Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 17 Jan 2009, 22:58

Bad news? How so?
It's another change of the developer. The original H5 aside, I think everyone agrees Tribes is a decent game (some of us expected something else, but let's not go there again). The point is they have a priceless experience now and should have been able to improve the game rather than start from scratch.

In addition, I was actually looking forward to seeing Nival's H6. I believe they would have been more... innovative. I understand H5 had to be more similar to H3, the most popular game in the series. But having already revived the series, perhaps Nival would introduce features such as commanders or whatever. Not sure if the new devs will go there.

I am aware some of these things depend on Ubisoft though...

Finally, I haven't heard of any TBS developed by a Hungarian company (I might be wrong though). At least Nival had made Etherlords prior to Heroes. It doesn't have to mean anything though.

Even if the transition is smooth, I was actually hoping for news on H6 in the near future; I thought the sequel could have been announced at this year's KRI, while the beta could have been ready by late 2010. I'm not sure any new developer can meet those deadlines. But I guess a late game is better than a rushed one...

This is all speculation, of course (and so is Sir Charles's post, at least until we get an official confirmation).

@ Ash

Let's both stop crossposting LOL
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Jan 2009, 23:15

Oh yes I agree that another developer change is not really a good idea (depends of course), I thought you meant "bad news" that it's a Hungarian company.

And apart from a very complex AI it's not that hard to make a TBS compared with a strategy game.
Vlaad II wrote:"Let's both stop crossposting LOL"
Agreed lol :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 17 Jan 2009, 23:56

Vlaad II wrote:[I think everyone agrees Tribes is a decent game.
Sorry, not even close :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 18 Jan 2009, 10:31

"Ravenheart, I got this info from the Ubi boards, one of the (well-known and respectable) members hinted at this."

I see... I also found it now.

"Finally, I haven't heard of any TBS developed by a Hungarian company (I might be wrong though). At least Nival had made Etherlords prior to Heroes. It doesn't have to mean anything though."

Me neither, but we mostly do strategy games, and we have many devoted Heroes fans in the coutry.;)

Mark of Chaos wasn't so bad, I only disliked it's hardware requirements... The movies were great, graphics also - I hope everyone saw the Mark of Chaos intro.

BTW, a developer from Black Hole once told a story, how they managed to change GW's mind. GW wanted Chaos Warriors to have ridiculously spiky armours - the BH guys told them, that with larger spikes, an armor would be not just even more uncomfortable, but after a fall, the warrior would impale himself. And Chaos Warriors impaling themselves on their armour is... well... good for Monthy Pyton, but not for Warhammer.:)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2009, 18:59

Vlaad II wrote: In addition, I was actually looking forward to seeing Nival's H6. I believe they would have been more... innovative. I understand H5 had to be more similar to H3, the most popular game in the series.
Sure, but there's no reason for it to be more like WH except that Etherlords was all like MtG...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 21 Jan 2009, 20:17

@ jeff & ThunderTitan

I hear you, guys, but didn't want to go there again. :)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jan 2009, 17:31

@Ravenheart87

Meh, MoC was way to samey when it came to fighting... i think it was because it couldn't decide if it was real time or turn based, which made neither part work very well.

@Vlaad II

sorry, but that has nothing to do with H5 itself but with Nival's record with innovation.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”