Dragon evolution

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Which Dragon would you like to have as your pet?

MM1: Coloured Dragons
No votes
MM2: Classed Dragons
5%
MM3: Dragon Worm; Mini Dragon
No votes
MM4: Fire Dragon; Frost Dragon
5%
MM4: Water Dragon; Acid Dragon
No votes
MM5: Green Energy Dragon
No votes
MM5: Phasing Cloud Dragon; Megadragon
No votes
MM5: Scraps the Dragon Mummy
No votes
MM6: Gold and Red Dragons
55%
MM7: Red Green Blue Dragons
20%
MM8: Young, regular, Crystal, Undead Dragons...
15%

Total votes: 20

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Sep 2009, 20:14

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't bartender in MM9 said that was last of (red) dragons? And from MM7 we know that red dragons were not at the edge of extinction. :P

Yes, I remember rumors about that head is somehow connected with MM6 intro dragon but not detail are known.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Sep 2009, 14:09

GreatEmerald wrote:This is the Might and Magic forum, remember? ;|
I'm not talking about this thread :) You have 4 others with only a few options in some. :devious:
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 05 Oct 2009, 18:40

Avonu wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:Pretty sure there were also blue and green dragons in MM6, and even a black one (the paladin quest boss). And wyrms too, dunno if they count as dragons?
Only red, blue and gold dragons in MM6. Green one were drakes and wyrms but not dragons.
Suleman wrote:The paladin quest boss was definitely red.
Yes
Oh, sorry. My mistake.

@Corlagon:
So why did a dragon fight alongside Kreegans anyway? This always struck me as odd. In the cinematic it seems as though the Kreegans are controlling him (he breaths fire only when the boss kreegan gives the order).
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Oct 2009, 22:15

Nighon and its Red Dragons were allied with the Kreegans in Heroes III. The intro was a few years earlier but it's not infeasible that they struck an alliance from the very beginning ;)

I always assumed the boss Kreegan was Xenofex himself. Can't think of an alternative.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Oct 2009, 23:14

Nighon and Eeofol forged alliance not long before attack on Erathia - 3 years after Night of the Shooting Stars. I remember to seen official info about that somewhere - I will post it later if I find it.
And BTW - Nighon wasn't only place where red dragons live - remeber Dragonsand, Garrote Gorge or Archibald campaign and his conquest of dragon utopias and slavery of dragon king? :P

And about devil in mantle - I don't think main boss has time to fight some minor farmers - I think it was generic Kreegan commander and that's all.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 06 Oct 2009, 16:40

Avonu wrote:Nighon and Eeofol forged alliance not long before attack on Erathia - 3 years after Night of the Shooting Stars. I remember to seen official info about that somewhere
Ah I recall it, you mean this?

http://web.archive.org/web/200102171425 ... reegan.htm

It reads that Nighon subdued the Kreegans in 1163 and then left them to their own devices.

We're both wrong ;)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 08 Oct 2009, 14:33

Corlagon wrote:Nighon and its Red Dragons were allied with the Kreegans in Heroes III. The intro was a few years earlier but it's not infeasible that they struck an alliance from the very beginning ;)
Ohh. That would certainly explain why he's flying over the sea at first..
Corlagon wrote:I always assumed the boss Kreegan was Xenofex himself. Can't think of an alternative.
What would he be doing in Enroth though? I mean, aside from making a booty call with the devil queen... 8|

I haven't played HoMM 2 or 3 for a long, long time... in fact last time I wanted to replay them I couldn't find the discs to either game..
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Oct 2009, 17:16

Macros the Black wrote:What would he be doing in Enroth though?
Didn't he originally live in the Hive, and only later went to Colony Zod?

Return to “Might and Magic”