GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

Unread postby Anubis » 26 Jun 2017, 17:03

GrayFace wrote:Also, here's current dll of my patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4oakom2hkttr ... 2.rar?dl=0
These changes should be important:
[-] My bug: Palettes were messed up in Avlee.
[-] My bug: FixChests=1 was broken - event execution was stopped after the chest is opened.
[-] Monsters summoning wrong monsters (e.g. Archmages summoning Sylphs).
Be aware of this one too:
[-] Fixed problems with timers. This is perhaps the biggest gameplay change of my patches. Now wells refill in the beginning of a day/week/month rather than a day/week/month after the last visit to a location. Original implementation had the following issues: timer countdown was reset if you visited the location before the timer period passes; in MM6 upon revisiting the map most wells could be used a huge number of times; in MM8 timers not related to refill were working differently than in other games. Controled by FixTimers option, default is 1 (enabled).

P.S. New versions of everything coming soon.
@ GrayFace:

- When you say palettes were messed up in Avlee, are you specifically referring to those Elves? I recall their model texture being buggy.
- Archmages summoning Sylphs...LOL. I remember encountering tons of them in the Wizard's Tower (Whatever that place was called in Bracada). Didn't even realize that was a bug! I got destroyed there.
- The well in...Land of the Giants - the one that's overpowered. I remember reading some discussion about how there was some code for that well - If you didn't have 5k gold or more, you were unable to use the well. Now, I've always wondered if that well was supposed to take 5k gold every time you used it but the developers just neglected to get around to doing that.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Jun 2017, 14:14

Anubis wrote:- When you say palettes were messed up in Avlee, are you specifically referring to those Elves? I recall their model texture being buggy.
Yes.
Anubis wrote: - Archmages summoning Sylphs...LOL. I remember encountering tons of them in the Wizard's Tower (Whatever that place was called in Bracada). Didn't even realize that was a bug! I got destroyed there.
The difficulty is pretty much the same with light elementals instead of sylphs (because level of light elementals summoned by lower tier mages also was wrong).
Anubis wrote: - The well in...Land of the Giants - the one that's overpowered. I remember reading some discussion about how there was some code for that well - If you didn't have 5k gold or more, you were unable to use the well. Now, I've always wondered if that well was supposed to take 5k gold every time you used it but the developers just neglected to get around to doing that.
Pretty sure that's the case, just like the one in Bracada takes 100 gold. Both wells take all your gold if you have less than 100/5000. Thanks, guess I need to fix this.
Last edited by GrayFace on 29 Jun 2017, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Jul 2017, 14:34

What's the monk armsmaster bug everyone's been talking about? Do you mean the fact that Armsmaster no longer syngergizes with Staff once you get GM of Staff?

That would be because Staff probably stops being counted as a weapon once you go GM, instead being only a direct damage bonus to Unarmed. Still, it's a bug alright, since you do get Staff's recovery time rather than your typical Unarmed recovery time.

linuxrocks123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linuxrocks123 » 28 Jul 2017, 18:27

Hey GrayFace, I've been trying to look into recovery times and realized that I have no idea what the spell recovery times are, or how to go about finding that out. There's an old topic here:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/13213

...but I've been unable to figure out the data from the hex, in mm7.exe or mm8.exe. Would spell recovery times be something you could mod into the spell descriptions? If not, do you know where I'd need to look and how to interpret the table? I'd be happy to do the busywork of making a nice HTML file for your mechanics site.

Also, do you know if spell recovery times are influenced by wearing armor/armsmaster/holding a shield or anything like that?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 29 Jul 2017, 05:58

If you download Grayface's MMExtension (https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/mmextension), you will be able to edit spell recovery times and much more. It creates tables in the data folder, one of which lets you insert new delay times for all the spells.

linuxrocks123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linuxrocks123 » 29 Jul 2017, 13:49

The download links on that site are broken.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 22 Aug 2017, 23:50

Think I noticed another bug today. Taking a coach to the Arena from Harmondale appears to add 10 days more to the timer than just the 4 days needed to take there, taking up 2 weeks in total. I believe that shouldn't be the case.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 23 Aug 2017, 01:04

Regarding the Arena - It's 4 days there and 4 days back. Even if you hired a Horseman and an Explorer, travel time to the arena is one day, but still 4 days back.

However, one thing I do like to do, Arena-wise, is hiring an explorer. That way, it's three days to the arena and when arriving back, it's Sunday, meaning you can immediately take another trip to the arena.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 23 Aug 2017, 22:59

Ok, my bad. It was kinda late when I did all this, so everything seems fine. The only problem is, even though 4 days pass on your journey back from the arena, the game treats this particular journey differently from all other similar trips, be it on foot, by coach or by boat - you don't rest even once in these 4 days! If you're good enough at Light Magic, you'll even keep your Day of Protection buffs, since they won't have expired yet. Coincidentally, the trip deducts no food, which might be the source of the bug. I think that if time passes on your way back, it would be nice if the game treated this like any other journey and actually deducted food from you and rested your chars.

Also, I know this is pretty much common knowledge right now, but do you think you could fix the permanent zombie portrait bug/exploit? When your entire party dies once you have zombies in your party, after getting the "go back to the land of the living" screen, those characters will keep their zombie portraits forever. I'm not sure whether this was intended or not, but I think probably not. Would be nice to know if this can be fixed, but looks like a rather simple thing, a pattern matching matter or something like this.

Oh, and this is both minor and debatable - the Nighon temple probably shouldn't revive your chars as zombies. Sure, they're counted as "evil" but in the lore they don't dabble in necromancy, and are actually quite hostile towards it.
Last edited by Xfing on 23 Aug 2017, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Aug 2017, 10:52

Very minor things I've noticed. I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version of the patch
- Castle Harmondale has the Wizards' tapestry to the left of the throne room, instead of the Necromancers', when choosing the dark side. It's an old bug and I remember it being fixed with some versions of the patch, but it appears to be back. I have no idea if it's always, or only under certain conditions.
- Very minor: Kastore's dialogue when you present to him single pieces of the altar key is swapped - his dialogue indicates you've brought the dark half when you've brought the light half, and vice versa. Probably just the developers being lazy, programming this response for Resurectra and just copy-pasting it in the code for Kastore.

Grimples
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grimples » 05 Oct 2017, 13:42

The additional keybindings dont work like they do in M&M6 & i have no idea where the keybindings are saved.

[Controls]
Key13=107
Key16=110
Key20=75
Key34=38
Key35=35
Key36=98
.etc

Help!

(edit)
never mind, i give up on this game, not that i would get an answer anyways!
Last edited by Grimples on 06 Oct 2017, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

ark1890
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ark1890 » 29 Nov 2017, 20:21

Hello GrayFace, I would like to ask is it possible to implement the playback of WAV files in your patches for MM6-MM8 (alongside with mp3). I would like to get the best possible quality of music. I know that I can play music from a CD, but using of the ripped WAV files is much more convenient. Thanks.

Sinatar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sinatar » 21 Dec 2017, 01:31

Is there a workaround for the music not looping with this patch? I've tried to find something online but have had no luck.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Feb 2018, 12:16

'Just wondering if GrayFace is okay. I haven't heard from him in months.

waltc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waltc » 27 Feb 2018, 18:15

Don't know if this will be permanent, but I've noticed that Mouselook as enabled by the 2.0 patch no longer works in the latest versions of Win10x64--the last two beta builds of the OS, including the one I'm on now, version 1803, build 17107.1000--as released officially by Microsoft in the Insider's beta program.
Win10x64
R5 1600 @ 3.8GHz
Radeon RX-480 8GB
16 GB ram
4.2 TB's of storage

linuxrocks123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linuxrocks123 » 14 Mar 2018, 20:40

Hey GrayFace,

I think this is a problem in the original game, not your patch, but it looks like Ania Selving's +5 to Bow skill erroneously doesn't apply to the damage bonus the Bow skill gives to Grandmasters. It increases attack bonus for everyone and decreases recovery time by 5 for Experts, like it should, but it doesn't add 5 to damage once you get Grandmaster Bow.

AttilaKral
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AttilaKral » 04 Apr 2018, 15:24

Hi all,

I've just installed patch 2.0, but I'm having issues with the music not looping - I've changed the value to 0 in the config file as per instructions but it only plays once. Any ideas anyone?

If I can't resolve this issue I will definitely revert back, but I can't see an easy way or obvious way of uninstalling the patch or would I have to uninstall the game and then reinstall?

Great work nonetheless.

Cheers

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 05 Apr 2018, 23:08

Is it possible to slow down walking when in turn-based mode? I assume there should be a way to limit the speed right? I think we're supposed to be able to take 5 individual steps instead of just leaping in one direction.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Apr 2018, 17:19

Yeah, that would be nice. I remember playing that game when my PC was old, back at 2000, then I could walk step by step. Now, we must simply have to eyeblink-push the arrows to be able to, maybe, walk partially.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Capell
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Capell » 26 Apr 2018, 15:22

Have anybody succeeded in this running this patch with the Angel Death resolution mod?

I have tried the following multiple times:
1. Install MM7 (GOG version)
2. Install the GrayFace 2.0 patch
3. Downloading the resolution mod from (https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... od-for-MM7), it says "To use them with my patch, create ExeMods subfolder inside the game folder and put the DLL there."
4. Adding the "width=1280 height=960" to the mm7.ini file
5. Then I've ignored the mm7.exe file from the resolution mod, and tried copying just the mm7resmod.dll to:
- a new subfolder I created in the MM7 folder named "ExeMods" in which case I get an error when launching the game "Unknown mm7-rel.exe"
- the main MM7 folder: no changes to the game

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to run the game with this wonderful patch in a bigger window than default. Hopefully with scaling.
Last edited by Capell on 26 Apr 2018, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”