The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 25 Jun 2009, 18:25

When I try to pick up the book of learning, which looks like gold in the cave of the rogue, the game crashes.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 25 Jun 2009, 18:30

Variol wrote:When I try to pick up the book of learning, which looks like gold in the cave of the rogue, the game crashes.
If you had installed the dynamic files as I suggested to you in a previous post, this would not have happened.

Now the best you can do is get the Hourglass and leave everything else alone in that cavern.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 25 Jun 2009, 18:46

I did download them BDJ, but when I tried to replace the files, I got an error message.

Can I remove the 2 old files and replace them with the new ones?

I was reluctant to do so, because one of the new files is only 9mb and the old one is 22mb. I did not want to loose anything.

I meant to ask about this, but got caught up.

Edit: Here it is

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Jun 2009, 18:56

Variol wrote: I was reluctant to do so, because one of the new files is only 9mb and the old one is 22mb. I did not want to loose anything.
I had the same concern, but BDJ explained that a lot of unused data in the larger file was removed. You should use the smaller file. As far as your other questions BDJ may be able to help. I installed those files and encountered no trouble in the cave of the rogue. You could try copy and paste instead of move and see if that works. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 25 Jun 2009, 19:59

..still crashes with the new files..

..looks like a restart??

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Jun 2009, 22:49

Variol wrote:..still crashes with the new files..

..looks like a restart??
Unfortunately that may be your only option, but the hourglass is all you really need from that dungeon. So if you can get that without a crash I'd just ignore everything else until the final release comes out.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 25 Jun 2009, 23:03

I don't think I've said this yet, but this is really a great mod, I'm having alot of fun with it. I did encounter one minor .. bug? .. though. It's not gamebreaking, but still. So here it is:

SPOILER (first time you enter Demonclaw):
When you talk to the lord in Demonclaw, he gives you a quest. When you then click again on the text, he says you're not done yet. Click a third time, and he'll reward you for being done, without you having to do the quest at all.
So, I don't know if this is a bug, or that you just couldn't actually make this quest work and thus just decided to pretend it worked or something (the quest text seems to imply the second with him saying "I'll believe you on your word for it"). But anyway.. It should probably get fixed lol.

The only reason I found out is because I always click until nothing happens anymore, it's just my way of playing, making sure I miss nothing.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Jun 2009, 14:13

Macros the Black wrote:I don't think I've said this yet, but this is really a great mod, I'm having alot of fun with it. I did encounter one minor .. bug? .. though. It's not gamebreaking, but still. So here it is:

SPOILER (first time you enter Demonclaw):
When you talk to the lord in Demonclaw, he gives you a quest. When you then click again on the text, he says you're not done yet. Click a third time, and he'll reward you for being done, without you having to do the quest at all.
So, I don't know if this is a bug, or that you just couldn't actually make this quest work and thus just decided to pretend it worked or something (the quest text seems to imply the second with him saying "I'll believe you on your word for it"). But anyway.. It should probably get fixed lol.

The only reason I found out is because I always click until nothing happens anymore, it's just my way of playing, making sure I miss nothing.
First of all, the entire TCC Development Team is glad that you are enjoying the fruits of our labor! We trust you will continue to have fun with the game as you progress though Nimradur.

Thanks for reporting the game 'anomoly'. It was, in fact, reported during Alpha testing, but I was not quite sure, with the limited MM6 instruction set, how to resolve it. Well, I have just figured it out and have a creative solution to prevent this. The change will be in the official release.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

sherwin_p
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sherwin_p » 26 Jun 2009, 18:05

Just a small hint...Shrine of the Gods helps immensely when playing on Warrior mode. You should visit ASAP!

Also a question, does Warrior mode provide more enemies and in essence more XP so you can reach higher levels quickly?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 26 Jun 2009, 18:12

sherwin_p wrote:Just a small hint...Shrine of the Gods helps immensely when playing on Warrior mode. You should visit ASAP!

Also a question, does Warrior mode provide more enemies and in essence more XP so you can reach higher levels quickly?
Yes, Warrior mode does provide more (in number) and more (in difficulty) enemies.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 26 Jun 2009, 20:28

I would also like to suggest that there be a greater variety of high-end weapons available in the early game. I'm only level 6 and I have found 5 high-end swords.
Even though I have 4 Archers, I thought I would run them with daggers only. It would be nice to find 1 or 2 high end ones, or even a bow, staff etc.

Just a thought.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 Jun 2009, 23:05

No problem, BDJ, and I'm glad you found a solution!

Btw I'm wondering why Rockham is still called, well, Rockham? (on the signpost in Demonclaw that points south, it says:
Port Sleigon
Rockham
)
Variol wrote:I would also like to suggest that there be a greater variety of high-end weapons available in the early game. I'm only level 6 and I have found 5 high-end swords.
I did also found lots of great swords and no other exceptionally good weapons.. Thought it was a coincidence until you mentioned it too.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Jun 2009, 00:36

Macros the Black wrote:Btw I'm wondering why Rockham is still called, well, Rockham? (on the signpost in Demonclaw that points south, it says:
Port Sleigon
Rockham
No that is an oversight that needs to be corrected. Well it is still a beta, an advanced beta, but a beta none the same. Identifying those types of oversights is helpful.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 27 Jun 2009, 07:08

Yes, Warrior mode does provide more (in number) and more (in difficulty) enemies.
Am play on warrior mode and dont feel its hard, to me its normal like should be, otherwise it could be too easy. Anyway great idea with master spells on 12 skill and not allowed to master spell shop until reach it. But only one person is need to have that level just to enter and every other can learn every spells without limits. So now am train one mage master fire air and second mage water earth. Uh and somehow my reputation is very bad, so i will probably master only dark magic. I dont known what is reason but my reputation get not better but worst. Maybe i kill some peasant?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 27 Jun 2009, 14:11

Funny, I just came to ask about the same thing as koval321 mentioned.

My rep went from bad, to despicable, to vile?? Is everything backwards in the realm of chaos or something?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Reputation??

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 27 Jun 2009, 15:34

Variol wrote:Funny, I just came to ask about the same thing as koval321 mentioned.

My rep went from bad, to despicable, to vile?? Is everything backwards in the realm of chaos or something?
No. Reputation calculations are exactly the same. Perhaps you conducted business with someone who is less than reputable and that lowered your rep?

Inquiring mind want to know.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 27 Jun 2009, 16:13

So far I have:

Returned the Egg & other thing to what's his name,

Returned the hourglass to what's her name,

Rescued what's his name and returned him to the temple,

Does it have something to do with getting the free healing at the tavern? Although, I have not used her very much at all.

Running 3 warriors and a druid,

Edit:
BTW, I did not get the dialog box from _____ about Tamara. I only got the heal party thing.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 27 Jun 2009, 16:21

Variol wrote:So far I have:

Returned the Egg & other thing to what's his name,

Returned the hourglass to what's her name,

Rescued what's his name and returned him to the temple,

Does it have something to do with getting the free healing at the tavern? Although, I have not used her very much at all.

Running 3 warriors and a druid,

Edit:
BTW, I did not get the dialog box from _____ about Tamara. I only got the heal party thing.
Probably not. It's when you conducted business with what's his name.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 28 Jun 2009, 02:28

HEY BDJ, how has your health been BTW?

I would like to point out that, when I went to get expert diplomacy, I got and she also gave me master, even though my rank is only 4. She did say I needed 7 ranks. Is this correct?

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 28 Jun 2009, 10:00

Hey, I am intrested in playing this, but what should I install in what order, including MM6/official patch/whatever else. thanx

Return to “Might and Magic”