GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Aug 2009, 21:27

Some more generic MM7 bugs:
1. All chests look exactly the same when opened, even though there are metal chests and such and the game has pictures of other chests as well.
2. Broken items have an overlay colour even when not picked up, while unidentified ones are green only if you pick them up with your mouse or go to a store.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 10 Aug 2009, 23:02

I did my recent playthrough using your patch, and I noticed that the infamous Lich Jars Bug wasn't fixed (thankfully I wasn't using a sorcerer in my party). Is fixing it impossible or have you just not gotten around to it?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 11 Aug 2009, 07:34

There is no bug with soul jars!

Lich quest is a lineal quest - so jars won't appear until you will get this quest!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 11 Aug 2009, 12:31

I just reinstalled MM7. Is it best to put your thing in now, or after I put in the mod, or does it matter?

Also, how are these changes implemented? Is it in the control panel, or do you have to go into the text file thing and change stuff there?

I'm really looking forward to the auto save but I did not read anything about auto load.

Edit:
Ok, I got tired of waiting for a response, so I put it in. :)
Now, can I put the BDJ mod in at this point?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 11 Aug 2009, 16:11

BDJ said that he is not sure that his mode will work with GF patch, but with Mok patch. Anyway you have first to patch the game, then install the mode, obviously because the patch is prior to the mode.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 11 Aug 2009, 16:21

vladimir-maestro wrote:There is no bug with soul jars!

Lich quest is a lineal quest - so jars won't appear until you will get this quest!
Nope. I got the quest, but I did the Nighon soul jars quest first. Therefore, when I actually went through the walls of mist to see if the bug still existed I found no lich jars.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Aug 2009, 14:26

I'm playing MM& with both Grayface and Maestro mods and have had no trouble so far.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Aug 2009, 19:37

My patch is based on Mok's executable, so they should be compatible.
Deadguy118 wrote:I did my recent playthrough using your patch, and I noticed that the infamous Lich Jars Bug wasn't fixed (thankfully I wasn't using a sorcerer in my party). Is fixing it impossible or have you just not gotten around to it?
I haven't investigated the bug yet.
Variol wrote:I just reinstalled MM7. Is it best to put your thing in now, or after I put in the mod, or does it matter?
Do it in any order. In case the mod is installed first, the "change games.lod" task should be disabled in the patch installation. In your case, just install the mod.
Variol wrote:Also, how are these changes implemented? Is it in the control panel, or do you have to go into the text file thing and change stuff there?
For now, it's only the text file thing.
Variol wrote:I'm really looking forward to the auto save but I did not read anything about auto load.
I haven't implemented it. At first I couldn't. Now I'm able to do it, but first try it this way. After playing I prefer it this way, 'cause the overhead of loading from menu isn't big and you would never hit the quick load button by accident.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 13 Aug 2009, 21:23

What about my chest and unidentified item glitches?
Also, I'm not sure, but if you use Harden Item potion on a stolen item, it seems that Harden Item just disappears, as the status doesn't change. So either it doesn't display properly (should read Hardened and Stolen), or it just disappears.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 14 Aug 2009, 00:43

The stolen item thing is about the dumbest thing in the game. How the heck is one shop going to know that you stole it from another shop??

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Aug 2009, 07:20

I'm also watching the MM6 playthrough, and I wonder if the hits that you can see in MM6 could be enabled for MM7? They are very informative, and the engine is the same.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 15 Aug 2009, 05:23

Me thinks that being unable to sell stolen items is a very good thing. Anyone can amass early quantities of items with quick save/reload so it would ruing the game if you could sell them. Not dumb at all.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Aug 2009, 14:25

Salamandre wrote:Me thinks that being unable to sell stolen items is a very good thing. Anyone can amass early quantities of items with quick save/reload so it would ruing the game if you could sell them. Not dumb at all.
Yeap, I agree, just the explanation isn't too good, but ah well, we don't have any better ways to stopping thieves from selling their stolen gear :D

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 17 Aug 2009, 11:17

Another bug, again not sure if it's general to the game or the patch: when using music from CD, the music volume options do absolutely nothing. It keeps being at 100%.
Also, a suggestion: weapons with elemental damage should have it added to the statistics, because right now statistics look the same if you compare a War Hammer with a War Hammer of Flames. It could either change it from, for example, 11-23 to 12-30 or show it as 11-23 + 1-6.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Aug 2009, 12:12

Two more small glitches in the game:
1. When you use NoCD=0 and you click on MM7.exe, it asks you for a CD, but when you insert it, the program crashes and you have to restart MM7.exe.
2. Lloyd's Beacon and Town Portal don't play a sound when used to teleport. It should play them, utilising the same technique as with boats and coaches (a small delay for the sound before teleporting).

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Sep 2009, 23:09

Has this done been with MM6 as well? I'm going mental 'cos it's so slow!!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Sep 2009, 10:47

Some medium priority bugs:
1. In the Cave of the Dragon, one of the dragons is invisible. It can also be summoned to the Arena matches, and right-clicking crashes the game. Shooting it says "blue dragon".
2. In the Maze, the chest with Haldar's Remains refills after you close it for the first time. That also overwrites the remains if you didn't happen to pick them up the first time - that way you have to go to the Judge to get a replacement.
3. In the Tunnels to Eeofol, near the middle in one of the optional caves there is a medusa that is stuck in the wall, yet it can shoot you, but you can't retaliate.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Sep 2009, 12:25

GreatEmerald wrote:Some medium priority bugs:
1. In the Cave of the Dragon, one of the dragons is invisible. It can also be summoned to the Arena matches, and right-clicking crashes the game. Shooting it says "blue dragon".
Leave and enter cave - he should respawn correctly (if wasn't killed).
As about r-click - software mode should help. And I rememeber that offical patch corrected that problem.
GreatEmerald wrote:3. In the Tunnels to Eeofol, near the middle in one of the optional caves there is a medusa that is stuck in the wall, yet it can shoot you, but you can't retaliate.
Same as point 1.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Sep 2009, 18:53

Hmm, in that case shouldn't this patch come together with the previous ones? Would make sense.

cultura82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cultura82 » 20 Sep 2009, 23:49

Heya people!

First thanks to Grayface for his efforts on doing a patch for MM7, even for localized version (I'm italian and I play the italian version).

Unlucky when I install the patch (my game is already version 1.1 after a fresh installation), I can play fine until... I try to reload a game. I get:

Note_1: I can start a new game without problem, I can save it but... I can't load it again

Note_2: The error shows immediately after I press LOAD (= "carica" in my language), so I don't reach the loading page with my previous saved games.

Note_3: D is my dvd_rom letter

Any suggestions?

Return to “Might and Magic”