The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 21 Feb 2011, 06:30

Ok.... So how should I download the legendary heros file???? Can you please be more specific?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Feb 2011, 10:14

the beavers1 wrote:Ok.... So how should I download the legendary heros file???? Can you please be more specific?
1) use any internet downloader - flashget, download master etc - they will see 7Z file format and download it.
2) right clic on the link -> save file as... -> choose a folder and save file manually.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 26 Feb 2011, 18:16

vladimir-maestro wrote:
the beavers1 wrote:Ok.... So how should I download the legendary heros file???? Can you please be more specific?
1) use any internet downloader - flashget, download master etc - they will see 7Z file format and download it.
2) right clic on the link -> save file as... -> choose a folder and save file manually.
Thanks!
P.S. I have beat part one and I have to say.... Great Job!!!! there were still a few bugs and glitches in the game but nothing too serious and overall I loved it (=

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 10 Mar 2011, 15:51

Yesterday I've installed the first part of this mod and I want to thank very much everyone of the team that made this wonderful mod possible!!!
It's incredible that after 13 years since the release of MM6 I can play a new and fresh game in the same style and with the same mechanics!! And furthermore it's so big and developed!
Googling I've even found a post about it on a chinese site! :-D

I would like also to ask some questions:
1) is it intended to start in Kat'an and clear first this area? Or shall I go to Sutter's bay or Ellesia? Because the shops in that area have gear that isn't first level, so it's more expensive and hard to get and there aren't many skill teachers. When I'll go to Sutter's bay there won't be anything interesting in the shops.

2) I'm trying to get as NPCs a Teacher and an Instructor to get max exp, but I can't find any instructor in Kat'an. Did you make the NPCs of each area different?

3) I've chosen the warrior difficulty and I'm clearing Kat'an's area, I've got to the cavern protected by a huge troll called The Guardian. It's very tough to fight with a team at level 4. Am I supposed to face him later and go somewhere easier?

4) I remember that I've found somewhere a full walkthrough of your mod but I can't find it anymore. I don't want to spoil myself the story, but I would like to have it since I'm collecting all the useful material concerning the MM saga. Does someone know anything about it?
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 Mar 2011, 21:08

unknownone wrote: I would like also to ask some questions:
1) is it intended to start in Kat'an and clear first this area? Or shall I go to Sutter's bay or Ellesia? Because the shops in that area have gear that isn't first level, so it's more expensive and hard to get and there aren't many skill teachers. When I'll go to Sutter's bay there won't be anything interesting in the shops.
You will find that your main 'guide' through TCC Part 1 adventure is The Seer. If you follow his advice and directions, you will sequence through the game with 'balanced' difficulty.

The Seer's first advice and your first quest is to find Tamara. Buy your bows and go to Ellesia and see what you can discover. Pay attention to the dialogs and any notes/scrolls you might obtain and you'll eventually find her.

Of course you can chose to wander about the game as you please, but you'll never be able to complete it without The Seer.

Good Luck.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 10 Mar 2011, 23:24

Thank you very much for your tip. One of the best aspects of Might and Magic is that you are free to do whatever you like :)

Concerning my second question about NPCs do I have to search a little bit more or do more reloads to find an instructor (+15%exp)?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Mar 2011, 01:42

Instructors are forbidden to hire. This is probably because in part 2 you'll meet a very special NPC whos profession is in fact instructor :)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 11 Mar 2011, 07:45

GrayFace wrote:Instructors are forbidden to hire. This is probably because in part 2 you'll meet a very special NPC whos profession is in fact instructor :)
Thank you! I won't search for one anymore, and I'll enjoy playing further this mod!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Mar 2011, 14:44

Sadly I was alerted that I'm stepping over my 'alloted' bandwith limit for mm.ablaton.com so I, for now, disabled the site.

Hopefully I will reopen it somewhere else later.

But for now, it's down. :(
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Movalon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Need a help.

Unread postby Movalon » 20 Mar 2011, 19:53

Hey there! I've been playing MM The Chaos Conspiracy for a couple of months now, as a big fan of that whole game seria I decided to go on Freakest Mofo mode :D As for now I've completed part one and started the part two, and now I feel like I completly lost. Sadly, I couldn't find any walkthrough either. I got to Land's Gateway (this is a second area of part two) I've killed all of the mobs(all those dragonflys) and I just see nothing how to go next, the only things I can interact with is a talking rock that cracks coco nuts for some food and an altar that does nothing. :|

Please throw me a tip guys. :(

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 20 Mar 2011, 21:58

Oh man...I chose the easy difficulty, and I can't defeat those dragonflies at all! Part 2 certainly is tough!

If you remember your travels through The Void, you will have picked up the following clues:

====SPOILER ALERT====

Void Message #1: You must first find the Rock of Translation.

Void Message #2: It is in the middle of the Black Diamond of Ash.

Void Message #3: The Black Diamond of Ash lies in the Uncharted Seas.

Void Message #4: Once you touch the Rock of Translation you will then begin to understand.

I haven't gone back to this game in awhile, but I remember I reached the location of the Black Diamond of Ash. It is in a land inhabited by many sea serpents, so it's difficult to navigate (well they all are difficult for my party!) The Black Diamond of Ash lies beyond the waterfall...

Good luck!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Mar 2011, 22:05

... and after you touch the Rock of Translation, return to Lands Gateway and talk to Lenny.

... and for what it is worth, the difficulty of Part 2 is the same regardless of what you chose in Part 1.

BDJ

Mod note: Don't scream. GC
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 20 Mar 2011, 22:17

Big Daddy Jim wrote:... and for what it is worth, the difficulty of Part 2 is the same regardless of what you chose in Part 1.
The monsters are certainly much harder. The drawback is that once you leave Nimradur, there is no way to level up your characters. I'm thinking my characters weren't quite ready to enter the Void.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 21 Mar 2011, 17:14

MMXAlamar wrote: The monsters are certainly much harder. The drawback is that once you leave Nimradur, there is no way to level up your characters. I'm thinking my characters weren't quite ready to enter the Void.
At Level 130 or so (achieved from Part 1), the monsters have to be a-bit more difficult. However, you don't have to normally clear an area. Sometimes, the best way through Part2 is to explore while avoiding most encounters (re; run! or if you can, fly away).

And yes, there is one place to level-up your party, and one place to get the gold for the this. You'll discover where later in the game.

BDJ

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 21 Mar 2011, 22:07

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
MMXAlamar wrote:And yes, there is one place to level-up your party, and one place to get the gold for the this. You'll discover where later in the game.

BDJ

Uh oh! I wish I knew that before spring break! :D

Btw, did a mod yell at you? I've had a similar experience here with unfriendly mods.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 21 Mar 2011, 22:10

Oh...I see your text is changed BDJ.

It's a shame that CH mods are so authoritarian...let a man use the font size options, it's built into the forum damnit!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 22 Mar 2011, 11:43

MMXAlamar wrote:Oh...I see your text is changed BDJ.

It's a shame that CH mods are so authoritarian...let a man use the font size options, it's built into the forum damnit!
Oh well, I guess that life happens sometimes! When one is visually impaired (having lost 77%+ of sight), larger fonts help to see the post in Preview Mode before submitting it. Oh well, so much for considering the handicapped.

At my age, one becomes extremely intolerant of ignorance, particularly the Thought Police in their many forms. That's why, once the Administrator of this site tells me how I can delete my CH account, I'll simply disappear from this forum.

Best wishes to the MM Community.

Farewell and Adou.

BDJ

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Mar 2011, 23:15

Jim

I understand your anger and I was aware of why you use such large text. You have in fact stated this was why you used large font in another post. With the recent changeover of site responsibilities I hope this was just an oversight by an over eager mod. I seriously doubt it was an intentional insult. If I thought it was in fact an intentional insensitive act and they refuse to make an accommodation for your affliction I would follow you out the door.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Mar 2011, 00:04

I for one had no idea you had an eyesight impediment, and I have been here - like, forever. Since GC is a good guy, I assume he may also have been unaware.

So, no harm, no foul. All friends? :handshake:

Hey, here's an idea - how about putting something about it in your signature? :creative:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Mar 2011, 06:50

Big Daddy Jim wrote: Oh well, I guess that life happens sometimes! When one is visually impaired (having lost 77%+ of sight), larger fonts help to see the post in Preview Mode before submitting it. Oh well, so much for considering the handicapped.
BDJ
My apologies; I truly had no idea that you were doing it because you had trouble with your eyesight. If I had known, I would not have edited your text. I hope you can reconsider your decision.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Might and Magic”