TCC Patch Issued

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

TCC Patch Issued

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 06 Jun 2009, 15:39

I have posted a patch for The Chaos Conspiracy and posted it on the download site. Simply download the 8M folder, unzip it, and follow the ReadMe directions (The file Games.lod gets place into the DATA folder).

Unfortunately, a component of the posted DATA.ZIP was not the play-tested version. My mistake.

No need to start a new game.

This file corrects the 'crash' in Cavern of the Rogue.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 09 Jun 2009, 11:47

I found one issue. Blaster will not be able to shot at small rat and some spider. Some other creatures as well.

In fact they shoot but do not hit 8|

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 Jun 2009, 13:19

phamlongtuan wrote:I found one issue. Blaster will not be able to shot at small rat and some spider. Some other creatures as well.

In fact they shoot but do not hit 8|
There are no Blasters in this game. In fact, there isn't even a 'blaster' graphic in the database. And the game does not offer the 'blaster' skill at all.

I'm somewhat confused by your input.

If you are talking about the spell "Fire Blast", that works fine, once you learn how to use it. You may have to 'look down' a-bit with your party before casting this spell on low-to-the-ground creatures, just like the original MM6 game.

Please be more specific.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 09 Jun 2009, 17:08

I mean this one .

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Wyarond

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 Jun 2009, 17:33

Phamlongtuan,

I assume you used a character editor to add this weapon and its skill to your party? This weapon is designed to kill one Boss and one Boss only. By the time you get the skill and reach that Boss, there shouldn't be a rat, bat or other low-level similar creature left in Nirmadur.

I'll PM you on this. Too many questions for a post.

BDJ

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 28 Jul 2009, 16:54

Dear BDJ,
I am trying to put this game on a PC in another house that has no internet. I am downloading all the files and putting them on to a USB stick. However, with filefront problems and everything, I am confused as to what to download. I have read the Player Intro file and downloaded everything it specified, but am confused about the patch. Any chance of up-to-date instructions and a link?

Return to “Might and Magic”