The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 24 Jul 2009, 17:44

BlackHawk wrote:Can anyone spoil me with the location of Urn#1 from Lemkanen quest?
HINT (in white)

Somewhere in the Demonclaw.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 28 Jul 2009, 11:10

A correction:
John Tuck, the master of Learning is actually in Avalon, not in Port Sleigon as stated in the game.

Is it also possible to remove all off the "useless" NPC's in the game? I do use NPC's and it would be a lot quicker if I did not have to weed through all the beggars, rustlers etc, to find the NPC's I want.

Is it also possible to remove the useless items from the shops? Like the 2 lowest level rings for example. If they're not enchanted already, no one would ever buy them. Most of the hats can not be enchanted either, so, could they just be removed? This would make the shops far more viable IMHO. Right now, the odds are pretty low that the shops will have anything worthwhile.
If the junk is weeded out, this would greatly increase.

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 28 Jul 2009, 15:32

Dear BDJ,
I am trying to put this game on a PC in another house that has no internet. I am downloading all the files and putting them on to a USB stick. However, with filefront problems and everything, I am confused as to what to download. I have read the Player Intro file and downloaded everything it specified, but am confused about the patch. Any chance of up-to-date instructions and a link?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 28 Jul 2009, 20:31

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
macetat wrote:Hi BDJ!
I´m already enjoying your game, it´s really great! Can you tell me if it´s hard to translate your Mod into another language? There are many MM-fans in Spain who´s english is not so good - like mine! ;)
If you know a simple posibility (I´m not into programming), that would be cool and - only with your and your teams permision, I see it of course as a matter of copyright - I would try do it bit by bit.
All right, once again congratulations to your fantastic job!
Greetings from
macetat
Yes, the game text could be converted to Spanish. The mechanics are quite simple, assuming you can effectively use the MM8LevelEditor utility. Simply extract all of the text-related files from ICONS.LOD (npctext.txt, Quests.txt, npctopic.txt, et al), edit the extracted text in WordPad, and then re-import them. I have no problem with you making this language conversion, but you might want to check with the rest of the Team, first (Maestro, Jeff, and HodgePodge). You might want to 'PM' them.

Good luck!

BDJ
Well, I do not know Spain language at all...But I'm translating TCC into Russian...
The main problem that I face is - literature translation! The easiest way is to use PROMT translator, but not for the russian translation!!! So I have to translate all the text by myself...it is very painfull job with kilometers of texts 8|
But a hour a day I can dedicate to the translation.
---
P.S.
More translation TCC will have - more people will enjoy this MOD!!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jul 2009, 18:23

Where is the Temple of Chaos located?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 29 Jul 2009, 20:03

I guess in Ether World (?)

P.S.

I cannot activate a portal to Ether World...what I need for this? I've killed almost all drows in hive but cannot find a way to activate it 8|
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 29 Jul 2009, 20:19

Another little mistakes, cached by users:

Maps:
When you will clic on the map with right clic (was in Luftka tomb) - text says that it is "tomb of the Ethrick the Mad".
Signs:
Sign in new sorpigal still says that it is new sorpigal...
Some other signs on the road carry their old, original names!
Dialogues and Quests:
1) First quest tells us about Misty isles...
2) There are some quests that holds old names and regions,
3) NPC sometimes says something about Mystical isles, Enroth and got old dialogues with old names.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jul 2009, 22:44

..anybody??

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Aug 2009, 22:44

I am sorry but it is really bothering me a lot. What is the purpose of those immune gargouilles in Avalon, so as soon as I land I am dead. Towns should be safe unless someone lures monsters inside. Difficulty is artificially added with unrealistic things.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Aug 2009, 23:27

Salamandre wrote:I am sorry but it is really bothering me a lot. What is the purpose of those immune gargouilles in Avalon, so as soon as I land I am dead. Towns should be safe unless someone lures monsters inside. Difficulty is artificially added with unrealistic things.
Even in the original MM6 the gargoyles would chase you into the city with the diamond ones being harmed only by magic. So that is not a change.

As far as the question about the Temple of Chaos, I personally did not test that and BDJ will be offline for a while, and all of the documents that might have helped me answer your question were lost when BDJ took the TCC site down. Perhaps someone who has finished can.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Aug 2009, 23:50

In the orignial 6, Titans also roam through Paradise Vally (IIRC)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Aug 2009, 01:26

Thanks Jeff,
I finally found it in area A3.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Aug 2009, 01:57

Sorry for my harsh post, I always quick save when I drop from stables or boat, and the gargs were around (on the exit) the boat, so got slaughtered in 1 sec, thus got angry. The monsters were placed in towns in this mode, not outside. Doesn't matter, I will show them who is the boss.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Aug 2009, 06:28

Go Salamandre!

I would go into turn-based mode before you get on the boat. It may help you to not get hit so much when you arrive at the other end. You may also be able to cast Fly at the other end, to give you some distance from them.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Aug 2009, 07:09

Fly?!

I just started the game, any air guild is closed, I can't even find wizard eye somewhere, and fly? Only my imagination can fly atm.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Aug 2009, 22:58

Yeah, I really don't understand why it's so difficult, even to get Expert Air early on. Big deal, so I can cast Wizard Eye a little better...
Last edited by Variol on 03 Aug 2009, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 03 Aug 2009, 00:06

vladimir-maestro wrote:Another little mistakes, cached by users:

Maps:
When you will clic on the map with right clic (was in Luftka tomb) - text says that it is "tomb of the Ethrick the Mad".
Signs:
Sign in new sorpigal still says that it is new sorpigal...
Some other signs on the road carry their old, original names!
Dialogues and Quests:
1) First quest tells us about Misty isles...
2) There are some quests that holds old names and regions,
3) NPC sometimes says something about Mystical isles, Enroth and got old dialogues with old names.
If there are bugs in the game make a list of them and I can fix them. Not sure when BDJ will be "back in town" so it might be awhile before he can do it. Make sure you include what quest it's relating to and what map or dungeon you found it in, if it's just some dialogue errors, be sure to again include the quest or if it's "old" dialogue from the original game ie says Enroth or Mist whatever, include that.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Aug 2009, 01:18

Variol wrote:Yeah, I really don't understand why it's so difficult, even to get Expert Air early on. Big deal, so I can cast Wizard Eye a little.
Actually you can get wizard eye very early in the game. The guild in Sutter's Bay has it available or at least it can appear there.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Aug 2009, 14:43

True, but at base level, it's pretty useless. At least at expert level, you can see more with it.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Aug 2009, 14:58

Well, the best strategy is still...reload. I got wizard eye in Sorpigal guild and after a few reloads 5-6 fly scrolls in Blackshire (old names). In the original I don't reload when visiting guilds, I like the randomness. But now I feel that the difficulty was raised a bit unnecessary by closing the guilds. Well, I guess I have to forget the original and see the mod under a completely new perspective, but it is not so easy.

My opinion is that a mod of a famous game must add things, and not remove. People is so conditioned to follow a specific path that it will be hard to enjoy the limited access to spells. I like the graphics, quests and plots however.

A small note: in Seigon you are told by several NPC that the air expert is south from Seigon ministeries. Actually such building does not exist, I checked in LOD. And the air expert is in Sorpigal, accessible only by fly, without any hint, except the ones I got by reading this thread.

Return to “Might and Magic”