GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2010, 00:40

Version 1.4 is released. Got some mouse look.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Apr 2010, 14:06

Well, MM8 already had a kind of mouselook, although it's quite annoying and rarely anyone used it. I'll try it out.

peddroelm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

skill reduces recovery time - Not working

Unread postby peddroelm » 11 Oct 2010, 07:45

I'm using Grayface's patch version 1.4 for mm8. Using its ability to view weapon recovery time everything works as advertised except ... Expert Sword and Expert Axe "skill reduces recovery time" have no effect on recovery time displayed :((.

I went back and checked in a savegame in mm7, my ranger gets 25 recovery bonus from his 25 skill points in axes. In mm7 it works. But in mm8 "skill reduces recovery time" has no effect in my game .

Anybody else encountered this problem ? Like poor minotauts weren't suffering enough already :(.

This affects Knighs very little - GM armsmaster will eventualy push any weapon past max attack speed even without haste.

Default Troll config - single pumped mace skill for palalizes its unaffected as maces don't get/need recovery bonus from skill.

Even Dualing (lvl1 Axe) (lvl 7 M Sword) rest pumped in M Armsmaster its unafected (recovery bonus on sword its not wasted since axe its slower anyway ).

BUT THE POOOR MINOTAUR ? Going Axe GM and pumping Axe skill for the special would have been effective, at least on the end game (cheap dual daggers for early game). But dumping 30 points in Axe for 0 recovery bonus its the final nail ! Is there any way to fix this ?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Re: skill reduces recovery time - Not working

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 May 2011, 22:05

peddroelm wrote:I'm using Grayface's patch version 1.4 for mm8. Using its ability to view weapon recovery time everything works as advertised except ... Expert Sword and Expert Axe "skill reduces recovery time" have no effect on recovery time displayed :((.

I went back and checked in a savegame in mm7, my ranger gets 25 recovery bonus from his 25 skill points in axes. In mm7 it works. But in mm8 "skill reduces recovery time" has no effect in my game .

Anybody else encountered this problem ? Like poor minotauts weren't suffering enough already :(.

This affects Knighs very little - GM armsmaster will eventualy push any weapon past max attack speed even without haste.

Default Troll config - single pumped mace skill for palalizes its unaffected as maces don't get/need recovery bonus from skill.

Even Dualing (lvl1 Axe) (lvl 7 M Sword) rest pumped in M Armsmaster its unafected (recovery bonus on sword its not wasted since axe its slower anyway ).

BUT THE POOOR MINOTAUR ? Going Axe GM and pumping Axe skill for the special would have been effective, at least on the end game (cheap dual daggers for early game). But dumping 30 points in Axe for 0 recovery bonus its the final nail ! Is there any way to fix this ?
I just discovered this myself and was on my way to report the bug.

Grayface, are you still reading this?

Axes (and minotaurs by extension) are really worthless now

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 May 2011, 03:25

I'm very sorry I still haven't released the fix, this bug has been reported about a year ago. All that's left for new version is to update ReadMe.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 May 2011, 21:04

Thanks Grayface, Minotaurs seem to work fine now.

Even better for me since with MM8CHE I allow them to GM the plate skill to make them attack as fast as a Troll of the same level (and only if they reach axe skill 20, that's when axe finally reaches Mace/Spear attack skill). Even then, they'll never be able to match a Spear wielding Knight or Dagger wielding Vampire's attack speed.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 30 May 2011, 02:48

After numerous tests, I found out three things:
1) Elemental ranged attacks are affected by AC (in MM6 and MM7, they weren't)

2) The shield spell doesn't work (for both normal and flaming arrows)

3) the flaming arrow (fired by centaurs and regnan archers) can't be evaded by AC, unlike the normal type

viewtopic.php?t=12042

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 15 Jun 2011, 14:14

Just started playing MM8 again and every time I want to open my inventory of my dark elf (first character) the game crashes. First I thought that it has to do with my promotion but the problem occurs on earlier savestates too.

Once I had a similar problem with MM7 but forgot how to solve it, I think it something with a (code) broken item.
Just wanted to report this.

Edit: I am not sure which version I am using. I will try a new directory with the latest patch.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 15 Jun 2011, 16:44

Er, could you post a problematic saves game?

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 15 Jun 2011, 17:54

Ah, totally forgot about that.

I hope megaupload is ok:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9S0LJFVD

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 30 Jun 2011, 19:19

Ok I was wrong, I just played a bit more and suddenly I was able to access my inventory without getting an error.
I figured it out that the error are the stats. I'm not sure how this could happen, also when I look after it in MM7View it gives me the error "List index out of bounds(%d)".
My second character, however, works fine in MM7, although the values of both in terms of skills, stats, spells... are worng.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Jul 2011, 18:19

You somehow have the quick spell number set to 255 there.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Jul 2011, 15:20

Hi there, everybody. I'm a long-time lurker, but I've finally managed to register (previously the damn verification kept banning my e-mail accounts). I have sent Grayface many suggestions and bugs already, it's good that right now I'll be able to post anything I find on these boards!

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 04 Jul 2011, 15:59

GrayFace wrote:You somehow have the quick spell number set to 255 there.
That really was it... that was not logic but plausable.
Sometimes when I unequip my quick time spell it doesn't go aways but get a completely different spell.
At the beginning of the game my dark elf even casted Armageddon accidentally.

But thank you for your answer :)

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Jul 2011, 16:57

[quote="Konfuzius"At the beginning of the game my dark elf even casted Armageddon accidentally.[/quote]

Daamn, I used to exploit the hell out of that one.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Jul 2011, 11:53

The new version is up. My mouse look setup has also changed.

Note to those who got WIP version of the patch:
Check Data\MouseLookCursor.bmp prior to installing the patch. If it's there, delete it and then install the patch.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Jul 2011, 02:13

Did you fix enchanted weapons "Of Poison" dealing Water damage instead of Body magic damage?

(Tested it by using such a weapon on a water immune monster - dealt no damage, and used it on a body immune monster - dealt damage)

And did you fix Acid Burst dealing Physical damage instead of Water damage? (Bug is the same as in MM7)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jul 2011, 07:51

I haven't fixed these bugs you reported.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 25 Jul 2011, 17:35

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:And did you fix Acid Burst dealing Physical damage instead of Water damage? (Bug is the same as in MM7)
It's a feature, not a bug.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Jul 2011, 16:57

Possibly. Acid is sort of non-magical, but then it's chemical, not physical damage. Would probably be Poison damage in MM6 and Acid damage in MM1, but since there is no such thing in MM7/8...

Return to “Might and Magic”