GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.1 [July 7, 2018]

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Nov 2018, 23:00

GrayFace wrote: Are you sure? They should have 1.5 more delay between frames than normal monsters - 3 instead of 2.
Well all I know is I've been playing the game at 2x and only then did the animations feel natural in terms of speed. Vanilla MM7's animations for Trogs are horribly slow and clunky, including death animations.

vocab
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vocab » 18 Nov 2018, 10:19

GrayFace wrote:
vocab wrote:Weird crash in Red Dwarf Mines.
vocab wrote:Ran into some more crashes in Tatalia.
Send me the ErrorLog.txt file from the game folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oephpbs6ejnw7 ... g.txt?dl=0

newsorpigal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby newsorpigal » 18 Nov 2018, 17:47

Greetings All, first time poster here :)
I was searching for [Tatalia crash] and came across this forum.
GrayFace wrote:Indeed I've noticed it too on my playthrough in the past few days. I'm wondering what could have made this bug and the Tatalia ship one manifest themselves. The ship bug was there all along (before my patches), but only now it revealed itself. This one is probably the same. Too bad it can't be reproduced consistently.
I just want to add my experience with this particular bug. The crash at the Tatalia docks went away for me when I remove the Music folder from [\3DO\Might and Magic VII], so maybe there is something there. To explain, I added the Music folder as per instructions in patch notes, to play mp3 sound. But when experience the crash, I took a step back and found the solution.

For info, I am running the patch v2.1 on the original CD install of the game.
On that note, Thanks to GrayFace for your hard work on timeless MM series! :tsup:

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 06 Dec 2018, 21:04

Good news: both crashes are already fixed in the next version, not yet released.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Dec 2018, 04:01

Novi wrote:Also, don't take this as a request or anything, just throwing out an idea, but would it be possible to widen the fov to widescreen? Seeing how you've managed to up the resolution and all.
Found out how to do it. Fun fact: MM8 only increases FOV outdoors.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

joostmnn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joostmnn » 13 Jan 2019, 10:35

GrayFace wrote:
Good news: both crashes are already fixed in the next version, not yet released.
Hi GrayFace. Thank you for your brilliant work on the MM6-7-8 patches! When do you expect to release the next version of your patches? I am eager to play the games again and hope to do so on the latest, finest patches :-) Thanks!! Joost

Nexios
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nexios » 17 Jan 2019, 08:48

Hello,

got an issue. Just installed GoG MM7, the patch and mouselook and controls change is not applying. Sure, I tried to change arrowkeys to WASD controls in ingame menu, that works fine.

But what remains unchanged is selection of respective characters by using numpad numbers. I would like to use normal keys above the letters, since it goes with WASD way better. But ingame, you can not change that. Is there a way?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Jan 2019, 02:53

Nexios wrote:got an issue. Just installed GoG MM7, the patch and mouselook and controls change is not applying. Sure, I tried to change arrowkeys to WASD controls in ingame menu, that works fine.
Did you change the MouseLook setting in MM7.ini? My mouse look setup is a good place to start.
Nexios wrote: But what remains unchanged is selection of respective characters by using numpad numbers. I would like to use normal keys above the letters, since it goes with WASD way better. But ingame, you can not change that. Is there a way?
The game should normally change characters by both main number keys and numpad.
joostmnn wrote:When do you expect to release the next version of your patches?
I've no idea. I can never estimate the amount of my procrastination, especially when there's actual work I must do which I don't do anyway.
Last edited by GrayFace on 18 Jan 2019, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

Nexios
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nexios » 18 Jan 2019, 08:23

GrayFace wrote: The game should normally change characters by both main number keys and numpad.
Well, problem solved! The thing was, I had different language settings on my keyboard in windows, not English. On our localisation we got some special characters instead of numbers and numbers come as shift+number key. So changing keyboard to EN ended up being the answers. Hooray!

Novi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Novi » 28 Jan 2019, 04:14

GrayFace wrote:
Novi wrote:Also, don't take this as a request or anything, just throwing out an idea, but would it be possible to widen the fov to widescreen? Seeing how you've managed to up the resolution and all.
Found out how to do it. Fun fact: MM8 only increases FOV outdoors.
Wow, that's really interesting. Does increasing it glitch the game out in any way? Like things disappearing on the sides too early or things like that.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Mar 2019, 18:12

Novi wrote: Wow, that's really interesting. Does increasing it glitch the game out in any way? Like things disappearing on the sides too early or things like that.
Yes, there's actually such glitch happening in vanilla MM8 when monsters are on left/right sides of your view. Fixed it in the upcoming patch version.
Last edited by GrayFace on 03 Mar 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Mar 2019, 09:38

Version 2.2
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[+] Quick load key now works during the death movie.
[+] Game window is resizeable.
[+] StretchWidth and StretchHeight parameters specify the factors by which the game area gets stretched to reduce black bars on the sides. StretchWidthFull and StretchHeightFull parameters are used only if it makes the game occupy the whole screen.
[+] Now in Software rendering mode the view is always scaled linearly, which makes it less flickery.
[+] Data\MouseLookCursorHD.bmp is used for mouse look in 32-bit color mode if window is bigger than 640x480.
[+] Customizable mouse cursors: Data\MouseCursorArrow.cur and Data\MouseCursorTarget.cur are used if present.
[+] Patch now bypasses dgVoodoo DLLs if SupportTrueColor is not disabled.
[+] Minimaps zoom level is remembered always, not just outdoors as before.
[-] Fixed a crash found in Tatalia in MM7.
[-] Inactive characters couldn't interact with chests.
[-] Animated textures (via TFT) were animated incorrectly: first frame was longer, last frame was shorter.
[-] My bug: ScalingParam2 was read from ScalingParam1 entry.
[-] My bug: Mouse placed in the bottom-right corner was causing a crash sometimes.
[*] Smarter FixInactivePlayersActing: now you can select inactive characters, but they can't act.
<< MM7, MM8 >>
[+] Accurate sprites coordinates in D3D mode.
[+] Pixel-perfect mouse targeting in HD mode.
[+] Set TurnBasedWalkDelay to a value of your choice (e.g. 100) to be able to do individual steps in the walking phase of turn-based combat.
[+] Better water animation.
[+] MipmapsBase section in the INI controls how many mipmip levels matching textures can use. Smaller values lead to more mipmaps.
[+] Separate HDWTRCountHWL, HDWTRDelayHWL options for the NoD3DBitmapHwl=0 case.
[+] Hidden FixMonsterSummon option (1 - enabled by default).
[-] Some small cosmetic bugs fixed by changing pictures from icons.lod.
[-] Combination of IsWater and AnimateTFT facet attributes was causing texture change in D3D.
[-] Fixed a rare crash caused by a facet without a single vertex.
[-] My bug: Sparks effect was displayed incorrectly in the previous version.
<< MM7 >>
[+] Bless etc. icons near player portrait can be transparent now.
[-] Barrels and other static sprites were shrinked vertically indoors in D3D mode.
[-] Fly and Water Walk icons weren't displayed in simple message dialog.
[-] Health bars of first 2 players and danger indicators of all players were misplaced by 1 pixel (controlled by FixInterfaceBugs hidden option).
[-] My bug: Russian (Buka) version contained a broken NPC greetings file.
[-] My bug: Russian description in installer had a wrong encoding.
<< Fixes in maps >>
[-] Hall of the Pit (t04): Teleporters were rotating the party to the right.
[-] Nighon (out10): Right side of the tavern door didn't react to clicks.
[-] My bug: Fixes for Avlee (out14), Barrow II (mdk03) and some for Nighon (out10) weren't included.

jester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]

Unread postby jester » 19 Mar 2019, 16:26

StretchWidth and StretchHeight parameters specify the factors by which the game area gets stretched to reduce black bars on the sides.
can someone show a screenshot, how in looks?

Cravez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cravez » 19 Mar 2019, 23:01

Can these new patches be used with the MM6,MM7,MM7 merge mod?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 20 Mar 2019, 18:34

Cravez wrote:Can these new patches be used with the MM6,MM7,MM7 merge mod?
Yes. You have to install only MM8 patch and reapply latest mod update after it.

Cravez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cravez » 20 Mar 2019, 21:11

Rodril wrote:Yes. You have to install only MM8 patch and reapply latest mod update after it.
Ok thanks, can I ask what you mean by "reapply latest mod update after it"? Which mod are you referring to? (The mm6/7/8 merge mod?)

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 21 Mar 2019, 00:39

@ Cravez

https://i.imgur.com/Na6ZHw3.png

The links in the box with blue edges -- that's the Merge Mod. After installing GrayFace's 2.2 Patch for MM8, you need to install the mod update (links in the box with yellow edges), which is updated from time to time as Rodril continues to patch stuff, so check back periodically. :)

I'm pretty sure that's what Rodril meant.
Last edited by Anubis on 21 Mar 2019, 00:44, edited 3 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Mar 2019, 07:08

jester wrote:can someone show a screenshot, how in looks?
Just a regular stretching with aspect ratio loss, both in the interface and 3D view (3D view remains HD-crisp though). Personally I use just a little bit of stretching: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoa2633lptnsm ... 1.png?dl=0
Last edited by GrayFace on 21 Mar 2019, 07:13, edited 2 times in total.

Queegon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Queegon » 21 Mar 2019, 07:38

Hello everyone, just made an acount to ask this question. Is there a way to add Unarmed/Dodging to M&M8 and change the Staff GM to work with Unarmed like it was in M&M7?

Right now you can enable Unarmed/Dodging (Troll feels like a prime candidate for GM and would make him comparable to Knight in power level) through MMextension and table editing and you can teach the E/M/GM through the savegame editor.

So, adding Unarmed and Dodging, possibly creating a teacher for it somewhere (E in Dagger Wound Island, M Murmur, GM village of Rust or something) and editing the staff GM. What would I need to do to make this happen? Obviously the Staff GM is what matters the most here.

EDIT: and I posted in MM7 instead of MM8. Oops.
Last edited by Queegon on 21 Mar 2019, 07:43, edited 3 times in total.

Cravez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cravez » 21 Mar 2019, 10:00

Anubis wrote:@ Cravez

https://i.imgur.com/Na6ZHw3.png

The links in the box with blue edges -- that's the Merge Mod. After installing GrayFace's 2.2 Patch for MM8, you need to install the mod update (links in the box with yellow edges), which is updated from time to time as Rodril continues to patch stuff, so check back periodically. :)

I'm pretty sure that's what Rodril meant.
Thank you!

Return to “Might and Magic”