The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 11 2009, 12:08

koval321 wrote:
You should probably download the patch that was announced on this site several days ago (June 6). It takes care of the Cavern problem.


I instaled TCCPatch_06_06 (raplace game.lod) but still have the same problem. Is there anything important in cave beside hourglass? Because i will skip this area, and continue playing.

Anyway i was unable to open this FTP site from pdf instuction, so i found mm6 1.2 patch by my own, here: http://users.icnet.net/~klar/Patches/MM6patch.html


No. Just the hourglass.

Thanks for the cross-link for the update patches. Klaravoyia (KLAR) was one of the play testers for this game and appears in the game as Baroness Klaravoyia.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 587
Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Location: Celeste

Postby Sure Valla » Jun 12 2009, 11:23

Fantastic!

User avatar
GrayFace
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1340
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Postby GrayFace » Jun 12 2009, 15:55

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Maybe so. However, what I have found is that most 'utilities' like this simply append the file to the end of the database and change the file 'pointer' to the new location. This is good as far as it goes, but it leaves the original file in-place within the database. So if this is done often, the database just grows, and grows, and grows during game development because of all of the 'orphaned ghost' files that still remain within the database.

Yes, utilities for quick LOD modification make it grow, so the release LOD should be repacked with something like mm8leveleditor.
My patch works differently. It makes the game load certain files directly from "DataFiles" directory. The LODs aren't modified at all. This, of cause, can only be done by patch.
As for quick adding utility, I don't know if I'll make one in nearest future or not.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Feb 2008

Postby kognefaure » Jun 12 2009, 20:54

Just one question, who is the Ranger promoter and where does he live? I've completed three promotions and begun one... this one is missing.

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 12 2009, 23:15

kognefaure wrote:Just one question, who is the Ranger promoter and where does he live? I've completed three promotions and begun one... this one is missing.


There is no Ranger class in TCC (or in MM6). The classes are;

Warrior
Squire
Druid
Priest
Mage
Archer

Which promoter are you looking for?

My 'guess' is that you're looking for Druid. If so, you'll have to find the Baroness Klaravoyia.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 366
Joined: 20 Jan 2008

Postby koval321 » Jun 13 2009, 4:29

Recently i finished dungeon on small islands (where team is afraid)
-when come to last cell room behind skeleton dragons i found gold and nothing else, after read clue message (from new sorpigal castle) i expect here to free person, but probably she is prisoned in other temple, is here any quest item i miss or nothing just gold to win?
-i found few bones on floor which in inventory look like fine crossbow, but i dont take them because dont have space in inventory and not sure they have any purpose, or maybe its bug?
-uh and there was altar with flame of strong, how it should work?

And question from other dungeon, how should work thermos? (cauldron) when click something happend to party, but cant find what changes occur, maybe its random bonus?

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 13 2009, 12:16

koval321 wrote:Recently i finished dungeon on small islands (where team is afraid)
-when come to last cell room behind skeleton dragons i found gold and nothing else, after read clue message (from new sorpigal castle) i expect here to free person, but probably she is prisoned in other temple, is here any quest item i miss or nothing just gold to win?
-i found few bones on floor which in inventory look like fine crossbow, but i dont take them because dont have space in inventory and not sure they have any purpose, or maybe its bug?
-uh and there was altar with flame of strong, how it should work?

And question from other dungeon, how should work thermos? (cauldron) when click something happend to party, but cant find what changes occur, maybe its random bonus?


Read the scroll very carefully. Then go back to the mainland of Kastutia, locate the temple in town, and follow the scroll directions.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Feb 2008

Postby kognefaure » Jun 13 2009, 16:53

Big Daddy Jim wrote:There is no Ranger class in TCC (or in MM6). The classes are;

Warrior
Squire
Druid
Priest
Mage
Archer

Which promoter are you looking for?

My 'guess' is that you're looking for Druid. If so, you'll have to find the Baroness Klaravoyia.

BDJ


Oops, sorry! I was asking for the Archer's promoter. That's the only one missing to me. (where the hell did I see the term 'ranger'?)

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 13 2009, 18:09

kognefaure wrote:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:There is no Ranger class in TCC (or in MM6). The classes are;

Warrior
Squire
Druid
Priest
Mage
Archer

Which promoter are you looking for?

My 'guess' is that you're looking for Druid. If so, you'll have to find the Baroness Klaravoyia.

BDJ




Oops, sorry! I was asking for the Archer's promoter. That's the only one missing to me. (where the hell did I see the term 'ranger'?)


Here's HINT.

You're looking for the Lady Kathryn. She resides in the Citadel. If you have the latest Dynamic files patched into your game, there is a sign pointing to the Citadel in the appropriate map area.



Here's a further hint.

The Seer told you to see two 'leaders' be fore visiting the rest of the lords. One was the Lady K. and the other was Z'ul V. He gave the area where each resided.

If ya need a SPOILER, let me know. Have fun!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Apr 2008

Postby Dess » Jun 13 2009, 23:31

Im really enjoying the mod sofar, just a question/suggestion though:

The Warrior class, is it as bland in damage as the old Knight class its based on? In Vanilla MM6 the Knight was just a health pool and another inventory space. At least with swords it felt that way, until MM7 introduced Armsmaster and made Knight a fun and effective damage dealer too.

If the Warrior = Knight in the mod in this aspect, would it be possible to introduce a kind of armsmaster skill? Perhaps add a damage bonus to the Bodybuilder skill as it already give better boosts to Knights than to Sorcerers.

Anyway good job everyone, thanks for keeping the best games of my youth alive!

User avatar
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 366
Joined: 20 Jan 2008

Postby koval321 » Jun 14 2009, 5:21

Read the scroll very carefully. Then go back to the mainland of Kastutia, locate the temple in town, and follow the scroll directions.


Its because i first travell there on boat, and explore temples on islands where arrived. Ok now i see where it is.

BTW its good idea with alternate dungeon entrances, but i dont remember guardian area with star on floor and candles, its new?

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 14 2009, 13:32

koval321 wrote:
Read the scroll very carefully. Then go back to the mainland of Kastutia, locate the temple in town, and follow the scroll directions.


Its because i first travell there on boat, and explore temples on islands where arrived. Ok now i see where it is.

BTW its good idea with alternate dungeon entrances, but i dont remember guardian area with star on floor and candles, its new?


Mabon's Cave is the old Devil's Outpost.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

TCC Party Composition

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 14 2009, 16:33

One of the play testers has completed the game four times and has posted a message at TELPS MM6 Tavern about suggested starting party composition. You might want to have a look at the post.

http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/mm6tavern.html

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 125
Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Location: Stockholm

Postby Edwardas 3 » Jun 14 2009, 21:21

Dess wrote:Im really enjoying the mod sofar, just a question/suggestion though:

If the Warrior = Knight in the mod in this aspect, would it be possible to introduce a kind of armsmaster skill? Perhaps add a damage bonus to the Bodybuilder skill as it already give better boosts to Knights than to Sorcerers

!


Such thing like introducing skill is impossible for mod because it would require changes in game.exe file which is protected by copy law

User avatar
jeff
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3701
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jeff » Jun 15 2009, 1:10

Dess wrote: The Warrior class, is it as bland in damage as the old Knight class its based on? In Vanilla MM6 the Knight was just a health pool and another inventory space. At least with swords it felt that way, until MM7 introduced Armsmaster and made Knight a fun and effective damage dealer too.

If the Warrior = Knight in the mod in this aspect, would it be possible to introduce a kind of armsmaster skill? Perhaps add a damage bonus to the Bodybuilder skill as it already give better boosts to Knights than to Sorcerers.


I do not understand this continual fascination with the Armsmaster skill and bringing it in to MM6 game engine. We briefly discussed this possibility and it was dismissed. While it is well suited for MM7, it would upset the balance of what many feel was the best of the three game series. Even though some like Grayface have successfully modified the exe file, I and fortunately BDJ felt that to bring in the Armsmaster skill several other changes would be necessary, essentially redoing the entire skill system to rebalance its effect; that much of a change to the exe file was too risky with little to no benefit to the overall game. If you don’t happen to like the Warrior (knight) then don’t use them. I myself don’t use them, I prefer the squire (paladin).
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

User avatar
GrayFace
Devil
Devil
Posts: 1340
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Postby GrayFace » Jun 15 2009, 14:37

It wasn't dismissed at all. As I said, no rebalancing is needed. But I have other things to do with bigger priority.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
jeff
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3701
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby jeff » Jun 15 2009, 17:22

GrayFace wrote:It wasn't dismissed at all. As I said, no rebalancing is needed. But I have other things to do with bigger priority.


As you were not part of the TCC conversation I do not know how you could say we did not dismiss it. As far as your mod is concerned that is your call.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

User avatar
Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord
Posts: 1249
Joined: 05 Sep 2008

Postby Variol » Jun 16 2009, 13:51

I have not been here for some time, so I'm a little out of the loop. I was wondering if the link in the first post is the most up to date mod, or do I have to hunt through the thread for updates/patches?

Also,
Is there some place that explains all of the new classes; like what they can do, equip etc? Are they upgradable? I'm not sure how one could create a party w/o this info?

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 16 2009, 15:23

Variol wrote:I have not been here for some time, so I'm a little out of the loop. I was wondering if the link in the first post is the most up to date mod, or do I have to hunt through the thread for updates/patches?

Also,
Is there some place that explains all of the new classes; like what they can do, equip etc? Are they upgradable? I'm not sure how one could create a party w/o this info?


Go to this link and download TCC Player Intro.pdf.

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim

Follow the instructions in this document.

After you have installed the game, obtain and install Dynamic Files 6_10_09.zip from the download site. It contains the updated Games.lod and ICONS.LOD.

START a NEW Game and you're good to go!

Have fun!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Apr 2008

Postby Dess » Jun 20 2009, 18:11

Just decoded the obelisk messages and went to the location, and I must say: Well played, well played indeed. Now to figure out what to do next!


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests