The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
zalunaya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zalunaya » 11 Jan 2011, 17:13

dogthenine wrote:How do I get this game? I could not find anything at the link provided on the first page.

Here, I think:
http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

dogthenine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dogthenine » 11 Jan 2011, 17:22

zalunaya wrote:
dogthenine wrote:How do I get this game? I could not find anything at the link provided on the first page.

Here, I think:
Thank You :)

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 11 Jan 2011, 17:24

BDJ - make your signature with a link on MODs =)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Jan 2011, 17:57

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Only a year? It seems much longer than that. Yeah, the Team definitely worked our buns off getting the game ready for prime time. BDJ
Actually it was two, :embarrased: man time does fly.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Bell

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 11 Jan 2011, 22:57

GenocideMachine wrote:Does anyone know where the Bell of Summoning is? This dungeon is driving me insane, and I pray that the quest log telling me that I have to cleanse the temple is not true and I can just get away with finding the bell. It's *brutal* in there! I'm pretty much perma-cursed, and using spells is a major hassle. I, as far as I can tell, have searched the dungeon extensively for hours, but I can't find it no matter what. Does anyone have a screenshot of the location on the map, or something?
It's at Location 6.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Bell 2

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 12 Jan 2011, 12:37

And here ...

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 12 Jan 2011, 18:07

vladimir-maestro wrote:BDJ - make your signature with a link on MODs =)
Maestro,

Great suggestion!

Done!

BDJ

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Jan 2011, 08:13

The download site also doesn't contain the Legendary Heroes addon:
http://www.mmgames.ru/index.php?option= ... 90&lang=en
Also, I don't remember if the Legendary Heroes contain modified exe that fixes ending video problem: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... ects=0&d=1
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 01 Feb 2011, 14:58

Wow, good thing you guys have this thread as a sort of FAQ.

Speaking of the "Bell of Summoning", I accidentally stumbled upon it thinking it could be the Crystal of Mana. The Temple of Tranquility is right next to the sewers, so now the only place I have left to search is the Outpost to the south. I hadn't done any of the promotion quests yet, other than the basic ones given by Godwinson and Z'ul.

I recommend adding a feature where, after you clear Jorgsborg for Lord Godwinson, the Seer sends you a message asking you to return to him. If that had happened, it would have saved me about a week in real time of wandering aimlessly all over Nimradur.

Good thing I had just cleared out the Garrison (formerly Agar's Lab) right before I went back to the Seer and Godwinson again :D

This game is AWESOME!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 01 Feb 2011, 23:45

MMXAlamar wrote: I recommend adding a feature where, after you clear Jorgsborg for Lord Godwinson, the Seer sends you a message asking you to return to him. If that had happened, it would have saved me about a week in real time of wandering aimlessly all over Nimradur.
Actually, when your party first received the Quest to see Lord Godwnson, The Seer directed you to return to him when you were finished.

"[Tamara relates the rumors to The Seer] Unfortunately Tamara, they’re more than just rumors. Several months ago, unnatural and foul creatures began to appear in Demonclaw. At first their numbers were small and they preyed on helpless merchants and unsuspecting travelers. But their numbers multiplied, and they became strong, and they laid waste to the land, driving the people into hiding. The retinue of Lord Godwinson they defeated and drove all to the safety of the castle walls. Castle Birka is now under siege!

You must, with all haste, travel to the Demonclaw, break through the besieging forces, and gain audience with Lord Godwinson. Here, take this letter of introduction as your ‘bona fide’. See what you can do to assist the troubled lord. Return to me when you are done.

Tamara, please remain here. I have something else in mind for you."

You must have missed The Seer's directions somehow??
MMXAlamar wrote:This game is AWESOME!
The entire TCC Team is glad that you are enjoying Part 1 of this game!

BDJ

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 02 Feb 2011, 01:06

Thanks BDJ, I think I just forgot about it because there was so much else to do in that part of the continent around Port Sleighon. Also the Seer isn't exactly in the most accessible location; I barely visited him when I first played MM6. At least until I could set a beacon there.

Btw are you doing any work on MMX? Considering your project completed so far, you have a lot of talent to offer.

~A

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

MMX????

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 Feb 2011, 20:40

MMXAlamar wrote: Btw are you doing any work on MMX? Considering your project completed so far, you have a lot of talent to offer.

~A
Well, I may be a-bit confused here. I am providing some technical assistance, advice, and custom tutorials to Vector on the MM10 "Children of the Void" project. Don't know anything about MMX, though, unless it's the same project.

BDJ

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Re: MMX????

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 02 Feb 2011, 21:07

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Well, I may be a-bit confused here. I am providing some technical assistance, advice, and custom tutorials to Vector on the MM10 "Children of the Void" project. Don't know anything about MMX, though, unless it's the same project.

BDJ
Yes, MM10 and MMX are the same project. Communication between members of the project is not great; the name was changed from Children of the Void to the Anduran Saga last year, but neither of the former websites have been updated to show it.

How long has it been since you've heard from Vector? The last time I talked with him, he told me he just got laid off and had to find a new job. According to Cepheus, he was responsible for at least 90% of the project's activity. With Vector indisposed, I'm trying to step up and get a team together to continue working on the project.

It would be great if you could lend an extra hand BDJ. Any assistance, no matter how insignificant, would be a gem right now.

~A

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 03 Feb 2011, 16:07

MMXAlamar wrote: How long has it been since you've heard from Vector? The last time I talked with him, he told me he just got laid off and had to find a new job. According to Cepheus, he was responsible for at least 90% of the project's activity. With Vector indisposed, I'm trying to step up and get a team together to continue working on the project.

It would be great if you could lend an extra hand BDJ. Any assistance, no matter how insignificant, would be a gem right now.

~A
I heard from Vector in mid-January. Nothing since.

As far as 'getting a team together'. the project has been on-going for at least 3+ years now. If the team isn't already in-place, I don't hold much hope for the game ever being completed.

I am already assisting Vector in developing the Overland maps. I'm just providing the C Programs and some tutorials. He (or you?) has got to get the team together to do the work.

Join in the development? Not at the present time. If you can generate a sound project plan, including main quest story sequence, main and ancillary quest lists (including quest-specific items and rewards), overland and dungeon specifics (including maps, creatures friendly and hostile, and party-level of encounters), task assignments and details, and milestone deadlines, I'd certainly consider 'joining' the team. But the way things are currently going with the project, it appears that none of these project goals has been defined or generated. Without these items (and more), I wouldn't waste my time on any project.

BDJ

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Feb 2011, 16:33

Yeah, I haven't heard from Vector in quite some time. I really hope he's safe and sound, not least because he holds all the project's .lod archives and data.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Feb 2011, 21:14

Big Daddy Jim wrote:

If you can generate a sound project plan, including main quest story sequence, main and ancillary quest lists (including quest-specific items and rewards), overland and dungeon specifics (including maps, creatures friendly and hostile, and party-level of encounters), task assignments and details, and milestone deadlines,

BDJ
I agree completely with what BDJ said, the most satisfying aspects of working with him was knowing the project was going to be finished. He set hard deadlines that many may find annoying but I found absolutely necessary. We had to have our part done when he said or he moved on without it; he did not tolerate late. It cost us the participation of one of the original members, but overall the project benefited from this type of leadership and more importantly it was released. There are far too many fan projects that never finish because they do not set firm deadlines. It is the reason I would work with him again, but would be cautious about working with anyone else.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 04 Feb 2011, 04:29

Big Daddy Jim wrote:As far as 'getting a team together'. the project has been on-going for at least 3+ years now. If the team isn't already in-place, I don't hold much hope for the game ever being completed.

I am already assisting Vector in developing the Overland maps. I'm just providing the C Programs and some tutorials. He (or you?) has got to get the team together to do the work.
BDJ, I totally agree with you about needing a team assembled if we ever want this project finished, but don't underestimate the power of new team members. This project will live. Out of the very few visitors to the MM10 forums, I received a request yesterday to help the project from someone who thought the project was gone and wanted to see it return. I think that a few core team members will allow us to attract more people to continue our progress, not to mention help us spread the workload. All we need to do is have a few people spending some of their free time working on the game and active on the forums. Put up some help wanted signs, and new contributors will show up.
Big Daddy Jim wrote:Join in the development? Not at the present time. If you can generate a sound project plan, including main quest story sequence, main and ancillary quest lists (including quest-specific items and rewards), overland and dungeon specifics (including maps, creatures friendly and hostile, and party-level of encounters), task assignments and details, and milestone deadlines, I'd certainly consider 'joining' the team. But the way things are currently going with the project, it appears that none of these project goals has been defined or generated. Without these items (and more), I wouldn't waste my time on any project.

BDJ[/size]
For you, since you have done such amazing work on MMTCC, I think it would be totally worth generating a project plan. I'm a business major in college right now, and I am absolutely willing to spend some time and make an excellent project plan. I know I can, but I'll have to get the files of already completed work from Cepheus so I can figure out what exactly needs to be done.
jeff wrote:I agree completely with what BDJ said, the most satisfying aspects of working with him was knowing the project was going to be finished. He set hard deadlines that many may find annoying but I found absolutely necessary. We had to have our part done when he said or he moved on without it; he did not tolerate late. It cost us the participation of one of the original members, but overall the project benefited from this type of leadership and more importantly it was released. There are far too many fan projects that never finish because they do not set firm deadlines. It is the reason I would work with him again, but would be cautious about working with anyone else.
Jeff, I would love to see that kind of leadership back in the MMX Project! I hope Vector eventually returns to help finish what he started too. Right now though, if any of us wants to see any progress done, we have to pull MMX out of its rut of inactivity.

By all of you simply posting here and discussing MMX, we have made great step of progress since last year.

Thanks guys! :D
~A

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 14 Feb 2011, 02:51

Ok I'd like to report something annoying that happens near the end of the game.

~~~Spoiler Alert~~~

Before entering the Void, I unlocked the door and was contacted by the Seer. When it got to the message "Save your Game" I decided to exit out of the window because I wanted to go level up my characters then save. When I exited out of my window, I noticed that all four keys were gone and the door to the Void was still locked.

Of course...I could probably get the keys back from the Seer...but it would be much better if they either just stayed in your inventory, or the door was permanently unlocked.

Btw, in the Drow Hive there were lots of monsters that got stuck in the walls. The Twisters were the most annoying ones :P

Can't wait for part 2, I'll take some screenshots :D

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 20 Feb 2011, 00:10

hey, is there an artifact limit in TCC? I would really like to know (=
P.S. Is the legendary hero's patch real? I wen to the site and clicked on the link but all it does is open up a new tab with a page full of strange text-coding. Am I supposed to copy it, paste it into a .txt document and change the format? Please tell me!
-Thanks!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Feb 2011, 15:07

the beavers1 wrote:hey, is there an artifact limit in TCC? I would really like to know (=
P.S. Is the legendary hero's patch real? I wen to the site and clicked on the link but all it does is open up a new tab with a page full of strange text-coding. Am I supposed to copy it, paste it into a .txt document and change the format? Please tell me!
-Thanks!
there is a limit as ordinary MM6. it means that you got limited chances to get of 15 (or i could be wrong) artifacts from dragons...but there are some static artifacts that are already generated and this limit do not work on it.

"legendary heroes" is a real patch but it uses "7-zip" archive like many files on MMG. almos none browser support that format and MMG site recomending usage of internet downloaders...or just Rclic + save file as...
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Return to “Might and Magic”