GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.1 [July 7, 2018]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

GrayFace
Rakshasa
Rakshasa

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.1 [Aug 7, 2018]

Postby GrayFace » Jul 28 2018, 21:45

Xfing wrote:What I'm getting at is that if I'm dual-wielding Snake in the Troll's left hand, my damage should increase by Snake's damage (3d4+12), as it does in the instances where this mechanic works properly. Instead, as I raise the Mace skill, the damage benefit from Snake is getting slowly negated. It should stay consistent, regardless of my Mace skill.

That's a quirk of MM mechanics, not a bug. Basically, only one weapon skill is used in all calculations and for damage/attack it's the 2nd weapon skill. For recovery time it's the one of slower weapon. Strange mechanic, but it can be more interesting than 2nd weapon always being beneficial.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Xfing
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Xfing » Jul 29 2018, 10:00

GrayFace wrote:
Xfing wrote:What I'm getting at is that if I'm dual-wielding Snake in the Troll's left hand, my damage should increase by Snake's damage (3d4+12), as it does in the instances where this mechanic works properly. Instead, as I raise the Mace skill, the damage benefit from Snake is getting slowly negated. It should stay consistent, regardless of my Mace skill.

That's a quirk of MM mechanics, not a bug. Basically, only one weapon skill is used in all calculations and for damage/attack it's the 2nd weapon skill. For recovery time it's the one of slower weapon. Strange mechanic, but it can be more interesting than 2nd weapon always being beneficial.

I suppose so, but then again, dunno - what's the point of the Troll having Master in Sword if he can't synergize between it and the mace at all?

Mortis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Mortis » Jul 29 2018, 12:35

Xfing wrote:
GrayFace wrote:

I suppose so, but then again, dunno - what's the point of the Troll having Master in Sword if he can't synergize between it and the mace at all?

For sword enchantments like vampirism, additional elemental (common swords) or light/dark (glomenthal/elsenrail) damages or special effects like your Snake slow :) . In addition I think that trolls after vampires are only reasonable class for wielding Hades sword in left hand due to his effect of Negative regeneration.

Allester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.1 [July 7, 2018]

Postby Allester » Aug 20 2018, 23:37

Hey GrayFace! Long time

So I used your new updates, and then tried to run M&M8... only for my buttons to no longer work with the mouse AT ALL.

WINDOWED MODE
mm8.ini
[settings]
WIDTH: 1024
HEIGHT: 728

This is my screen settings, but now it seems like the new patch has forced the buttons BACK to their 640x480 positions and becomes unclickable... as well as now I can't click on my normal monitor without it 'clicking' other open apps. Could you look in to this please? It's making the game 100% unplayable in windowed mode and I need to see my twitch chat to keep in touch with my viewers while streaming, LOL! xP

FIXED: Noticed that I need to edit the "WINDOWIDTH=" part and remove "WIDTH" "HEIGHT" from settings!
Last edited by Allester on Aug 20 2018, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

Rodril
Pixie
Pixie

Postby Rodril » Sep 3 2018, 23:40

Hello. I have issue with new patch, but can not find it's reasons at the moment.
There is conditional jump at 0x47f0cd ("ja 0x47f707"), at some moment during map loading it changes to straight jump out of mm8.exe (jmp 0xXXXXXXX), according to stack, patch does this. Problem appears when patch changes jump into it's original form: it does not clear "nop" left after previous change, - "ja" require 6 bytes and in fact it is "ja 0x634", with uncleared nop at 6th byte of command it becomes "ja 0x90000634", what leads to game crash if jump is taken.
I could not reproduce this issue in original mm8 (first change has not happened), in mm678 I've added crutch at the moment. I wonder what happens there, could it be issue in patch or is it my mistake somewhere?

GrayFace
Rakshasa
Rakshasa

Postby GrayFace » Sep 5 2018, 6:04

Thanks, it's my bug, here's the fix: https://github.com/GrayFace/MMExtension ... 6fe1032b79
Last edited by GrayFace on Sep 5 2018, 6:05, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”