The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 14:56

Variol wrote:I need some help with the "judgment" quest. I have found some, but not all of the people. Are they all in Inns or Taverns?
Look in your Quest Log and then let me know which of the five 'sinners' you have found. Then let me know which you still need to find.

HINT (in white)

All of these people may be found in a 'public' place, so you don't have to search every house.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 15:03

Dracodile wrote:Things with reload spawns are worse than i thought: after some time there will be no reload spawns and no spawns at all (for one location, i think). There is spawn limit for each location (or even for the entire game?). There would be no spawns than this limit is reached. In Ellesia, for example, there will be no ambush than you step into the teleporter. So this is serious bug: quest monster cannot appear after any event, if this limit is reached.
The respawn rate and just what gets respawned, is determined by the mode you selected at the beginning of the game. In MMF mode, you will forever be fighting creatures every time you enter/re-enter most areas and many dungeons.

If anyone is planning on starting a new game and selecting MMF mode, wait for a couple of weeks until the final game is posted. I have just completed a game in MMF mode and have made several 'tweaks' for challenge and adventure. It is possible to complete the game in MMF mode, but, towards the end of the game, it gets **very** difficult (without 'cheating' with a game editor) and you'd better be a master at MM strategy!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jul 2009, 15:10

Where do I find the Quest log BDJ? I know where to find the "Quests", by hitting "Q", but I do not know here to find the other. I think I only have 1 left to find.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 15:42

Variol wrote:Where do I find the Quest log BDJ? I know where to find the "Quests", by hitting "Q", but I do not know here to find the other. I think I only have 1 left to find.
When you look at your Quests, you will find a list of five 'sinners' that you must find and judge. Which one of these are you still looking for?

BDJ

Dracodile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracodile » 02 Jul 2009, 15:52

The respawn rate and just what gets respawned, is determined by the mode you selected at the beginning of the game. In MMF mode, you will forever be fighting creatures every time you enter/re-enter most areas and many dungeons.
There are 3 strange things with spawns:
1. Monsters appear than you reload. Loading game works like entering area. (There is enother strange thing with the same reason. If you enter Lunatic Vault and load save where you are out of that dugeon, your party would become insane)
2. If you see the place, where monsters must appear, they will not spawn there.
3. After all monsters spawned in Ellesia, i went through telepoter and was suprised: there were no bad guys surrounding me. Is it normal for the for warrior level? ;|

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 02 Jul 2009, 16:33

I finished The Chaos Conspiracy on Adventurer mode this Monday. Hum... I would happily upload the winning screen if I knew a website that accepts PCX files ;| I will try that tomorrow.

Big thanks to the development team. I hope other surprises are reserved for the final release :)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 16:43

kognefaure wrote:I finished The Chaos Conspiracy on Adventurer mode this Monday. Hum... I would happily upload the winning screen if I knew a website that accepts PCX files ;| I will try that tomorrow.

Big thanks to the development team. I hope other surprises are reserved for the final release :)
Congratulations!!!

You're the first player on the Celestial Heavens site to complete the game!

You might have to convert the PCX file to a JPG in order to post the Winning Screen. That's what I have done.

BDJ

PS. If ya want more 'surprises', try playing the MMF mode in about two weeks.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 17:23

Dracodile wrote: There are 3 strange things with spawns:
1. Monsters appear than you reload. Loading game works like entering area. (There is enother strange thing with the same reason. If you enter Lunatic Vault and load save where you are out of that dugeon, your party would become insane)
Loading a game does cause a respawn, if that is the area programming. So it's normal.
Dracodile wrote:2. If you see the place, where monsters must appear, they will not spawn there.
That is true. It's how the game engine works.
Dracodile wrote:3. After all monsters spawned in Ellesia, i went through telepoter and was suprised: there were no bad guys surrounding me. Is it normal for the for warrior level? ;|
No, this should not happen. I'll look into it.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jul 2009, 20:00

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Variol wrote:Where do I find the Quest log BDJ? I know where to find the "Quests", by hitting "Q", but I do not know here to find the other. I think I only have 1 left to find.
When you look at your Quests, you will find a list of five 'sinners' that you must find and judge. Which one of these are you still looking for?

BDJ
I can't remember which of of the 5 I have already judged. I have gone to all the temples, taverns, and shops I can think of, but I'm still missing one. Could you just tell me the 5 locations?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 23:39

Variol wrote:
I can't remember which of of the 5 I have already judged. I have gone to all the temples, taverns, and shops I can think of, but I'm still missing one. Could you just tell me the 5 locations?
Have you checked the Training Halls, Armor and Weapons Shops, et al? I'd start looking at these. After all, they are public places.

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Jul 2009, 23:53

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Dracodile wrote:3. After all monsters spawned in Ellesia, i went through telepoter and was suprised: there were no bad guys surrounding me. Is it normal for the for warrior level? ;|
No, this should not happen. I'll look into it.

BDJ
After looking into this issue, I have no problem with these spawns if I am using a game patched with MOKs Patch. However, I do have problems with many spawns using a game that is patched with the Grayface patch. I'll have to take a closer look at this later next week.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jul 2009, 23:59

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Variol wrote:
Have you checked the Training Halls, Armor and Weapons Shops, et al? I'd start looking at these. After all, they are public places.

BDJ
Yes, by shops, I meant training facilities as well. You can PM me the locations, if you prefer.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 03 Jul 2009, 02:43

This is simple palete armor of 3rd grade O.o
It already was in TCC inventory add-on...but it s uncomplete yet.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 03 Jul 2009, 02:45

Big Daddy Jim wrote:

BDJ
@ Variol: If you still need to find the five 'sinners' I can send you a private message with their locations. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Jul 2009, 09:54

Thanks HP.
BDJ did the same!

To the development team:
As Maestro mentioned, there are some spelling and grammatical errors in the Quest texts. If you like, I would be happy to go through all of these and correct them.

I would also like to suggest that for the Pilgrimage Quests, that the Monk also gives the location of the Shrine, as well as what the benefit is. Otherwise, you really have to go to every region to find the right one. Even if you write it all down, it's still a lot of time wasted, for a fairly minor thing that should really be done as an aside to your quests.

Many of the new Monsters look excellent!
The Witches look great and have a great effect when they die. The Norse men and Berzerkers look excellent too! The Orcs are very cool; specially the tall Orc Archers. It's disappointing now when I go to a new area and see the same old boring monsters there. Hopefully, we'll see more in the future?!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 03 Jul 2009, 12:35

Ofcouse you will! Old monsters now just a placeholder for the future.
It will be more goofy if there will be a "swordsman" but in TCC he will called as a "Harpy" :)

So if you see old MM6 monster thats only meens that this monster fits well in TCC concept but will be changes soon.
If you see monster from MM7 MM8 - that meens that noone old MM6 monsters fits TCC and Jim replaced them to better fitting types from other MM...but they will be raplaced too.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 03 Jul 2009, 19:40

Here is my winning screen.

SimoFantastic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SimoFantastic » 04 Jul 2009, 04:05

Just finished The Chaos Conspiracy in MMF mode :D
That was real fun, i've just been glued to the screen for the last few days ;|

Thanks TCC team for making this mod, much appriciated ;)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 04 Jul 2009, 04:07

Oooh, you guys are great. Now I know who to ask questions when I get stuck. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 04 Jul 2009, 09:16

I am also stuck on the 4 question of the Danu quest. I was able to answer the first 3 questions....but when it asks for the 3rd word ( the 4 th question)
I am at loss for the correct answer. The obvious one or some combinations are not working either.......can someone PM me please ? ;|

Return to “Might and Magic”