MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MMExtension v2.1 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [Apr 22, 2016]

Unread postby motter25420 » 30 Apr 2017, 18:43

J. M. Sower wrote:I noticed that mm8.exe contains some interesting dialog boxes. It looks like they are for setting coordinates for items that doesn't have posibility to edit their cords in items.txt (for example swords can be moved in items.txt but boots can't and they have dialog box visible on screen below).

I found some code in Deasembler but i don't know any way to use it. What do you think? Maybe there is some way to summon that dialog boxes in game? ;|

Not trying to bust into the convo but seems like you're working on a mod? I'm currently modding MM6, I know you're doing 8, I plan to mod 7 and 8 eventually. Just thinking maybe you and I could share info and help each other out. I did an alpha mod a few years back but abandoned it. I've been gone for a about 4-5yrs and don't know all the people here anymore so like I say, just wanted to say hey and offer to share what I do know and hopefully learn some things from you as well, Grayface of course is just amazing, but I don't like to bother him for everything.

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 30 Apr 2017, 18:46

dark templar wrote::-D Hi GrayFace,may I ask you how to translate this script into lua?It's kind of shame that I don't even know a little bit about lua :(

Code: Select all

event 318
      Hint = str[100]  -- ""
  0:  MoveToMap  {X = -14208, Y = -6992, Z = 1344, Direction = 1024, LookAngle = 0, SpeedZ = 0, HouseId = 0, Icon = 0, Name = "0"}
end
There are two teleport plates which teleport players to the temple at the square of Bracada Desert,I want to change one of them to teleport
to the shop,so I need to add an event 318 just like above.
I appreciate anyone who can help me :-D

I'm at work right now and my computer here doesn't have Lua installed, but when I get home I will translate this for you and have it posted some time tomorrow.

Gorgameth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gorgameth » 01 May 2017, 02:44

Hi everyone,

Dunno if anyone has ran into this. I've installed the latest versions of the MMExtension and the latest patches, and now the game crashes to desktop when attempting to enter various dungeons (Dragoon`s Keep, Carlegon`s Estate, etc). Removing the ExeMods and Script folder fixes the entering the dungeon issue, but since I installed the HD update, the monsters and doors become too big.

Any idea on how to fix everything without removing all of the updates?

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 03 May 2017, 18:23

dark templar wrote::-D Hi GrayFace,may I ask you how to translate this script into lua?It's kind of shame that I don't even know a little bit about lua :(

event 318
      Hint = str[100]  -- ""
  0:  MoveToMap  {X = -14208, Y = -6992, Z = 1344, Direction = 1024, LookAngle = 0, SpeedZ = 0, HouseId = 0, Icon = 0, Name = "0"}
end
There are two teleport plates which teleport players to the temple at the square of Bracada Desert,I want to change one of them to teleport
to the shop,so I need to add an event 318 just like above.
I appreciate anyone who can help me :-D
Here would be my best guess, let me know if it works:

evt.map[318] = function()
evt.StatusText(100) -- ""
evt.MoveToMap{X = -14208, Y = -6992, Z = 1344, Direction = 1024, LookAngle = 0, SpeedZ = 0, HouseId = 0, Icon = 0, Name = "0"}
end

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 May 2017, 00:54

J. M. Sower wrote:FR(0x5E9530, 0x5E9530 + 0x60*2) give me empty Ref's. :/
Very strange.
Vaoe wrote:Seems there is some activity at the moment and perhaps that answers my question, but the links to quest examples and a few other things on Grayface's page seems to not be working, the files it says are missing. I'd like to play around with quests but not sure where to begin.
Yes, Dropbox messed up the links. I'm switching to Google Drive and releasing new versions of everything soon. For now, things are in disarray.
Vaoe wrote:- Can you somehow disable the Dragon class' breath weapon attack? (I would like to replace it with a new class setup altogether but weapon and range attacks default to breath weapon regardless of equipment and skill.)
Is it still activated if you remove Dragon Ability skill? In MM8.5 we're gonna have all classes with the same human complexion, including dragons. however, I haven't found anything about dragon breath in my script dealing with that.
Vaoe wrote: -Is it possible to swap spells around the spellbooks (random example, swap Wizard Eye from Air to Torch in Fire and have Wizard Eye be governed by Fire Skill and Torch governed by the Air skill.) or simply change which spell skill governs which spell (regardless of what spell book it is in, this seems 'easier' but maybe not possible).
Yes, I can help with that. You need it for MM8, right?
dark templar wrote:I test the script and it works properly.If I want to enhance the "of protection"(+10 to all 4 Resistances) like increase to +20,how to do that?

I have tried the below but it seems not work.

function events.CalcStatBonusByItems(t)
  if t.Stat >= const.Stats.FireResistance and t.Stat <= const.Stats.BodyResistance then
    for it in t.Player:EnumActiveItems() do
      if it.Bonus2 == 2 then
        t.Result = t.Result + 10
      end
    end
  end
end
Change "if it.Bonus2 == 2 then" line. 2 is 'Of the Gods', it's line index in spcitems.txt if you count from 0 and skip header.
dark templar wrote::-D Hi GrayFace,may I ask you how to translate this script into lua?
All scripts are in Lua already. Use *.lua instead of txt\*.txt from https://www.dropbox.com/s/kznafxub3lcbr ... s.rar?dl=0
J. M. Sower wrote:I have that script for quest and it crashes when I click on quest topic with quest item in inventory (I have MMExt 2.2 tmp).
That's my bug of tmp version, I remember it.
motter25420 wrote: So do I have an outdated version?
I just need to release everything and I want to release patches first, because MMExt depends on new patch versions to an extent.
motter25420 wrote: I'm just editing the evt files in Lua and it's working. This is so much easier than Hex, I can't say thank you enough.
It's better to extract specific events and add 'Game.MapEvtLines:RemoveEvent(number)' to disable standard handler. Decompiled scripts will change in some parts with the release of new versions of MMExt and patches.
motter25420 wrote: Something I noticed tho, when I look at the extracted evt files for dungeons they don't have the full info. For example, if I look at the "Temple of the Snake" scripts, there is nothing there about the hidden enemy "Q".

I know back when I was doing this before I was able to go in the dungeons, then extract that evt file from new.lod, and with hex copy the info of the character and then place it in the evt file found in icons.lod, I could edit them anyway I wanted, give them different items or HP etc.
No, you're misremembering. Monsters aren't in scripts, they are in maps. Open the map from games.lod with mm8leveleditor or use my Editor and Internal Map button.
motter25420 wrote: Do I still have to do that with hex or is there another way to control and edit the special spawns in a dungeon? Can I just add a spawn in the Lua script?
Yes, you can.

local mon = SummonMonster(mon_id, x, y, z, true)
Then you can set all sorts of attributes of 'mon': https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... MapMonster
motter25420 wrote:evt.map[318] = function()
evt.StatusText(100) -- ""
evt.MoveToMap{X = -14208, Y = -6992, Z = 1344, Direction = 1024, LookAngle = 0, SpeedZ = 0, HouseId = 0, Icon = 0, Name = "0"}
end
It's evt.hint[318] = str[100], not StatusText.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 May 2017, 00:57

Gorgameth wrote:Dunno if anyone has ran into this. I've installed the latest versions of the MMExtension and the latest patches, and now the game crashes to desktop when attempting to enter various dungeons (Dragoon`s Keep, Carlegon`s Estate, etc).
Make sure you use these versions:
Last edited by GrayFace on 08 May 2017, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 09 May 2017, 19:38

It's better to extract specific events and add 'Game.MapEvtLines:RemoveEvent(number)' to disable standard handler. Decompiled scripts will change in some parts with the release of new versions of MMExt and patches.
OK, for now I'm just editing "Global", but will try that out, thanks.
No, you're misremembering. Monsters aren't in scripts, they are in maps. Open the map from games.lod with mm8leveleditor or use my Editor and Internal Map button.
I meant .evt files, I guess I just think of them as scripts since I am modding them in the lua files you called "decompiled scripts".
Yes, you can.

local mon = SummonMonster(mon_id, x, y, z, true)
Then you can set all sorts of attributes of 'mon': https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... MapMonster
Thanks!
It's evt.hint[318] = str[100], not StatusText.
Gotcha, I just took a stab at it, that was actually for another poster.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 May 2017, 20:35

motter25420 wrote:
OK, for now I'm just editing "Global", but will try that out, thanks.
Then use 'Game.GlobalEvtLines:RemoveEvent(number)' instead. I just found an error in decompilation of CanShowTopic events. I've also updated many .evt files for next patch version, that's another reason for avoiding taking whole decompiled scripts. Third reason is the difference in timers - MM timers are very quirky, next version of patches will have FixTimers option that straightens them up, but it's a relatively big change that some people wouldn't like. Decompiled scripts assume FixTimers=1.
motter25420 wrote:
I meant .evt files
I also meant .evt files, they don't contain anything like that. They also aren't in new.lod. What you're recalling is .dlv and .ddm files, but I don't know why you used to extract them from new.lod.

Vaoe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vaoe » 10 May 2017, 00:20

Vaoe wrote:Seems there is some activity at the moment and perhaps that answers my question, but the links to quest examples and a few other things on Grayface's page seems to not be working, the files it says are missing. I'd like to play around with quests but not sure where to begin.
Grayface wrote:Yes, Dropbox messed up the links. I'm switching to Google Drive and releasing new versions of everything soon. For now, things are in disarray.
Awesome, I'll wait for new versions before I delve in :D
Vaoe wrote:- Can you somehow disable the Dragon class' breath weapon attack? (I would like to replace it with a new class setup altogether but weapon and range attacks default to breath weapon regardless of equipment and skill.)
Grayface wrote:Is it still activated if you remove Dragon Ability skill? In MM8.5 we're gonna have all classes with the same human complexion, including dragons. however, I haven't found anything about dragon breath in my script dealing with that.
Yea it's odd. The reverse is true also. If a character (Cleric say) learns or has Dragon Ability, they do not default to breath weapon or anything, and it does not govern damage or chance to hit. The spell book abilities function fine but the breath attack seems always on for the dragon class regardless if they have any other melee or ranged item equipped.

Side note - I thought MM8.5 was abandoned, very excited to here you mention it. I offered to compose music for it but after no response either way I thought it had been abonded :D
Vaoe wrote:
-Is it possible to swap spells around the spellbooks (random example, swap Wizard Eye from Air to Torch in Fire and have Wizard Eye be governed by Fire Skill and Torch governed by the Air skill.) or simply change which spell skill governs which spell (regardless of what spell book it is in, this seems 'easier' but maybe not possible).
Grayface wrote:Yes, I can help with that. You need it for MM8, right?
Yea for MM8, would love some pointers when you have time.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 May 2017, 12:09

Vaoe wrote:The spell book abilities function fine but the breath attack seems always on for the dragon class regardless if they have any other melee or ranged item equipped.
mem.i4[0x42D8A0] = 0
Vaoe wrote:Side note - I thought MM8.5 was abandoned, very excited to here you mention it. I offered to compose music for it but after no response either way I thought it had been abonded :D
It's actually become quite inactive this year.
Last edited by GrayFace on 10 May 2017, 13:05, edited 2 times in total.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 13 May 2017, 18:41

Hello.
Grayface, can you help me?
Here is hex code of barrel near magic shop at daggerwound island (Out01.odm file).

00280DB0 E3 00 00 00 A0 0E 00 00 28 39 00 00 20 02 00 00
00280DC0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Is it possible to add bolded and underlined words to MMEditor GUI somehow (into sprite settings dialog)?
Bolded word defining type of random global event for this sprite (0xE3 is a barrel, full list of codes). Underlined word is not used anyhow, so i want to store custom event indexes there.

I'm doing few things now, they are not tested enough, but i think they are pretty usefull, so would be great if anyone could try it somehow.

First is limits removal of NPC-related tables (Data, Greet, News, Group, Text, Topic). This script seems to be finished, but tested briefly. I've noticed, that topics are straight-binded to global events, so i was curious about them. And to made additional topics anyhow functional, i had to remove limits of Global.EVT as well. It allow to add new NPC, topics and assign new events to them. New lines should be appended, because game using old by it's index.
Put it into "...\Structs\After" folder, here is link to current state of script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ih4gqf6melfo ... s.lua?dl=0

Second thing is assigning global events to sprites. Original system is not very flex: there is table for global events belonging to current map, game generating it at first enter and at refill day, then storing it in savegame, but problem is, that table does not contain indexes of events, it contain offsets in one-byte items. I've written script which force it to use words and store exactly indexes in it. I did not test it much. Old savegames are not compatible with this script: global events will be screwed up untill next refill day, when game will generate them again.
Here is link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/egnhl7tlh9k0b ... r.lua?dl=0
Put it into "...\Structs\After". For now it only allow you to add new events to existing random tables (for example, additional or new events for barrels), it also support custom events, but only way to add them now - is hexing .odm .

Last thing is "gaps" for teachers and roster events in global.evt (300-417 and 598 - 654), i think i've found enough functions to rescript these events using Quest{} function. Script super roughly adds these functions:
  • 1. CastSpellOnParty(Number, Skill, SkillLevel) - same params as for evt.CastSpell{}, works only for pedestal's buffs.
    2. HireCharacter(RosterID)
    3. DismissCharacter(PlayerID) - you even can dismiss yourself with DismissCharacter(0) :hanged:
    4. RefreshHouseScreen() - if you'll use evt.MoveNPC{} in house with targeted NPC, he will not disappear, this function does it.
    5. ExitCurrentScreen(ToWorld) - forcing party to quit current dialog (House, SimpleMessage, Question, MapEntrance, OutdoorNPC). If first param is "true", party will quit house screen, despite depth of dialog with npc.
    6. SpeakNPCInHouse(NPCPos) - forcing party to speak with NPC in house, but does not hurt GUI. First param - is not NPC index, is position of NPC in house: if house contain three NPC, then SpeakNPCInHouse(0) will force player to speak with upper, SpeakNPCInHouse(1) - with middle one, SpeakNPCInHouse(2) - with lower. This function is buggy now, trying to execute it while speaking with another npc providing crash, unless you'll use ExitCurrentScreen() before.
Here is script and example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/noh6cn5l4s1xw ... s.lua?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mevi9f4zq7ws ... e.lua?dl=0
Example demonstartion.
Put this script into "...\Structs\After" folder, example - into "...\Global" folder.
Last edited by Rodril on 13 May 2017, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 May 2017, 19:05

Rodril wrote:Second thing is assigning global events to sprites.
Here's how I solved it:

-- You can find such flowers in Ravenshore at X = 16921, Y = 4112

local SpriteEvents = 20000
local TXT = Localize{
	FlowerHint = "Flowers",
}

local function Flower(EvtId)
	local i = EvtId - SpriteEvents
	evt.Add("Inventory", 208)
	evt.SetSprite(i, false)  -- alternatively, for the same effect:  Map.Sprites[i].Invisible = true
end

local function InitFlower(i, a)
	a.Event = SpriteEvents + i
	evt.map[SpriteEvents + i] = Flower
	evt.hint[SpriteEvents + i] = TXT.FlowerHint
end

function events.LoadMap()
	for i, a in Map.Sprites do
		if a.DecName == "plant27" then
			InitFlower(i, a)
		end
	end
end
This is in a Global script. So, each sprite gets a unique map event instead of a global one. Indexes 20000-22999 are reserved for such events by a convention: event (20000 + i) should correspond to Map.Sprites.
Rodril wrote:First is limits removal of NPC-related tables (Data, Greet, News, Group, Text, Topic).
Rodril wrote: Last thing is "gaps" for teachers and roster events in global.evt (300-417 and 598 - 654), i think i've found enough functions to rescript these events using Quest{} function. Script super roughly adds these functions:

Cool!
Though, I don't know why you need global.evt. Why not use MMExt: evt.global[topic] = function()...?
Last edited by GrayFace on 13 May 2017, 19:07, edited 2 times in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 14 May 2017, 20:29

Rodril wrote:First is limits removal of NPC-related tables (Data, Greet, News, Group, Text, Topic). This script seems to be finished, but tested briefly. I've noticed, that topics are straight-binded to global events, so i was curious about them. And to made additional topics anyhow functional, i had to remove limits of Global.EVT as well. It allow to add new NPC, topics and assign new events to them. New lines should be appended, because game using old by it's index.
Put it into "...\Structs\After" folder, here is link to current state of script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ih4gqf6melfo ... s.lua?dl=0

[...]

Last thing is "gaps" for teachers and roster events in global.evt (300-417 and 598 - 654), i think i've found enough functions to rescript these events using Quest{} function. Script super roughly adds these functions:
  • 1. CastSpellOnParty(Number, Skill, SkillLevel) - same params as for evt.CastSpell{}, works only for pedestal's buffs.
    2. HireCharacter(RosterID)
    3. DismissCharacter(PlayerID) - you even can dismiss yourself with DismissCharacter(0) :hanged:
    4. RefreshHouseScreen() - if you'll use evt.MoveNPC{} in house with targeted NPC, he will not disappear, this function does it.
    5. ExitCurrentScreen(ToWorld) - forcing party to quit current dialog (House, SimpleMessage, Question, MapEntrance, OutdoorNPC). If first param is "true", party will quit house screen, despite depth of dialog with npc.
    6. SpeakNPCInHouse(NPCPos) - forcing party to speak with NPC in house, but does not hurt GUI. First param - is not NPC index, is position of NPC in house: if house contain three NPC, then SpeakNPCInHouse(0) will force player to speak with upper, SpeakNPCInHouse(1) - with middle one, SpeakNPCInHouse(2) - with lower. This function is buggy now, trying to execute it while speaking with another npc providing crash, unless you'll use ExitCurrentScreen() before.
Nice. It will be useful.

Tomorow I will present my new MM8 script for changing coordinates in inventory. ;) Also I can help if someone wants to change cords of spells icons in spellbook. I found code responsible for it in MM8 and I have a scrap of script for that.

motter25420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby motter25420 » 15 May 2017, 02:10

I also meant .evt files, they don't contain anything like that. They also aren't in new.lod. What you're recalling is .dlv and .ddm files, but I don't know why you used to extract them from new.lod.
You're right, it was the .dlv files I was talking about, sorry, I get all that mixed up, I just know them when I see them. The reason I would go into new.lod is because I could open up .dlv files in hex and take or mod info for the dungeons in hex, then copy their info into the .evt files. One thing I did was give the Golden Dragon in the Temple of the snake the Aegis shield relic, I also changed Q's item from the HP horn to an apple for a quest I had made.

I used to be pretty good in hex, tho I never really liked it all that much, but it did allow me to do many things, problem is like I say I didn't write down most of it and it's been 5yrs and BDJ isn't around anymore, he loved hex, so that is what he taught me.
Last edited by motter25420 on 15 May 2017, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 15 May 2017, 12:02

MM8 Inventory Coordinates script v1.0

So I have a new script. ;) It allows to change which characters looks are using coordinates set for Minotaurs, Trolls and Dragons (only two looks for each kind) and it gives posibility to change various coordinates in inventory. At this time there is NOT posibility to move bows or crossbows and there is only posibility to move weapons and shields together with proper hands.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0ljmx8dh1 ... yCords.lua
This script is only for MM8. Put it into "...\Scripts\General" folder.

I don't know in which way is set which characters looks are men's or womens. :wall:
Last edited by J. M. Sower on 15 May 2017, 12:17, edited 7 times in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 16 May 2017, 09:52

Rodril I used yours script "HardcoreTopicFunctions" and I have made a small script, "PartyQueueKeys". It is for moving characters in party queue by clicking choosen keys. From what I know, some monsters have preferenced some slots in party, so it will be useful to easy move eg. sorcerers to right side. Also I placed in this script posibility to change/turn off sound of hiring character, because it can be loud when you click to move character. ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kcmzjljkk ... ueKeys.lua
Place script in "...\Scripts\General" folder. It requires "HardcoreTopicFunctions" script.

Edit: New version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mbf6echfz ... ueKeys.lua
Last edited by J. M. Sower on 23 May 2017, 13:42, edited 5 times in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 17 May 2017, 12:53

GrayFace wrote:Is it still activated if you remove Dragon Ability skill? In MM8.5 we're gonna have all classes with the same human complexion, including dragons. however, I haven't found anything about dragon breath in my script dealing with that.
GrayFace, please help! I want to change Dragons. I wish I would give them other coordinates of graphics than humans, but I must to add some new space in code, so it is unreachable for me at this time. :sad: Anyway, I am trying to set Dragons to have human complexion though. But I have a problem, because as you can see below, all graphics are shown in party creation window, but the view in game is horrific.

BTW, how to set for classes which inventory they can use? Dragons can't use anything, so this knowledge will be useful. ;)

ImageImage

Emjayen
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Emjayen » 18 May 2017, 00:09

@J. M. Sower

I haven't looked into how resources are encoded, but I can tell you the game uses a 0x3FF (A1R5R5R5) color key in all UI rendering for masking transparent regions -- there are also rendering artifacts (around the edges) in the party screen aswell which is probably related to the root problem in your surface (bitmap)
Last edited by Emjayen on 18 May 2017, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 20 May 2017, 06:54

Emjayen wrote:@J. M. Sower

I haven't looked into how resources are encoded, but I can tell you the game uses a 0x3FF (A1R5R5R5) color key in all UI rendering for masking transparent regions -- there are also rendering artifacts (around the edges) in the party screen aswell which is probably related to the root problem in your surface (bitmap)
Uhh... I really don't know how to use this knowledge. :/

J. M. Sower
Scout
Scout

Unread postby J. M. Sower » 20 May 2017, 21:07

Recently I have weird bug and I don't know where does he come from. It shows when I am using script MoveToMap, for example in dungeons entrances. I tried to remove last scripts and use fresh game in another directory but bug is as always (it is not on non modified game). Not too long ago I haven't that. Maybe someone had this problem?
Last edited by J. M. Sower on 21 May 2017, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”