GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
peddroelm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

skill reduces recovery time - BUG ?! mm8

Unread postby peddroelm » 09 Oct 2010, 17:16

I'm using Grayface's patch version 1.4 for mm8. Using its ability to view weapon recovery time everything works as advertised except ... Expert Sword and Expert Axe "skill reduces recovery time" have no effect on recovery time displayed :((.

I went back and checked in a savegame in mm7, my ranger gets 25 recovery bonus from his 25 skill points in axes. In mm7 it works. But in mm8 "skill reduces recovery time" has no effect in my game .

Anybody else encountered this problem ? Like poor minotauts weren't suffering enough already :(.

This affects Knighs very little - GM armsmaster will eventualy push any weapon past max attack speed even without haste.

Default Troll config - single pumped mace skill for palalizes its unaffected as maces don't get/need recovery bonus from skill.

Even Dualing (lvl1 Axe) (lvl 7 M Sword) rest pumped in M Armsmaster its unafected (recovery bonus on sword its not wasted since axe its slower anyway ).

BUT THE POOOR MINOTAUR ? Going Axe GM and pumping Axe skill for the special would have been effective, at least on the end game (cheap dual daggers for early game). But dumping 30 points in Axe for 0 recovery bonus its the final nail ! Is there any way to fix this ?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Oct 2010, 02:56

Something else in line with my last post of low priority improvements:

In the Mercenary Guild in Tatalia at the start are the peekholes for archers to shoot through. However, they don't actually do that. Instead they treat at as if it's a wall and they can't see you, and you can hack at them until they die. It would be nice if they could actually shoot at you from there, and you would have to get to those chambers to kill them (because there are ways to get there through secret doors).
However, don't just allow enemies to attack through those walls. Why not? Because the dungeon is filled with lots of swordmasters who I think you're supposed to kill by luring them into the room at the start, then attacking them from behind the peeking holes where the archers were standing at first. I'm on a solo ranger playthrough, and this quest is really undoable for me if I fight the swordmasters head-on, but the promotion is so important to a ranger because you need it to expert the magic skills. And without expert magic skills alot of the game is pretty difficult. So you want to do this quest asap.
So my idea is to allow the archers to shoot at the player through the walls while you cannot harm them. Then, when you lure swordmasters into that chamber later on, you should be able to attack them through the walls from where the archers were at first, and they should not be able to attack you. So basically, make it so you can shoot/attack through one side of the wall, but not back the other way.
If that's too difficult to achieve, maybe just add some kind of trap that keeps firing arrows until the archers are dead instead so it at least seems as if they are attacking you.

Again, not something important in any stretch of the imagination, but still nice if it was fixed.

Edit: something else, William Laster, the Master Thief in the Erathian Sewers, his welcome message still refers to you as Rogues even if you've been promoted to Spy.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Nov 2010, 17:20

Sorry for the double post, but this topic needs to be bumped up if anyone is to read my post. I just discovered a bug in MM7 that I never knew about before.

When you use an alchemy potion of a spell that would normally be cast on the entire party, it is only cast on one party member. The buff is put on the party member's list of buffs. When you then cast the actual spell yourself, it is also listed on the party buff list - where spells like Wizard Eye, Torch Light, Heroism, Haste and Stone Skin are listed.

Now, I only had a potion of Haste and a potion of Stone Skin to test with. The problem is this: Stone Skin apparently adds up, casting both the spell and using the potion gives you more armor class than only using one of them.
Haste does not add up for some reason, however both the potion and the spell work normally. I am unsure as to any other spells at the moment as I don't have potions to test them with.

This has to be a bug, yes?
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: skill reduces recovery time - BUG ?! mm8

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Nov 2010, 04:53

Well, Haste shouldn't add up, I'm sure. As for Stoneskin, I'd count it as yet another specificity of game mechanics.
peddroelm wrote:I'm using Grayface's patch version 1.4 for mm8. Using its ability to view weapon recovery time everything works as advertised except ... Expert Sword and Expert Axe "skill reduces recovery time" have no effect on recovery time displayed :((.
Yes, I should have released a version with this bug fixed 5 months ago... The only thing standing in the way of release now is readme and some changes to MM7 installer. I can send you the fix.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 03 Nov 2010, 17:39

Well, it certainly makes alchemy more useful. And as long as Haste doesn't add up it's not overpowered either. Though really the most useful thing about alchemy, which I realised just yesterday, is the duration of the buffs. 30 minutes per point of potion. Even for Haste!! You can get like 8 hours of haste with just a potion. I think I'll be using potions whenever I can now, or at least as long as you don't have Light Magic. This is not a bug btw, just something I never noticed until now. It's really useful imo.

peddroelm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: skill reduces recovery time - BUG ?! mm8

Unread postby peddroelm » 09 Nov 2010, 16:06

GrayFace wrote: Yes, I should have released a version with this bug fixed 5 months ago... The only thing standing in the way of release now is readme and some changes to MM7 installer. I can send you the fix.
I've send you a PM with my email plz send me the fix. The bug also affects Bow Skill (mainly dark elves) and contributes to dragon ranged attack being
OP. (weapons using skill and armsmaster skill and speed bonus should attack much faster than dragon attack witch is capped at 100 delay //75 with haste).

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Jul 2011, 11:54

The new version is up. My mouse look setup has also changed.

Note to those who got WIP version of the patch:
Check Data\MouseLookCursor.bmp prior to installing the patch. If it's there, delete it and then install the patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Jul 2011, 19:12

Version 1.6.1 is up.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Jul 2011, 02:48

Did you fix Acid Burst dealing Physical damage instead of Water damage? (Bug is the same as in MM8)

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Jul 2011, 13:47

There's a weird bug with Implosion.

Sometimes, when it fails to find a target, instead of "failing" and playing the "fizzle" sound effect, it drains almost all my mana!

Adam23
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bug spear expert

Unread postby Adam23 » 20 Aug 2011, 09:58

Found a bug that the spear expert doesn't get the additional damage bonus from the skill. Could you look into it?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Re: Bug spear expert

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 20 Aug 2011, 17:32

Adam23 wrote:Found a bug that the spear expert doesn't get the additional damage bonus from the skill. Could you look into it?
That is correct. Just tested it. He only gets the bonus when Mastering the skill.

A temporary fix would be to use a save game editor (MM7Che, MM7View) to give your guy Master Spear after you paid for Expert. Now he gets the damage bonus and additionally you're allowed to wield a shield. (master spear lets you can use a sword or dagger too, but wielding those eliminate the spear damage bonus anyway making spears pointless)

It's not even really cheating since in any case in MM6 you were allowed to use something (that early, usually a shield) in your left hand right off the bat with the basic skill.

If anything, being allowed to wield a trident/halberd that early in the game gives you a better reason to use a shield for your knight, at the loss of a meager 1d6 damage if you're using a trident or halberd. (spears lose 1d9)

Just tested in MM8 for the heck of it and spear expert works fine.

Adam23
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Adam23 » 21 Aug 2011, 11:36

Thanks for the tip.

Another bug may be: missing textures of warriors in Avlee. They look like semi transparent ghosts :)

EDIT1

Anyway, from time to time I find a magic wand on the ground with no charges, and when I use it it disappears. Also, it seems, it cannot be recharged. What is it about?

EDIT2

And it seems there is a similar bug with mace (not awarding the damage for expert skill)
Last edited by Adam23 on 21 Aug 2011, 15:25, edited 2 times in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Aug 2011, 12:42

Adam23 wrote:Anyway, from time to time I find a magic wand on the ground with no charges, and when I use it it disappears. Also, it seems, it cannot be recharged. What is it about?
That bug was supposed to be fixed ages ago...

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 21 Aug 2011, 18:36

Image[/url]

Never had that happen.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 21 Aug 2011, 18:51

Lol I've had that happen too! I wonder what causes them to do be all see-throughish.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Aug 2011, 19:50

Looks like palette gone horribly wrong.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 09 Sep 2011, 23:55

Music looping still doesn't work with .mp3 play enabled.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 10 Sep 2011, 00:05

I'm also getting a nice sliding floor effect where a given corpse will not stay where it dies. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Sep 2011, 08:24

Yea, I noticed that in MaxKnight's playthrough as well. That's certainly not normal.

Return to “Might and Magic”