GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.4.1 [Sep 20, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

DaveHer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.4.1 [Sep 20, 2019]

Postby DaveHer » Feb 2 2020, 12:21

SpectralDragon wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:Hello again, long time no hear from ya. Just out of curiosity, how is the next version of this absolutely great mod of yours fare? :)

I've been playing and doing stuff for Knytt Stories these past months. Didn't work on patches.

No worries, I kind of gotten out of MM stuff as well, thus I completely understand. Still super glad you´re around. :hug:

Speaking of stuff, I kind of tried to work with MMExtension in order to bring Undead Dragons into the main MM8 as they are in MMMerge (only difference being that they˙re basically Dragons with Lich stats overall ... and changed projectile weapon in Ghost Dragon´s case), voice and all, but I˙m absolutely stumped on that. If you know anything about this sort of thing, can you give me some pointers, like where to start?

Study the following files: Monsters.txt, monlist.txt. These files are in EnglishT.Lod. Also SFT.txt in the tables folder. Voices are found in EnglishD.Lod. Any changes done to these files will affect all ghost dragons. I hope this helps. Grayface may have additional info. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on Feb 2 2020, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Feb 5 2020, 13:10

SpectralDragon wrote:Speaking of stuff, I kind of tried to work with MMExtension in order to bring Undead Dragons into the main MM8 as they are in MMMerge (only difference being that they˙re basically Dragons with Lich stats overall ... and changed projectile weapon in Ghost Dragon´s case), voice and all, but I˙m absolutely stumped on that. If you know anything about this sort of thing, can you give me some pointers, like where to start?

You'll need to carry over Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua from MMMerge. Parts of other scripts may be needed as well.

DaveHer wrote:Study the following files: Monsters.txt, monlist.txt.

Not monsters, characters.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Figo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Figo » Feb 5 2020, 21:04

GrayFace wrote:
Figo wrote:Minimap with wizard eye: Barbarian Fortress, -1 level: there is the blue (magic) niche without anything hidden in it (maybe I've never found a clue?). niche

Image not available anymore.

Sadly I don't have those screenshots anymore. But I've found it in this video YT video around 3:54.

Notogora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Notogora » Feb 7 2020, 0:27

Really nice to see there are still people active with patching MM8.

I'am having problems with consuming potions with this patch installed.
As soon as I try to drink any potion the game crashes instantly.

The game does not crash without the patch.
If no one else is having this issue maybe it is something
I have done to make the patch affect the game in this way?

Any help greatly appreciated :).

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Feb 9 2020, 13:42

Notogora wrote:As soon as I try to drink any potion the game crashes instantly.

Please attach the ErrorLog.txt from game folder. Also, savegame to be sure.
Last edited by GrayFace on Feb 9 2020, 13:56, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Notogora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Notogora » Feb 9 2020, 17:58

Errorlog.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mm5kj ... p_Q0hAfVtP
The third exception and onward seem to be the problem.

One of the save games. I tried out the bug in many save games and started a new game and the crash is 100% consistent for me.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GzPBx ... njWHeUPTwl

Sorry for not being able to attach directly to the post. I could not find out
how to do it.
Last edited by Notogora on Feb 9 2020, 18:06, edited 2 times in total.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Feb 11 2020, 2:22

Does it happen if you disable UILayout? Set it to anything other than "UI" in mm8.ini to disable.

Notogora wrote:Sorry for not being able to attach directly to the post. I could not find out how to do it.

There's no way in the forum, I meant the way you did it.

Notogora
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Notogora » Feb 11 2020, 11:33

After disabling UILayout it no longer crash at all anymore. :D

Although I would really like to use your patch UI layout.

Thanks a lot for the help. :tsup:
Last edited by Notogora on Feb 12 2020, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Postby SpectralDragon » Feb 13 2020, 7:10

GrayFace wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:Speaking of stuff, I kind of tried to work with MMExtension in order to bring Undead Dragons into the main MM8 as they are in MMMerge (only difference being that they˙re basically Dragons with Lich stats overall ... and changed projectile weapon in Ghost Dragon´s case), voice and all, but I˙m absolutely stumped on that. If you know anything about this sort of thing, can you give me some pointers, like where to start?

You'll need to carry over Scripts\Structs\After\RemoveClassLimits.lua from MMMerge. Parts of other scripts may be needed as well.

DaveHer wrote:Study the following files: Monsters.txt, monlist.txt. These files are in EnglishT.Lod. Also SFT.txt in the tables folder. Voices are found in EnglishD.Lod. Any changes done to these files will affect all ghost dragons. I hope this helps. Grayface may have additional info. :).

Not monsters, characters.

Got it, thanks. Boy, now I have even more respect for all mod makers being able to do stuff like this. All respects. :tsup:

No worries, since there are still Ghost Dragon monsters and all, ha ha ha ha ha! :D :D Even though I bet swapping Bone Dragons for those would be easier as long as those scripts you mentioned are in aside RemoveClassLimits.
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”