The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 17 Aug 2009, 19:30

Work with TCC final release moves slower than I've expected :S
Only 8 new creatures and few animations were created :(

Still alot of work to do...
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Mn
Scout
Scout

imho about TCC

Unread postby Mn » 18 Aug 2009, 08:07

I finished TCC early than first year may, in adventure mode it wasn't much difficult for me. IMHO, MM7 BDJ MOD is more interesting, it's super! I have some questions for players/creators.
1. Tomb of Varn and NWC dungeon are unreacheble or I missed something?
2. Obelisk reward is only experience or smth else?
3. Balu's treasure - I don't use anything of its content - all finest weapon/armor/artifacts were founded in any places or I always can do little dragons safari in Baal Garden and take all I want (such as Poseidon Trident)...
4. Almost all swords are two-handed or right-handed - only one my party member (of three possible) was equipped by good sword and spear (greatest combi) - his hit/damage is, of course, very much than others.
5. Either weapons (I founded one axe and two swords) - I don't use them. Magic as Inferno and Incinerate with usual weapons are enouth for last battles. Of course, plus Lloyd Beacons.
I think that 3-5 points of my post disbalanced the Game. Sorry of my English.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Aug 2009, 17:50

VARN and NWC were planned to be used...but have no free spaced to made there a quest.
BDJ planned them to be a simple to-explore-dungeons instead.

I'm not sure if they are reachable in the TCC but if they don't - we will try to open them in final release.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 19 Aug 2009, 02:32

vladimir-maestro wrote:VARN and NWC were planned to be used...but have no free spaced to made there a quest.
BDJ planned them to be a simple to-explore-dungeons instead.

I'm not sure if they are reachable in the TCC but if they don't - we will try to open them in final release.
I am not aware of all the issues but BDJ decided fairly early to abandon any use of those two dungeons. The NWC dungeon is a fairly boring layout and without some type of quest there really is no need for it. However Varn would be useful even if used just for a treasure hunt maze. We could reposition some of the quest items in it such as one of Lemkanen urns. When Jim gets back in touch with us we can discuss the possibilities with him and see how he feels about it.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Aug 2009, 12:30

I found the Tomb way too big and almost impossible without a walk through. I'm glad it was not added to the mod.

moeppel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby moeppel » 30 Aug 2009, 09:13

Oh well, this made me play MM6 again :hoo:

So, I went with MMF mode off the bat to see how it goes. In fact, it was tough at the beginning, an advise to some, travel to New Sorpigal and sprint to the Tavern, Maria gives free party heals without monster reset. I do not know whether that's intended or not, however doing that plus having some patience lets you clean the place quite fast :devil:

That said, overall the amount of mobs is insane, but fun :D I don't know how many thousands I've killed already. Not having played an easier mode yet I assume the amount of mobs is tripple to quadro the normal number, plus the chance of "tough mofos" spawning seems a lot more likely (Bucaneers, etc.)

As stated before, there's a few minor problems, firstly and fairly majorily, balance. I don't know if MMF simply increases mobs number or also their stats, however a Bucaneer compared to Swash Buckler or Free Booter is like a god and accordingly hard to bring down, in the early levels anyway.

That said, if you make it through the very beginning your levels will fly and fly and fly, as more monster = more xp = more level = faster kills = endless circle of easy farming eventually. Gets incredibly nasty though if you run through a dungeon door and have 10+ (Power) Liches in your face :devious:

Also, as stated somewhere before, monster strength <-> gold / item drops are missmatching, plus you might wanna tone down the amount of daggers / bows dropped by the monsters as in MMF there's millions of them filling up my inventory in no time with trash. Lastly, many of the (hidden / normal) chests haven't been reworked and still have original MM6 loot in them, which is handy in some situations and less handy and appreciated in others ;)

Last thing, I might been just my personal luck, right after I finished Mist (I'm unfamiliar with the reworked names) I travelled to the island on Booty Bay via ship, where the Temple of Snakes (I think) is located. I was able to solo it with a party < level 10. This might be personal skill as you've to use tons of (cheap :P ) tricks plus the patience it takes, but I came out of there with 30k+ gold and dozen of Horse Hoofs thingies.

On a side note, I was lucky to get a Master Sword from one of the Camps in Mist with a +12 Acid Damage, that made my damage go up the roof for that early stage B-)

Oh well, back to playing. Great job thus far, can't await the final eventually, and please don't ever stop the fine tuning ;)

moeppel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby moeppel » 01 Sep 2009, 09:20

Shameless double post.

Can anyone list the location of the 5 Judgements for the Lord in former Ironfist? I'm unable to find them :(

I've found arpox. 3, but I can't remember who or where they were. Be nice if a complete list could be posted up - grew tired of aimlessly running through towns :ill:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Sep 2009, 11:24

Spoiler:

Check the tavern in the NW area of Ironfist. Also, check the Bank in new Sorpigal.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 01 Sep 2009, 11:40

moeppel wrote:Shameless double post.

Can anyone list the location of the 5 Judgements for the Lord in former Ironfist? I'm unable to find them :(

I've found arpox. 3, but I can't remember who or where they were. Be nice if a complete list could be posted up - grew tired of aimlessly running through towns :ill:
See previous pages - I wrote all five places

moeppel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby moeppel » 01 Sep 2009, 12:30

*Spoiler*

1.) Port Sleigon - Been in the temple, no NPC there to judge. Might have picked him up earlier already though.

2.) Kat'an - Been to the NW Tavern already, noone in there, might judged him already.

3.) Shutterville Bank, picked that one up already.

4.) Ellisia Training Hall - Can't remember if one been in there, might been the trainings hall in Port Sleigon, however I've judged one of them in a trainings hall already.

5.) Been in all shops in Avelon, couldn't find one. I think I however found one in the Tavern of the Mythic island.

Leaves me at 3/5 I'm fairly certain about.

Been back to the King to hand in the quest but it doesn't let me, so I'm definitely missing another one or two.

EDIT: Found another one, yet still missing one or two.

The one I found was located in Kat'an temple.

EDIT2: Found them all. Last I was missing was in Tavern near the dungeon in Port Sleigon.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 03 Sep 2009, 07:11

moeppel wrote:*Spoiler*

1.) Port Sleigon - Been in the temple, no NPC there to judge. Might have picked him up earlier already though.

2.) Kat'an - Been to the NW Tavern already, noone in there, might judged him already.

3.) Shutterville Bank, picked that one up already.

4.) Ellisia Training Hall - Can't remember if one been in there, might been the trainings hall in Port Sleigon, however I've judged one of them in a trainings hall already.

5.) Been in all shops in Avelon, couldn't find one. I think I however found one in the Tavern of the Mythic island.

Leaves me at 3/5 I'm fairly certain about.

Been back to the King to hand in the quest but it doesn't let me, so I'm definitely missing another one or two.

EDIT: Found another one, yet still missing one or two.

The one I found was located in Kat'an temple.

EDIT2: Found them all. Last I was missing was in Tavern near the dungeon in Port Sleigon.
Its strange - in Katan temple I not found anybody, and I am sure that one person is in Avalon - stables (80%), city hall or somewhere else. May be we played different game versions? I'm not sure - my version is last of all reacheble.

Peka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help!

Unread postby Peka » 05 Sep 2009, 12:48

First of all, I love being able to play a new version of might and magic. Thanks so much to BDJ and others who worked so hard to put this together!

I am experiencing the following problems. Whenever I load the game I get a gray screen. Then I have to minimize it to see a box that reads "Video File error-can't open file anims\anims\Anims1.vid.smk."

When I close this box another one comes up that reads, "Smacker error - can't load file - anims\3dologo.smk."

When I close this box, I get another box that reads, "Smacker error - can't load file -anims\jvc.smk."

When I close this box another one comes up that reads, "Smacker error - can't load file - anims\mm6Intro.smk."

When I close this box, I can hear the game music playing, then maximize the screen, and I've been able to load and play the game. I've gotten my characters to level 10 and all of a sudden whenever I attempt to save the game it crashes every time I select the save button! If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to be able to continue this game, BUT I am not computer savvy. It is a miracle that I even got far enough to get the game to work at all so please make suggestions simple enough for an 80 year old grandmother to understand!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 08 Sep 2009, 06:28

I guess that your SMK drivers are old.
Have you installed GrayFace patch?

Video is mine work - so probably I used newer Smacker tools for new video and indoor animations. Noone got problems with videos before.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Sep 2009, 07:26

Question:
What to do after visiting all obelisks? I guess that quest was changed...where is that new treasure and what it it?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 14 Sep 2009, 11:23

vladimir-maestro wrote:Question:
What to do after visiting all obelisks? I guess that quest was changed...where is that new treasure and what it it?
If You visited all obelisks, You must decoder their message.
Treasure is in big rock near fountain of Youth. Imho it's only unlimited experience - I not found anything else.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Chaos Conspiracy Final Release

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Sep 2009, 04:31

The final release of The Chaos Conspiracy should be available in mid-December. It will contain an additional unique and complete map-world containing 'unique' foes, one additional (and hugh!!) end game quest, and two different 'time' dimensions of play.

If someone cares to make a list of all errors/corrections in the original game and send them to me via PM or email, those corrections will also be in the final release. Otherwise, the corrections will not be made.

FYI ...

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 23 Sep 2009, 06:16

I'll try to do this.
Starting from the bigining.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 23 Sep 2009, 16:08

If you guys feel like playing a really cool Heroes 3 campaign while you are waiting for this you all should try out Masters of Sighisoara! :)
Thanks
HoP

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 23 Sep 2009, 17:51

Whoa there, easy on the blatant advertising! :beg:

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 25 Sep 2009, 08:56

I stop playing in around half progress trough game, and i think i will wait now for finall relase to play it again.

My sugestion to fix stuff:
-some monsters have broken graphic (rusalka and skeleton dragons)
-many crashes in one cave quest
-old "new sorpigal" name on entrance gate
-i found sword on road in new sorpigal which later disappear from inventory (?!)
-items which look like bone on ground, in inventory are crossbows
-in (old) free heaven should be master merchand which is not there
-am not really sure how many points i need to level skill (so i dont invest until find teacher who tell me that)
-try to do something with weapons and armor (increase AC DMG) because magic is 100x better from sword and this part of mm games is not balanced (i mean possibility to win game using knight)

Return to “Might and Magic”