Alternative to mm6 ???

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
callyc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mm6 conspiracy install

Unread postby callyc » 01 Sep 2009, 18:00

Knew this would happen! I am pretty computer literate, but need help. Have downloaded (as suggested By Grayface D) and I know I have to update to v1.2 from v1, and have installed mm6 10 - 12 exe, how do I check that i am fully patched up before proceeding to install mok's patch (and while I am at it where do I get Mok's patch?)
happy daze,
Callyc

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Sep 2009, 22:26

Basicly, the fixes that weredone, arethe same in the latest patch. Just open your MM folder and open the readme.txt file. See what version it is right now...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

guenthar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby guenthar » 10 Sep 2009, 04:31

Betrayal at Krondor
One of the best crpgs made and is based on the book of the same name by Robert E. Feist the author of the Riftwar series. (which I highly recommend also)

Fallout 1 & 2
Some of the greatest choices and consequence games made.

The Witcher
Another game based on a series of books and has a really good storyline.

Castle of the Winds
If you like really old school games.

SSI Gold box games
Best D&D games ever made

Realms of Arkania
The most complicated character creation system ever.

Ultima Series
Obvious

Daggerfall
I know people already mentioned TES but Daggerfall has so many hidden elements that make the game great and if you have the time to spend on it you will be constantly surprised if you look deeply into the game.

Gothic 2
Unlike some people above me said I think this is the best of the Gothic games and isn't as claustrophobic as Gothic 1.

Hard to be a God
Most people here probably have never heard of it and some that have played it won't think it is a good game. In my opinion it is a great game and has some unique features that have never really shown up to this extent in other rpgs.

Drakensang
Less complicated newer version of the Realms of Arkania series

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodllines
The best crpg ever created and just above the Might and Magic series. Just make sure you use Wesp's unofficial patch that removes the bugs.

Pirates of the Caribbean
It may have the name of the movie and some minor movie elements but it is just a renaming of what was going to be Sea Dogs 2. It is the best 17th century rpg ever and with the build mod is even better. If you like pirates and sailing your own ship in an rpg this is the game for you. You can also try the newer iterations in this series "Age of Pirates" and "City of Abandoned Ships" which are both good also. (make sure to use mods with "Age of Pirates" though.)

There are many other decent to good rpgs out there and it also depends on your taste. You could try the games from Bioware or Obsidian which I consider alright.

PS. koval321: You should play Betrayal at Krondor instead of Betrayal at Antara since Betrayal at Antara is a crappy clone of Betrayal at Krondor.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Sep 2009, 18:25

guenthar wrote:Betrayal at Krondor
One of the best crpgs made and is based on the book of the same name by Robert E. Feist the author of the Riftwar series. (which I highly recommend also)
You know how I can get this game to work on Vista? I've tried a few times since I'm a huge Feist fan and I heard the game is actually pretty good but couldn't get it to work. Seemed like the game was playing way too fast =/
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 10 Nov 2009, 09:59

Before MM i was fan of Ishar and i look for anything like that. Once friend borrow me MM6 and i was confused and honesty, dont like it. But after months i become huge fan. So i think there is LOT of good games around and its just probably question of accept another, different game style.

Already i dont played entire huge rpg series like:
-krynn
-ultima
-wizardry
-final fantasy

Return to “Might and Magic”