Round Table Weekly

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Round Table Weekly

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Feb 2006, 11:45

Welcome to the Round Table Weekly.

Anchor: "For this week's interview, we've landed a real treat - Lpatenaude, also know as Orionpax. Now, you've always been an expert on the Heroes series, specifications and anything computer related, is that right?"
Lpatenaude: "Is Windows Vista a bilateral OS using the newest X1L2 interface?"
Anchor: "... I'll take that as a yes, shall I? Now, you've been frequenting this board for some time, and you say you were a key figure at the old Table as well. Why did they throw you out?"
Lpatenaude: "If you ask me, it was because they didn't value my expertise. They didn't really realize what a benefit it can be to players everywhere to have a guy like me, giving advice and share my knowledge with them."
Anchor: "Right, we asked one of the moderators of the Table if he could provide us with an explanation for your banishment, to which he replied: "Who? Oh, that fart." and told us to sod off. As a replacement, we have acquired Corribus - who is not an admin, but a very funny person. Corribus..."
Corribus: "Call me C. I try to keep in with the media folk."
Anchor: "Right. Now, Lpatenaude was tossed out of the Round Table, rather unceremoniously, what do you think the explanation is?"
Corribus: "Apart from the fact that he doesn't know which way is up or down on a keyboard?"
Anchor: "Yes."
Corribus: "Well, I don't know if it was the fact that his posting were mostly made up of a mixture of gibberish and gobbledigook, or the fact that his English was worse than that of a Frenchman who's spent all his life living as a hermit in a barn in the Congolese countryside, but I do know it was almost certainly one of the two."
Anchor: "I see. What do you have to say to this?"
Lpatenaude: "Obviously, they have no idea what they are talking. Who else can you say knows what a 7/H OS fix is? Or how to correct a problem with the Vista beta before the programmers have had a chance to release it?"
Corribus: "Not many."
Anchor: "OK, I see we're short on time, but apparently, the tech staff are all down on the floor gasping for air, so we have a few extra minutes, I think. Lpatenaude, when you were banned from the new Table, you went back to the old, let's take a minute looking at what you were saying over there - before they kicked you out of that one as well."
Lpatenaude: "Eyh!"

Example 1: "The problem is: Need someone that has already successfully installed the x64 edition to send me a copy of their config.sys and autoexec.bat files where in whom they've been encoded in 64bit parameters. So, once the overall hardware is prepared fully to accept a new installation of an O.S. based onto the 64bit platform, then the Setup application program gets to recognize the status of the machine and accepts to begin the process of installation in its entirety".
Example 2: "First of all, nobody programs/develops using C++'s language anymore. It's the 5 year old Java's complex yet simple to use J+ language in thorough use as of right now(especially for the new 64bit hardware and its newest O.S.(2 of them soon enough) to be implemented by Fall of 2006".
Example: 3: "The Forum did not move, nor transferred anything. Angelspit and the rest of his Montreal buddies only set up a new physical server and, remade, from scratch(nothing) an improved yet copied Forum of The Heroes' Round Table onto their newly online server's web-site. They only had the right to use their initial name of Celestial Heavens.com by using their government licensing's legal documents".
Example 4: "Before you get to download the package of 3.5.8f, go to the Other Download Stuff link at the top of that web-page, and replace your game file Heroes3.exe with the one linked with Fileplanet.com. You will need to subscribe, for a free account with Fileplanet in order to be able to make any download within that web-site(in the Wake of Gods). Yes, it is a modification expansion game. It is now, needed in order to be able to play HoMM3 onto any Windows XP versions available today. That includes the Service Pack 2 installed over any of your initial version of Windows XP(2001 to 2005)- Media Center Editions included".

Anchor: "And we're back. Now, C, what do you think…"
Corribus: "Oh, please stop, I can't take it any more… hihihihiiii, whohoohooo…!"
Anchor: "Um, I don't think that floor is very clean, Sir."
Corribus: "Oh, man, can somebody please get me some oxygen?"
Lpatenaude: "Now, the real reason they could not risk having a person such as me around any longer…"
Anchor: "Oh, will you stop it - clearly you're nothing but an idiot. Now, let's focus instead on C's new hairdo. How did you manage those curled lines?"
Corribus: "Well, if you must know, I always use the new line of RT hair products. Now, when you…"

------------------------------------
That's the First Edition, folks!

Kalah
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Feb 2006, 12:00

:rofl: I should have known.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 12 Feb 2006, 12:36

Aaah this promises to be good!
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 12 Feb 2006, 13:15

Hilarious! :lolu: :applause:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 Feb 2006, 13:50

Hurray! That was very funny. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mutare Drake » 12 Feb 2006, 14:07

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Yay, a return of the news thread in some form! :D :hoo: :-D

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 12 Feb 2006, 20:31

:rofl: Great work Kalah :rofl:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Feb 2006, 20:38

Apart from the fact that kicking people who have no chance whatsoever of defending themselves isn't very nice, I liked it.

Kalah-> :slap: <-Orionpax
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Feb 2006, 20:50

Gaidal Cain wrote:Apart from the fact that kicking people who have no chance whatsoever of defending themselves isn't very nice, I liked it.
It isn't bad if they cannot defend. It is bad if they don't even notice that we were kicking them.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Feb 2006, 21:04

News!News are back!Hurra for Kalah!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Feb 2006, 21:25

Veldrynus wrote:It isn't bad if they cannot defend. It is bad if they don't even notice that we were kicking them.
Remind me to make sure that if I ever get any kids, you won't have anything to do with teaching them morals... ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Feb 2006, 21:41

Gaidal Cain wrote: Remind me to make sure that if I ever get any kids, you won't have anything to do with teaching them morals... ;)
You can be sure of that. I will save all my evil wisdom for teaching my own minions... errr... children.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 12 Feb 2006, 21:46

:hoo: The News Thread, always a good thing. :applause:
It isn't bad if they cannot defend. It is bad if they don't even notice that we were kicking them.
Go turn-based retaliation!
Happy Millenium!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Feb 2006, 01:00

LordHoborgXVII wrote::hoo: The News Thread, always a good thing. :applause:
Until they start picking on you. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Feb 2006, 02:00

Yay, the news is back! :-D

-C.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Vlad976

Re: Round Table Weekly

Unread postby Vlad976 » 13 Feb 2006, 14:39

Kalah wrote:Corribus: "Call me C..."
Heh, that's the name of a song
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 14 Feb 2006, 23:45

Wheee! News! :-D

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 15 Feb 2006, 09:46

News? Hah, he's making it up as he goes along! 8|

Oh all right, a bit funny.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Feb 2006, 15:13

Ethric wrote:Oh all right, a bit funny.
Just because you aren't the star doesn't make it less funny Ethric :tongue:
Grah!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Feb 2006, 16:04

Thelonious wrote:
Ethric wrote:Oh all right, a bit funny.
Just because you aren't the star doesn't make it less funny Ethric :tongue:
There is no poblem with Ethric being not a star, but leaving me out is a CRIME !

Well, it wasn't funny ! :mad:

Return to “Campfire”