The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 14 Jan 2010, 21:37

vladimir-maestro wrote:what's wrong with the file sequence?
they are:
1) tcc logo
2) presents
3) staff team
---
and when game begins there is a button "intro" and there we've got intro movie.
---
and final video will be 1 single film instead of 3 videos. 2 videos will be 1 framed-empty ones.
---
but if you wish - i can cut whole ending video onto 3 small pieces. in that case 2 of 3 videos are ready (only sound need to be done).
so, what was wrong?
That sequence is the problem. If you track the original MM6 game, the Intro Button provided the Credits, and the three beginning game videos provide, not the credits, but the game-related videos.

So the official release will stands as-is, in keeping with the original MM6 display sequences (Intro Button is Credits and beginning-of-game videos include the book/narration). If any changes should be made it is to re-label the Intro Button to Credits.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 14 Jan 2010, 21:39

Mn wrote:
As free user, I have don't obtainet patch (error or try times?) It's nesseerary or i'm waiting the final rerlize?
Mn,

I'd wait for the updated ANIMS.zip file which should include the final end-of-game sequence. Can't give ya a date on this, though.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby mkienenb » 15 Jan 2010, 02:45

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
That sequence is the problem. If you track the original MM6 game, the Intro Button provided the Credits, and the three beginning game videos provide, not the credits, but the game-related videos.

So the official release will stands as-is, in keeping with the original MM6 display sequences (Intro Button is Credits and beginning-of-game videos include the book/narration). If any changes should be made it is to re-label the Intro Button to Credits.
BDJ

Just admit it. It's a bug :)

Just because it was a bug in MM6 doesn't make it any less a bug now :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jan 2010, 06:32

I think it would be best to show intro when a new game starts and show Credits when Credits button is clicked.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jan 2010, 12:06

Is it Time to come in out of The Light?

And yes, Torch Light has already been cast!

BDJ
Last edited by Big Daddy Jim on 15 Jan 2010, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jan 2010, 12:09

GrayFace wrote:I think it would be best to show intro when a new game starts and show Credits when Credits button is clicked.
I agree. The problem is that the MM6 interface design team did not include a Credit Button. Instead they named it the Intro Button.

And that is where the Credits will be placed in the official release.

BDJ

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jan 2010, 12:50

Strange. In my version it's called Credits. And I forgot MM6 doesn't have a command to show movies.

I hope the whole dungeon won't be as dark as that...
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 15 Jan 2010, 12:51

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Is it Time to come in out of The Light?

And yes, Torch Light has already been cast!

BDJ
oh dear that will be interesting to explore...i hope my characters are good enough for part 2 8|

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jan 2010, 13:32

cortisan wrote: oh dear that will be interesting to explore...i hope my characters are good enough for part 2 8|
Not to worry. If you entered Part 2 with a Level 130 party, you should be between Level 160 and Level 180 by the time you reach here ... If you reach here.

Good luck!

BDJ

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 15 Jan 2010, 13:35

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
cortisan wrote: oh dear that will be interesting to explore...i hope my characters are good enough for part 2 8|
Not to worry. If you entered Part 2 with a Level 130 party, you should be between Level 160 and Level 180 by the time you reach here ... If you reach here.

Good luck!

BDJ
I think i am about level 130 thankfully, thanks I am very keen for part 2! Also thanks for all the work you have done, it's a really impressive mod!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jan 2010, 14:22

GrayFace wrote: I hope the whole dungeon won't be as dark as that...
Actually, this is as light as the dungeon gets. In those areas that don't have any torches, it is pitch black!

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jan 2010, 22:36

GrayFace wrote:Strange. In my version it's called Credits. And I forgot MM6 doesn't have a command to show movies.
Grayface,

You're right about the MM6 original having the Credits Button. My apologies to the community for my misleading statement. I guess Vladamir changed that name early on in the project. Thanks for this info.

And yes, MM6 does have a command to launch an SMK movie sequence. It's a simple Identify2DEvent. That's how the end-game sequence is launched.

BDJ

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Jan 2010, 00:20

Big Daddy Jim wrote:And yes, MM6 does have a command to launch an SMK movie sequence. It's a simple Identify2DEvent. That's how the end-game sequence is launched.
Yes, it can launch the end-game sequence, but not any other movie.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 16 Jan 2010, 13:01

GrayFace wrote:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:And yes, MM6 does have a command to launch an SMK movie sequence. It's a simple Identify2DEvent. That's how the end-game sequence is launched.
Yes, it can launch the end-game sequence, but not any other movie.
You're right.

BDJ

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Jan 2010, 12:19

Good news!!!
Ending video is ready, but it is mute...voices and music need to be added to it. but all frames are ready. size of video is about 2 minutes.
i hope that near the weekend we will see whole video...
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 18 Jan 2010, 12:43

I have a question. I found a dagger in the Fortress of the Ancients. I put this in the left hand of one of my characters, along with the spear I found in the same place in the right hand. When I put the dagger in the left hand it disappeared. Looking at my stats I could see I was getting credit for it, something like 150-304 damage. Now I can see that it has been broken, but I can't seem to access it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
dhalgren17

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Jan 2010, 14:27

vladimir-maestro wrote:Good news!!!
Ending video is ready, but it is mute...voices and music need to be added to it. but all frames are ready. size of video is about 2 minutes.
i hope that near the weekend we will see whole video...
Excellent new, Maestro!! Excellent news, indeed!!!

I've just sent you the voiceover you requested for integration into the video, so all's a-go from my end.

When you complete the video, please post the original AND the .exe patch for me so I can upload the patch and a new ANIMS.zip to the site.

Thanks,

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Jan 2010, 14:30

dhalgren17 wrote:I have a question. I found a dagger in the Fortress of the Ancients. I put this in the left hand of one of my characters, along with the spear I found in the same place in the right hand. When I put the dagger in the left hand it disappeared. Looking at my stats I could see I was getting credit for it, something like 150-304 damage. Now I can see that it has been broken, but I can't seem to access it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
dhalgren17
I'll have to look at your SAVED Game to determine what's going on here. If ya get a moment, email it to me.

mm7rev4modrel2@yahoo.com

BDJ

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Jan 2010, 19:51

there are still few mistakes...
i was started to play yesterday...
i was surprised when visited training hall in kat'an - picture of the trainer was "assur" - god of lightning :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 18 Jan 2010, 19:54

Many thanks to you and Co, question to you:
I and much of others Gamers waiting any preparing party hints (not spoilers) - how optimized party from part1 to Part2 of the Game? (Gold, NPC, Inventory...) And You now not answered anything. My proposal - I myself (or You) can give courple of little hints such as: spell "Telekinesis" is nessecary, NPC may be such as ... I can give many hints of party transfer, but you are a chief and asked be silent. Not spoiling about game strategy and about any placements - only to help first playing. I itself have no problems - I'm opening second Portal and found Healer. (I have no time to play several days (work) - only you can help others)
Sorry my Lang., today is the Russian Holiday(?) - "Creshchens' Frozenz" (? Vl.Maestro knows English much better, you can answer)", -18C - good?

Return to “Might and Magic”