GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Sep 2009, 11:34

The path there is for developers, it's not on your computer. Sounds like a localisation issue to me, do you have the mm7lang.ini file in your MM7 folder?

By the way, I think that Identify Monster skill should be improved with resistance percentages, because right now it's pretty useless: even the most lowly monsters like the Skeleton will have all spaces as "Resistant", yet 5% resistance is a lot different from 95% resistance.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Sep 2009, 13:46

cultura82, this problem was already reported and was caused by quick saves. Did you use them? You can set QuickSavesCount to 1 in mm7.ini until I find a solution. I'll send you modified patch soon to check one guess.
GreatEmerald wrote:By the way, I think that Identify Monster skill should be improved with resistance percentages, because right now it's pretty useless: even the most lowly monsters like the Skeleton will have all spaces as "Resistant", yet 5% resistance is a lot different from 95% resistance.
IMO, nothing can help it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Sep 2009, 14:38

GrayFace wrote:IMO, nothing can help it.
Ah well... But then how did you manage to implement the recovery time tooltip?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Sep 2009, 17:49

GreatEmerald wrote:
GrayFace wrote:IMO, nothing can help it.
Ah well... But then how did you manage to implement the recovery time tooltip?
No, I mean the skill will stay useless anyway. :)

cultura82, good news. Looks like my guess was right. The guy who reported this problem (in MM6 in his case) showed up and said it worked. This should work: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... chTest.rar
Last edited by Anonymous on 22 Sep 2009, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Sep 2009, 18:47

Oh, well, it would be less useless that way ;) I kinda like knowing what spells are affecting the enemy monsters (especially on the Light side when I have Dispel), and knowing the actual resistances would be even better (I'm pretty sure you'd choose Lightning Bolt over Blades if the monster had 95% resistance of earth and 5% of air ;) )

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Sep 2009, 21:22

Version 1.2 is released

cultura82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cultura82 » 25 Sep 2009, 08:47

GrayFace wrote:cultura82, this problem was already reported and was caused by quick saves. Did you use them? You can set QuickSavesCount to 1 in mm7.ini until I find a solution. I'll send you modified patch soon to check one guess.
GreatEmerald wrote:By the way, I think that Identify Monster skill should be improved with resistance percentages, because right now it's pretty useless: even the most lowly monsters like the Skeleton will have all spaces as "Resistant", yet 5% resistance is a lot different from 95% resistance.
IMO, nothing can help it.
I don't use quicksaves, just the standard "Esc\Save game" and... I still have the error even with patch 1.2.

Something strange happened now, while with 1.1 I was able to use Hardware Graphics now with 1.2 I'm forced with software one but this isn't a problem, I like more the last one :-D

I forgot to tell you a very important detail, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and the game is installed in /users/public/games/3DO/Might and Magic VII

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Sep 2009, 11:39

cultura82 wrote:I don't use quicksaves, just the standard "Esc\Save game" and... I still have the error even with patch 1.2.
Please send me the save games.
cultura82 wrote:Something strange happened now, while with 1.1 I was able to use Hardware Graphics now with 1.2 I'm forced with software one but this isn't a problem, I like more the last one :-D
What happens if you run in Hardware?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 25 Sep 2009, 18:12

I also stopped using the autosave feature. It seemed to cause random crashes.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Sep 2009, 20:29

Variol wrote:I also stopped using the autosave feature. It seemed to cause random crashes.
Please send me the ErrorLog.txt file from your game directory

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Oct 2009, 00:42

Version 1.2.1 is released. I've fixed one bug that wasn't properly fixed in v1.2.

cultura82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cultura82 » 03 Oct 2009, 13:20

GrayFace wrote:Version 1.2.1 is released. I've fixed one bug that wasn't properly fixed in v1.2.
Thanks friend, it solved my problem :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Dec 2009, 01:30

Version 1.3 is released. Variol, AFAIR, you had a problem this version addresses. Please resend your error log to my email, I can't find it now.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 02 Feb 2010, 22:23

Grayface, after installing your patch (which is otherwise very useful :)), the game hangs when opening the inventory in the Pit. This only occurs in the Pit, not in the hall of the pit, not in castle gloaming, just in the pit itself.

At first I thought it happened when I cast Fire Aura, but then I noticed it's opening the inventory that causes the game to hang.

A quick google search revealed that this particular problem occured to might and magic 7 games prior to official patch 1.1. Perhaps something you did reverted the bug?

It's not really a big problem, but I thought you should know :)

Edit: btw could you make the Perfect Bow (archer quest reward) enchantable? It's kind of useless now.. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be enchantable (otherwise it's not very "perfect" is it?).
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Feb 2010, 23:38

Hey GF,
I doubt I even sent you that file, right?
I got a new PC just before then and no longer had the file readily available.
It is still on my old PC.
I just started TCC with your patch yesterday. I have not used the autosave and been fine so far.
Ahh, the game loads in about 1 second now. :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Feb 2010, 02:13

Macros the Black wrote:Grayface, after installing your patch (which is otherwise very useful :)), the game hangs when opening the inventory in the Pit. This only occurs in the Pit, not in the hall of the pit, not in castle gloaming, just in the pit itself.
Please send me the save game. Are you playing BDJ or Maestro mod or clean game?
Macros the Black wrote:Edit: btw could you make the Perfect Bow (archer quest reward) enchantable? It's kind of useless now.. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be enchantable (otherwise it's not very "perfect" is it?).
No, I don't think so. You can tweak its properties in Items.txt to make it better.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 03 Feb 2010, 03:57

GrayFace wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:Grayface, after installing your patch (which is otherwise very useful :)), the game hangs when opening the inventory in the Pit. This only occurs in the Pit, not in the hall of the pit, not in castle gloaming, just in the pit itself.
Please send me the save game. Are you playing BDJ or Maestro mod or clean game?
Just the clean game. The weird thing is when I went back to the Pit later on the problem didn't occur. I made a seperate save when the problem occured and when I load that one and go into the Pit it does happen. Then when I load the later save again it doesn't. The bug first occured when I returned from the temple dungeon.

Sent you an email.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Feb 2010, 10:47

Sometimes that can happen to the save games. I delete all the save files, while the game is running and then go back in and create new ones. I think the Heroes saves sometimes messed up too.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Mar 2010, 16:53

Version 1.4 is out there. Now Hardware Graphics is really an option.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Mar 2010, 17:39

Does that mean that you figured out a way to use palettes in hardware 3D?

Return to “Might and Magic”