The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jun 2009, 18:49

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Variol wrote:..and while you're at it, who promotes Cavaliers and Crusaders?
Since the game does not have a 'Cavalier' nor a "Crusader" class, the answer is quite simple. No one promotes them.

BDJ
So, why is the class on the sheet, which you gave me the link for? It says I need 8+ in Sword and be a Cavalier, or Crusader to master it?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Jun 2009, 19:49

Variol wrote:So, why is the class on the sheet, which you gave me the link for? It says I need 8+ in Sword and be a Cavalier, or Crusader to master it?
"
The sheet he linked is made for the regular game, but I think he didn't change anything in the mod, so it should apply there too. So whatever the Warrior promotion is called, that's what you need.

BDJ, you know you can make the page bigger with ctrl and + or smaller with ctrl and -. ctrl and mousewheel also works, but it's harder to remember how to get back to how it was that way.
Sorry to hear about your health problems :/
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jun 2009, 22:21

Could someone point me in the right direction for for Zedd's quest?

I found Luftka's tomb, but it's locked.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 30 Jun 2009, 07:06

You gotta admit that though that that's a really tough quest. It's meant for finishing after you're already at a pretty high level when the needed experience points are harder to obtain for leveling up.
No its not, it take me the same amount of efforts like clean first town from archers and bandits. I was here around 25 level and solving quest give me another 25 (or even more because dont have money to train more) My tactic was:
-npc master healer, npc master magic (give bonus to all magic skills)
-mostly use fire spells: incinerate and inferno (and remove curse)
-use items which regenerate spells over time (give one to every spellcaster)

Now wait until monster take position behind corner and shoot them trough wall by inferno, when someone step outside then incinerate and escape, wait (not sleep!) and items will regenerate mana, then return to finish job.

Ofcourse this could be impossible to survive ten seconds when just enter in middle of dragons room, so yes at begining it look really tough.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 30 Jun 2009, 13:11

I finally found Lufkta's hide out. I'm in there now.

Somehow the position of my characters got shuffled around. I did not know this was possible. Could someone tell me what I did?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 30 Jun 2009, 13:24

Luftka isn't a problem herself...
Actually I was wondering if she will be behind closed door...but she wasn't :(

She was in near room that is really easy to reach - that disapointed me alittle...

Another dissapointing - Lunatic Vault...the key lead me only to 1000 gold coins!!! :(

And the main thing that I noticed - is a balance of the difficulty of the locations and monsters and the reward you get there - items + gold. In easy places some monsters give alot of gold but in HELL places they drop 10-30 gold + 1st level junk :disagree:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Jul 2009, 03:53

Can someone point me in the right direction to find the key to Luftka's Tomb? Thanks. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 01 Jul 2009, 06:36

I have graphic problem, some monsters look like bunch of pixels, i recognize shape but colours inside are chaotic, broken. It was every rusalka and some skeleton dragon.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 01 Jul 2009, 09:00

HodgePodge wrote:Can someone point me in the right direction to find the key to Luftka's Tomb? Thanks. :)
I think it was on his estate in Kat'an

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 01 Jul 2009, 13:29

koval321 wrote:I have graphic problem, some monsters look like bunch of pixels, i recognize shape but colours inside are chaotic, broken. It was every rusalka and some skeleton dragon.
There is a last dynamic patch that fixes this problem with palettes.

Luftka:
There are 2 places that holds "Luftka" name.
First one in her "home" where key is hidden
Second is a "place of her presence" where you cannot enter without a key
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 01 Jul 2009, 13:48

Due to TCC hidden forum is closed (?) or I have bad connection I will post here or I will forget. Maybe someone posted it before.

Another report of recomendations:

1) Bones
Bones in Lunatic Vault and bones - looks like a xbows when you pick them up...something is wrong with them. Or there shouldn't be a bones or they should be a new weapons.
2) Urns
In some places 5 urns are hidden...but 1 of them is an "equipable urn". In its description is something like (+30 fire resist and do 10-20 fire damage) and looks like an equipable item but still cannot be putted on. I think description or suffix should be fixed.
3) Monster drop and gold.
I found it rather anoying - to kill 800HP monster with good damage and get 30 gold as a reward...the same for the junk items in touhg places. The best reward that I have now - Koschei lair skeletons - about 4500-5000 gold and drow-warriors - good items and artifacts.
4) Minor misprinting
It is not a critical error - still can understant the meening of the texts but they exist...
Quest in "Whitch Land" called MORANA but the main witch is MORGANA...
1 letter missing in DANU#5 scroll...I know how it is difficult to type all the mass of text and twice harder to find errors - so sorry if my post will make you sad :S
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Jul 2009, 16:29

vladimir-maestro wrote: Bones in Lunatic Vault and bones - looks like a xbows when you pick them up...something is wrong with them. Or there shouldn't be a bones or they should be a new weapons.
Yeah I identified it to Jim and he said that he was going to change it to a pile of gold.
vladimir-maestro wrote: In some places 5 urns are hidden...but 1 of them is an "equipable urn". In its description is something like (+30 fire resist and do 10-20 fire damage) and looks like an equipable item but still cannot be putted on. I think description or suffix should be fixed.
As you are aware the urns are part of a Tounela quest, and 5 in one spot is an error and none should be equipable. Now were the multiple urns of the same number or not?
vladimir-maestro wrote:3) Monster drop and gold.
I found it rather anoying - to kill 800HP monster with good damage and get 30 gold as a reward...the same for the junk items in touhg places. The best reward that I have now - Koschei lair skeletons - about 4500-5000 gold and drow-warriors - good items and artifacts.
That may be an annoyance but by the end of the game I bet players will have more gold than they can use. Too much gold too early and players can buy all the top flight spells, skills, weapons, armor and so on making the game too easy for most. I don't expect Jim to change that.
vladimir-maestro wrote:4) Minor misprinting
It is not a critical error - still can understant the meening of the texts but they exist...
Quest in "Whitch Land" called MORANA but the main witch is MORGANA...
1 letter missing in DANU#5 scroll...I know how it is difficult to type all the mass of text and twice harder to find errors - so sorry if my post will make you sad :S
Jim will fix any of those that you can identify, just be specific so he can find them; I have emailed him almost daily with corrections and he has been very responsive. :-D

Now one for you, when I check the stats of the cujo creature all I see his the tail. Can you fix that?
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dracodile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracodile » 01 Jul 2009, 17:41

I have found a strange thing than i played on "warrior" level:
Each time i reload in Ellesia, new cultists appears near lighthouses. Endless experience and gold :-D ! But is it normal?
HodgePodge:
Thank you for your help

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 01 Jul 2009, 19:03

Jeff, I'm not really understand what you said about cojo's tail...but if I can guess it is "G" key? If so - it cannot be fixed. Game engine uses upper limits of the sprite.

And here is a screenshot of that urn:
As you can see - it has got selling price + bonuses of the phoenix :-D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 01 Jul 2009, 20:24

vladimir-maestro wrote: Jeff, I'm not really understand what you said about cojo's tail...but if I can guess it is "G" key? If so - it cannot be fixed. Game engine uses upper limits of the sprite.
I upload a screenshot in the group picture subforum

vladimir-maestro wrote:As you can see - it has got selling price + bonuses of the phoenix :-D
That is of course an error, hopefully BDJ will be able to correct it fairly easily.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 01 Jul 2009, 22:38

Yay! found Luftka's Key … and a really nice pair of Boots too. :-D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 02 Jul 2009, 00:29

Dracodile wrote:I have found a strange thing than i played on "warrior" level:
Each time i reload in Ellesia, new cultists appears near lighthouses. Endless experience and gold :-D ! But is it normal?
HodgePodge:
Thank you for your help
Forgot to mention this one, it also happened to me.
HodgePodge wrote:Yay! found Luftka's Key … and a really nice pair of Boots too. :-D
Indeed.. My sorcerer is very happy with them. And the cleric is happy about it too, saves her from casting ALOT of healing spells on him.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Jul 2009, 03:14

jeff wrote: I upload a screenshot in the group picture subforum

That is of course an error, hopefully BDJ will be able to correct it fairly easily.
I found this Urn too in Laftka's Tomb. I was unable to just correct it in the Editor as it disappeared completely from my character's inventory. I have backup games so no harm done. I know this needs to be corrected before the final release.

Just one more question: Where do you get that cool looking armor?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jul 2009, 11:22

I need some help with the "judgment" quest. I have found some, but not all of the people. Are they all in Inns or Taverns?

Dracodile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracodile » 02 Jul 2009, 12:36

Things with reload spawns are worse than i thought: after some time there will be no reload spawns and no spawns at all (for one location, i think). There is spawn limit for each location (or even for the entire game?). There would be no spawns than this limit is reached. In Ellesia, for example, there will be no ambush than you step into the teleporter. So this is serious bug: quest monster cannot appear after any event, if this limit is reached.

Return to “Might and Magic”