The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 04 Aug 2009, 01:20

I'd like to check out the .pdf mentioned in the first post, but it's not on the page the link takes me to. Can it be found anywhere else?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Aug 2009, 02:13

According to 2Devents diplomacy expert can be learn in Katan castle and Mayva finishing school. Katan can't be entered without master diplomacy and Mayva school can't be found so far. I checked also NPC dialogs and hints and nothing is specified about how to acquire expert diplomacy.

I am lost.

Mn
Scout
Scout

about diplomacy for access to lords of Nimradur

Unread postby Mn » 04 Aug 2009, 08:59

Expert and master teachers of diplomacy in Mayva(?) school will be reacheble after Seer's hint about mastery rank 8 of diplomacy. It's needed to gain access to other six lords and ladies. Without diplomacy you can speak only with lord Godwinson and (I am not sure) with lady Katryn in Avalon. You must Resquied Tamara, then help Godwinson in his problems, and, possible, do anything else for Seer itself.
Important note - only one party member must be master 8 in diplomacy, others can not to raise this ability. This member will speak with lords. And (not sure) you can reach only rank 7 and with NPC (forgot who increase diplomacy) decide this problem.
I have two questions to masters of the game.
1. Obelisk Treasure - unlimited experience only or smth else?
2. Lemkanen urns - at first gaming I found all exept 3 and at second - all exept 4 (or vice versa). Where are this urns? And I surprised that both Lemkanen wife and mother want to rase this person.
Sorry about my English

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 04 Aug 2009, 11:48

I'm having a little problem in Ched Rhinn. I used the key on the chest there, but it's still locked. Is this a known problem?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 04 Aug 2009, 14:31

2. Lemkanen urns - at first gaming I found all exept 3 and at second - all exept 4 (or vice versa). Where are this urns? And I surprised that both Lemkanen wife and mother want to rase this person.

Pay attention to their speach!
One of them got cruel motivation and other good. This is a double quest - you can gain positive bonus or negative bonus to your reputation due to the choice you made.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 04 Aug 2009, 16:13

Further to the chest:
It looks like you need the key twice. The first time, the trap goes off, but it is still locked. Then you need it again to actually open it. I used the editor to add a second key and it worked.
Might be worth addressing.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Aug 2009, 19:18

vladimir-maestro wrote:2. Lemkanen urns - at first gaming I found all exept 3 and at second - all exept 4 (or vice versa). Where are this urns? And I surprised that both Lemkanen wife and mother want to rase this person.
When I wrote this quest I used the legend as a guideline. His wandering wife basically caused him to charge off. So I proposed to BDJ having two possible paths allowing the mother or the wife to raise him each with a story why they should be allowed to. The rewards and the impact on party reputation would be different. How those rewards were implemented I don't know as that was his programming. Many of the quests I wrote had two possible outcomes; unfortunately game limitations prevented most of them from being used. It was to try and give the game replayability.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 05 Aug 2009, 10:07

Variol wrote:I'm having a little problem in Ched Rhinn. I used the key on the chest there, but it's still locked. Is this a known problem?
I have no such problem. All chests in Ched Rhinn my disarmer (master 7 plus item that increasing chance of disarming) opened without problems and explosions. In one of the chest you find quest bird statue.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Aug 2009, 16:35

Yes, but if you don't have disarm skill, you need two keys.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 Aug 2009, 00:26

I have a terrible bug in Bog of Tuonela: can't save (it says saved but not). As soon as I town portal to other locations it crashes also.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 06 Aug 2009, 07:13

You know, I played it also and nothing happens. Even TP and everything worked as well. :|

Try to enter any dungeon it the Bog and see if you can save there - the only thing that I can suggest now.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 Aug 2009, 07:19

It happened in several places. I have to quit the game to the desktop and reload to get rid of it. Not much of a problem by now, as I always check if saves are working from now.

I found 4 NPC to judge, and I visited ALL taverns, training centers, banks and town halls, except the one in Ellesia which is closed for repairs. Where can be the last one?

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 06 Aug 2009, 09:05

Salamandre wrote:It happened in several places. I have to quit the game to the desktop and reload to get rid of it. Not much of a problem by now, as I always check if saves are working from now.

I found 4 NPC to judge, and I visited ALL taverns, training centers, banks and town halls, except the one in Ellesia which is closed for repairs. Where can be the last one?
1. Port sleiton temple
2. Ellesia training
3. Suttersbay bank
4. Western tavern in Katan (I found this last - you may be too)
5. Avalon - stables or any shop - I forgot

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 06 Aug 2009, 09:19

Variol wrote:Where is the Temple of Chaos located?
If I don't mistaked, it is in (?)Kriegspire, eastern side. In mm6 it was called Temple of Baa. Im not sure - the second possible place is south-western region (Far reaches?) - ie Hermits Isle

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 Aug 2009, 09:45

Can anyone check if the Artemis bow is in right location? I did every single chest into that dungeon and could not find it. Usually BDJ keep the shock locations in dungeons for quest items. So, I was thinking Artemis will be in the chest where old "orders" were. Am I wrong?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Aug 2009, 16:15

I don't know the exact chest but it is there. I have found it there several times.
I think it's in the little hidden room, not where the orders normally are.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Aug 2009, 01:24

I'm in the Fortress of Anarchy and I need the password for the other end of the narrow walkway. I have not been able to figure out the puzzle. I know it used to be JBARD, but it must be different now.
Please spoil me so my solo mage can end this nightmare.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 10 Aug 2009, 11:05

Salamandre wrote: A small note: in Seigon you are told by several NPC that the air expert is south from Seigon ministeries. Actually such building does not exist, I checked in LOD. And the air expert is in Sorpigal, accessible only by fly, without any hint, except the ones I got by reading this thread.
I speak about Expert Air ihn the othe forum (because of me little practice)
I reply for you and others - Sutters Bay Air expert is REACHEBLE from earth without fly and jump. You can see his room throw horisontall wall (floor?) from any of south-eastern places. It is minor bug of mm6 itself and it work well in TCC. So you can (or even must) give air expert at first level party. Second air expert lives above castle Birka - you not need him. Book of Shield (very useful against archers) you find in one of dungeons in Suttersbay. And (I reloaded any times) in Ellesia yot you can by the book of Wizard Eye. Also You don't need in ane scrolls of fly - One Windmaster can be hired near of north-eastern exit from underground and second one lived in Abdul's oasis in (?)DragonSand - with two possible gatemasters (one in Port Sleiton, second in stables of Jorsborg(?) (Snowlands) you ALWAYS cah hire one of them and forget about fly scrolls. After second promoution of adepts your mages/archers will become Masters of Air (Mystic Isles) and you at last will can by books in Port Sleiton Elemental Shops. (I gained master of Light and Master of Water ranks early than Master of Air it's very simplified Game at first stages)

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ched Drinn

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 15 Aug 2009, 13:12

Hello:
Can anyone tell me where the keys to the locked chest in Ched Drinn are? I must have missed something.
thanks,
dhalgren17

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: Ched Drinn

Unread postby Mn » 17 Aug 2009, 06:31

dhalgren17 wrote:Hello:
Can anyone tell me where the keys to the locked chest in Ched Drinn are? I must have missed something.
thanks,
dhalgren17
One key is in southern-east little room, the second is in the western (from exix) rectangle room with two chests in it. Both keys are dropped from guardians. This chest is no concern main story line.

Return to “Might and Magic”