wrote:I made the new .lod with ctrl+N in MMArchive, .lods created this way would either crash the game or not do anything.
You have to specify lod type in "Save as type" selection (I shouldn't have added "all archive types" to it).
Last edited by GrayFace on 22 Aug 2019, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Figo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Figo » 02 Oct 2019, 20:46

I've found 2 bugs related to "Choose Party" script. I've also installed the newest MMExtension v2.2 for the script running.
1) What is strange to me, when I started the game with 5 characters, and decided to dismiss temporary one of them to take something from Fredrick Talimere, and I found out that my 5th member didn't show up in the tavern... So, when I dismissed all of them (except 1st) some of them went missing (I don't know what is determining it).

2) Normally at the beginning of the game there is Devlin Arcanus (necromancer) and Elsbeth Lamentia (vampire) at the tavern. Now I found Rohani Oscleton (Elf lvl 5 from Alvar) and another Dark Elf with mixed class (also with a nice "Placeholder text" as a description).

2a) So I started testing:
-) 1 character at the start = Devlin+Elsabeth at tavern
-) 2 characters = only Elsabeth
-) 3 characters = Rohani out of nowhere
-) 4 characters = Rohani + Strange elf-vampire
-) 5 characters = Rohani + Strange elf-vampire
/side note: with 4 starting characters, dismissing some of them also made them vanish/

screenshots

All in all it's playable but I'm a bit worried about main quests when hireling is needed.

/edit
I've found MM8 Let's play from 2015 with this choose party script/mod, and the tavern was empty (with starting 5 ppl), so what's wrong with the newest version?

Windows 7
MM8 version: GOG eng 1.0 (22833) // MM8 Patch v2.4.1
MMExtension: 2.2
MM8ChooseParty: latest

/edit 2
I didn't give up, so I've managed to find old "MMExtension v2.1" and tested it with the newest MM8ChooseParty script, and it looks like this:
-) 1 character at the start = Devlin+Elsabeth at tavern
-) 2 char - Elsabeth at tavern
-) 3-5 char = no one (so ther's no Rohani + Strange elf-vampire)

Also, what is important, when I dismiss someone he/she is coming back to the tavern and not vanishing.

To sum up: something's wrong with MMExtension v2.2.
Last edited by Figo on 06 Oct 2019, 14:38, edited 3 times in total.

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 15 Oct 2019, 20:29

Hello, I would like to report that editing The Hive in MM6 (hive.blv & hive.dlv) will result in crash whenever trying to reopen/re-edit it..

Sadly I was trying to change the Reactor and Queen's HP for my mod...

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 31 Oct 2019, 07:54

Hello, I would like to report another bug with the latest newer editor. I compiled Shadow Guild Hideout in MM6, and it became like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTIv5PwMnZo

I also compiled Temple of Baa in Castle Ironfist, and the bug similar to Shadow Guild Hideout above exist, but only to spawned monsters after opening up the north and south locked doors, the skeletons and the baa's just standing there.

I also compiled many other modded dungeons in MM6 (mostly only added 1 or 2 custom monsters), and haven't finished testing all.
I will report if I found more...

edit: Dragoon's Caverns also has similar symptoms, but only to some monsters.

I hope it can be fixed...
Last edited by chiyolate on 31 Oct 2019, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

Aveneid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aveneid » 25 Nov 2019, 00:09

Hi, i wanted to export original maps but when i started editor and clicked 'export' my game keeps crashing.
Im using recent MMExtension and MMEditor.
Can someone tell me how can i get rid of this or can someone link me original exported maps?
Thanks in advance

wuxiangjinxing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wuxiangjinxing » 13 Dec 2019, 00:04

Hey,

How could I say: when a spell is casted by Druid, then call a personal function?

Thanks!

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chiyolate » 22 Dec 2019, 12:43

Hello

I want to report another bug in MM7

After modding The Temple of Baa in Avlee, the player cannot complete promotion quest for Master (which is to kill the High priest of Baa there) even though the priest of baa have been killed.

A bit frustrating because most of the monsters there are preinserted with 100HP and can only be modded through this MMEditor...

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 24 Dec 2019, 21:01

With the MM8 editor, can you put random items from a specific group (like weapons) in a chest? What's the code for that? I only can find specific items and random items from a special item group.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Dec 2019, 15:49

@GrayFace
I am redoing Maestro’s MM7 mod(Like The Chaos Conspiracy Redone but this time I repainted most of the builds replace all trees with HD). I have done two land maps. Tested it to see if it would work. It did not. Emeral Island and Harmondale are the two maps I have done. Emeral Island played fine, but when I got to Harmondale and killed a few monsters, it crashed to the desk top. Is there a limit as to how many sprites the game can handle?
Edit: I think I found the problem. It has to do with the spawn monster marks. They are spawning to many monsters. I deleted more that half of those marks and no more crashes.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 05 Jan 2020, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 29 Dec 2019, 01:49

Some of my old scripts no longer work (they all use a i = Game.Rand() % 6 looking like that, and the game says there's no variable like that). Is there something different to use?

I get the same message no matter which script I alter: the Rand function is "nil".
Last edited by theorclair on 29 Dec 2019, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 29 Dec 2019, 16:05

Anyone have the Townportal switch script? If so, how do you get it to make the editor go to other places? I put in new parameters in the second part but they still take me to the original map places, just different ones. (I did change the map numbers.) Do you change the Qbits?
Last edited by theorclair on 29 Dec 2019, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 01 Jan 2020, 18:45

rodril have one :P

Return to “Might and Magic”