The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 17 Oct 2009, 02:10

Hello TCC team, you are my idols, you guys done great job

My english is not good so i will make it quick.

Is it possible for adding new "skill" like thief or stealing. I now for sure one way can make this skill become most interesting part of all time.

1. Of course shop sell random things and some are non-value at all. They have to be real since shop open not for your team. Normal person for sure.

My idea that some item from shop will disappear some time (they were bought). People from all around the town now can be "steal" for goods. Of course small town will have little value as well.

For adding new skill, we should make some quest for them as well. Make some value and unique item that only be done by stealing skill.

2. When you have low level of perception (may be stealing), you will get chance of losing one item for resting in a tent. This should be real since thief are every where :D

3. For further "training" in thief way :proud: we should provide "thief beginner" a thief guild. Of course they will provide and activate you quests for stealing (thief bounty hunter as well). It could be fun if we have a quest like stunning a big monster without killing it and steal some thing :)

P/S: i have one final question. What is unique item use for, i play MM for years and not sure what they use. THey just have high value for selling and nothing at all.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Re: TCC Additional World

Unread postby Mn » 19 Oct 2009, 10:41

New area (or map change) in TCC – it’s beautiful! BDJ and his command – the best! I‘ll wait last release as soon as it’s possible.

For developers –

1) I found one game bug:
In one of Avalon quests (pearls of Timoti and purification(?)) player must use Horn of Varden to open last door in Orpheus Gateway (Bog of Tuonella) to kill demon in his room. Quest isn’t hard, but I notice one thing, which disbalanced the Game. The matter is that You may open this door repeatedly always (it is already opened!) by clicking spacebar in front of it, and every each time lot of Specters and other Ghosts will reappear behind You. It’s no problem to kill all new enemies – one dangerous thing that they can do – decrease hitpoints of one or two party members to zero, it’s no problem with Beacon near door and using portal to healer. Problem – unlimited dropping rings from bodies – i.e. unlimited money at short time. I’ve tried to place the screenshot below my message.

2) I have one wish/proposal else – obelisk treasure may be obtained very quickly (I give it at 30 level party without problems) – and unlimited experience (IMHO) VERY disbalanced the Game. With help of Merchants, Enchant spell, etc. You obtain needed amount of money and can train any level very fast instead of real battles and finishing quests. My other proposals are not principal – I don’t want speak about them.

Sorry my English.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 19 Oct 2009, 13:44

I've just have an idea of "random quest" guild.

They aims to be more real life since quest could come from hunter guild.

Normally people will come to a guild, set a rank of quest and willing to pay (from F to SS i suggest). We can do this quest from guild and get money and fame. More rank you have more open quest you will get.

However, if people do not like this kind of guild (but i think they are great). We can set them out as a information guild. You can come here, pay a small amount of money and get information of quest from town, castle.

Sorry for duplicate this reply in MMX too.

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

TCC

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 20 Oct 2009, 17:49

:D
I wanted to thank BDJ and his team for the TCC! Big, big thanks for your effort for giving a new and enhanced flavor to an already great game!!
Finished TCC with 3 Adepts and 1 Exorcist, Lvl 151 in 8 months and 23 days (191041 score). Great fun, although on some occasions I wished I had a knight on my party...
Here is some (subjective) feed-back:
1. Funniest new monster: the witches on brooms. Loved them, and their hats. And when I killed the first one (not too difficult a job, I must say) and saw the pumpkin on the ground, I was rolling on the floor with laughter! Too bad you can't add the pumpkin to your food... Whatever you do BDJ, please don't remove them from the final release! One more thing about the witches: I liked the "interest" in them from the two teachers in Chernoburg...
2. Ugliest new monster: the lizards (Komodo-type). I don't like them. They're mean and tough, but they look ugly. I wouldn't mind replacing those.
3. Coolest new monster: the chaos bodyguards. Not only they look cool with those big, mean-looking, meant-for-business axes, but their audio is cool too, especially when they die. If you plan on removing them, keep the audio for some other monster.
4. Very good audio in the Chaos temple (former Temple of Baa in Kriegspire): the laughter is very good and it gives you the creeps.
5. The dark magic mastery is given rather too late in the game. But I guess it's just one more way to "weaken" parties with lots of magic, as I have noticed in many places in the game. And it's not bad thinking, as in MM6 parties with strong magic were very strong.
6. Keep the Colossi immune to Starburst and Meteor Shower: it's a good idea. Although, I must say, with my magic party I had no problems in killing in Norseland the Colossi near the obelisk. Death Blossom works wonders there: if my count is correct, there were about 320 Colossi. I ended up with about 400.000 gold and at least 15 levels to learn after killing them.

This is it for now, but I'll come back with more feed-back if I think of more and anyone finds it useful.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 24 Oct 2009, 07:44

So there will be new maps? Am wonder houw you made it, amazing!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Oct 2009, 12:53

koval321 wrote:So there will be new maps? Am wonder houw you made it, amazing!
To repeat my previous post ...

"Considering I am 'graphically challenged' and don't have a single graphic/paint program on my PC, I think the map results turned out well.

All map generation/changes were accomplished using custom-generated C-code that manipulates the graphics databases. The most 'challenging' task was analyzing the 'small' map database and its 4-bit, 'Polish notation' pallet (.tga.bmp extension in ICONS.LOD) and then generating the code to 'scan' the actual game terrain and produce the 'small' map to scale. "

BDJ

"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Oct 2009, 12:43

I've applied a few effects to the map. With a height map I can try to make it look closer to MM6 maps.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 25 Oct 2009, 14:30

GrayFace wrote:I've applied a few effects to the map. With a height map I can try to make it look closer to MM6 maps.
Interesting perspective, Grayface. The original MM6 'minimaps' are a successful attempt at 'psuedo-3D', with the effect produced from a sun coming from North-Northwest. The 3D affectus is produced by shading the S-to-SE side of all elevations with darker grays.

This is not the affect that I am after. I desire a grid-oriented, 'flat', 2D geometric map that uses different colors to illustrate the elevation. The colors are related to the type of terrain (grass, snow, swamp, dirt, sand, et al). The algorithm that produces these maps does consider the height parameter as well as the tileset to produce the colors. The 'painting' colors are custom combinations of available palette colors designed to show the 'granularity' of a grid-oriented game.

What you have done is nice, but is too 'smooth' for my tastes. Besides, the in-game display of these 'minimaps' is dependent upon unique 1024-byte RGB palettes (768-bytes of RGB data plus overhead) that are built into each TGA.BMP map file. Unless you modify these palettes as you modify the map colors, the in-game display will be somewhat 'unpredictable' and not what you might expect.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Oct 2009, 16:54

Wow BDJ, okay, when at first I just liked your mods I can now safely say I worship you. Brand new maps... theoretically I guess the gameworld can now be as large as you like!

I'm begging you to put your methods into a tutorial and release the custom code you created to the public: they'd be invaluable for the MMX and remake projects, and can only increase the replayability of the games.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Re: TCC Additional World

Unread postby Vector » 25 Oct 2009, 20:29

Big Daddy Jim wrote:The work on the final release of The Chaos Conspiracy continues with the development of an additional world being added to the adventure. The following screenshots show the area of "Land's Gateway";

FYI ...

BDJ
BigDaddyJim, you are pure genius!!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 07 Nov 2009, 07:42

Lands gateway, it look like modified new sorpigal, because volcano in corner. This map will be so empty or you also known how put there scenery obiects?

Anyway i cant wait to play updated version, this mod is very good.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 07 Nov 2009, 21:09

But I have a question to MM comunity!!! I've noticed that MM6 do not support transparacy in faces!!! So all of them now got that grey BG - what do you wish me to do? I can change it into simple black or put all of the charecters on some kind of the interesting picture.
make them less...feminine perhaps? they look gay.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 09 Nov 2009, 18:42

BDJ, does it true that there will no fly scroll in TCC? I got this one from barrack keep (south of demonclaw)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Nov 2009, 01:43

There are actually a couple of fly scrolls and they were intentional, so use them carefully. :D Now if there are any random fly scrolls I do not think so, but BDJ was the programmer and he would need to answer that.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 10 Nov 2009, 07:16

jeff wrote:There are actually a couple of fly scrolls and they were intentional, so use them carefully. :D Now if there are any random fly scrolls I do not think so, but BDJ was the programmer and he would need to answer that.
For me fly scroll and town portal is something too easy. Just hire a gate master and a wind master and you are done. You can use them all the time :D

My god. I killed gold dragon in south of blackshire and loot it for a artifact staff. Now i've done the quest of staff merlin now and i have two staff now, what a waste. What should i do. :(

Bug: my game crash when i try to equip sword of grishnak on left hand

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 10 Nov 2009, 18:44

phamlongtuan wrote: My god. I killed gold dragon in south of blackshire and loot it for a artifact staff. Now i've done the quest of staff merlin now and i have two staff now, what a waste. What should i do. :(
Once I've looted Mordred from a Gold Dragon much before entering Dragoon's Keep. Then I have had two of them. :D

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 11 Nov 2009, 07:22

tolich wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote: My god. I killed gold dragon in south of blackshire and loot it for a artifact staff. Now i've done the quest of staff merlin now and i have two staff now, what a waste. What should i do. :(
Once I've looted Mordred from a Gold Dragon much before entering Dragoon's Keep. Then I have had two of them. :D
Two Mordred is perfect combo for soc men 8|

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

TCC Final Progress

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 16 Nov 2009, 12:28

Some new Baddies from the Maestro!

BDJ

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Nov 2009, 17:09

Good news, team!!! (like a professor from futurama ;) )

1) I've remembered my pass from celestial heavens :hoo:

2) Almost all monsters of TCC are remade...about 7 left I think.

3) I've developed new technology of sprite creating. Now all of the new creatures will fit any MM game cause all frames are based on MM8 game. So you won't need to use some frames in earlier MM versions B-)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 19 Nov 2009, 19:35

Good job guys!
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Return to “Might and Magic”