The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 28 Jun 2009, 14:51

Stormz30000 wrote:Hey, I am intrested in playing this, but what should I install in what order, including MM6/official patch/whatever else. thanx
Download the TCC Player Intro.pdf file at;

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim

and follow the directions. After all files are downloaded and installed, you must apply the 'patch'. So go back to the download site, obtain the file Dynamic Files 6_25_09.zip, unzip it and follow the directions in the ReadMe file.

After you have done this, START a new game and enjoy!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 28 Jun 2009, 15:06

Variol wrote:HEY BDJ, how has your health been BTW?

I would like to point out that, when I went to get expert diplomacy, I got and she also gave me master, even though my rank is only 4. She did say I needed 7 ranks. Is this correct?
Well, I hope to be around for the final release. But one can never be sure.

Some Master Promotions only require Expert Level Four. Here's a useful link that provides details on Master Promo requirements;

http://www.pottsland.com/mm6/masterr.shtml

This might help.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 29 Jun 2009, 03:38

How much strength i need to take sword from mystic island?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Jun 2009, 07:10

What kind of illness do you have then BDJ?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jun 2009, 10:47

I was wondering if "balance" for lack of a better word, is still being looked at?

I just killed a soldier of fortune, in the Den of Iniquity and got 171 gold. This guy was pretty darn tough, as were the Mercenaries and the other fighter class in there. I think they should give far more gold and better treasure.
I also found a basic sword in 2 of the chests in one of the rooms and found 2 pairs of leather boots. At this point in the game, I don't think I should be finding level 1 stuff.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 29 Jun 2009, 13:06

Then try to kill a drider in Drow Lair...and get only 15 gold for it!!! :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 29 Jun 2009, 14:11

I finished milion points experience quest in situation when have 300.000 hah! triple more than everything i made trough many dungeons and towns before and now am feel overpowered.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Jun 2009, 16:09

koval321 wrote:I finished milion points experience quest in situation when have 300.000 hah! triple more than everything i made trough many dungeons and towns before and now am feel overpowered.
You gotta admit that though that that's a really tough quest. It's meant for finishing after you're already at a pretty high level when the needed experience points are harder to obtain for leveling up.

Anyway, note to BDJ: I got the Soul Egg from the Dragon first; then got my 1,000,000 experience reward before killing Kobioshi (sp) the Deathless. Then I went back and got her; but was I supposed to get the reward before killing her or just for the Soul Egg?
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Dracodile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracodile » 29 Jun 2009, 17:28

I have two questions about this great mod:
1. Where is Tamara? I have come to the former Bootleg Bay. Then I killed some rogue lookouts and cleared the Underground (I did it more than one time :) ). In the underground I didn't find Tamara or anything helping to find her.
2. There is the locked chest in the Underground. How to open it? (Don't suggest to use the Undeground key: the chest is behind the locked door and this door eats the key than I open it)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Jun 2009, 17:39

Dracodile wrote:I have two questions about this great mod:
1. Where is Tamara? I have come to the former Bootleg Bay. Then I killed some rogue lookouts and cleared the Underground (I did it more than one time :) ). In the underground I didn't find Tamara or anything helping to find her.
2. There is the locked chest in the Underground. How to open it? (Don't suggest to use the Undeground key: the chest is behind the locked door and this door eats the key than I open it)
I will send you a private 'spoiler' message about where to find Tamara. As far as the locked Underground Chest, I haven't been able to open it yet either. Maybe later in the game. :)

I have a question too: Where is the person to promote my Archer? ;|

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 29 Jun 2009, 18:12

..and while you're at it, who promotes Cavaliers and Crusaders?

Edit: I might be wrong on the Archer thing, but I think it's Lady Kathryn in Avalon would give the quest. I just found her in a building in the North West of Avalon. She gave me another quest, but she's holding a bow, so I think went I get the current quest done...
Last edited by Variol on 29 Jun 2009, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Jun 2009, 18:18

Variol wrote:I was wondering if "balance" for lack of a better word, is still being looked at?

I just killed a soldier of fortune, in the Den of Iniquity and got 171 gold. This guy was pretty darn tough, as were the Mercenaries and the other fighter class in there. I think they should give far more gold and better treasure.
I also found a basic sword in 2 of the chests in one of the rooms and found 2 pairs of leather boots. At this point in the game, I don't think I should be finding level 1 stuff.
re; Balance and the-like.

The content of the chests and other bounty will remain unchanged. Can't have players complaining that there are too many good weapons, after all.

Rewards for killing creatures. Some creature value and hord gold, others have no use for it and covet other fancy and/or shiny things. The 'complaint' was about only receiving 15g after killing a Drider.

So what?

These creatures don't value gold, although it is possible to get up-to 400 gold from one of them. It's as likely that you'll get something that the Drider does value. So this game changes the 'gold reward' paradigm to customize it to what the race/creature values.

FYI ...

BDJ

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2009, 18:19

HP check your PMs.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Jun 2009, 18:22

Variol wrote:..and while you're at it, who promotes Cavaliers and Crusaders?
Since the game does not have a 'Cavalier' nor a "Crusader" class, the answer is quite simple. No one promotes them.

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Jun 2009, 18:28

HodgePodge wrote:
I have a question too: Where is the person to promote my Archer? ;|
HINT (in white)

If you have already become the Saviors of Demonclaw, the Seer gave you a quest to 'gain approval''. He told you to first visit two of the 'leaders' before trying to see the other Lords and Ladies. One of these 'leaders' can promote your archer.

BDJ

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2009, 18:31

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Variol wrote:..and while you're at it, who promotes Cavaliers and Crusaders?
Since the game does not have a 'Cavalier' nor a "Crusader" class, the answer is quite simple. No one promotes them.

BDJ
When asking us for help you really need to speak in the language of the TCC to avoid confusion, though we will frequently answer using mm6 as a references.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Jun 2009, 18:32

HodgePodge wrote:
Anyway, note to BDJ: I got the Soul Egg from the Dragon first; then got my 1,000,000 experience reward before killing Kobioshi (sp) the Deathless. Then I went back and got her; but was I supposed to get the reward before killing her or just for the Soul Egg?
SPOILER (in white)

All you need to complete this quest is the Soul Egg.

BDJ

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Jun 2009, 18:34

Thanks Jeff & BDJ. I'm off to promote my Archer. He's the last one to need his first promotion.

BDJ: I completed the Find & Judge the 5 sinners to get my Priest promoted. Great job. I was lots of fun finding all of them. Their portraits were very fitting to their personalities. :-D

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Jun 2009, 18:36

HodgePodge wrote:Thanks Jeff & BDJ. I'm off to promote my Archer. He's the last one to need his first promotion.

BDJ: I completed the Find & Judge the 5 sinners to get my Priest promoted. Great job. I was lots of fun finding all of them. Their portraits were very fitting to their personalities. :-D
HP. Thanks for the excellent dialogs for the 'sinners'. You really did a 'bang up' job with these dialogs.

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Jun 2009, 18:41

darknessfood wrote:What kind of illness do you have then BDJ?
Well, most of the maladies are somewhat personal. But, on a lighter note (pun intended), have you noticed that I use the "Large Text" feature in all of my posts? That's because I am about 65% legally blind, and losing sight by the month. Unfortunately, it's irreversible.

Of course, this is only a minor problem.

BDJ

Return to “Might and Magic”