Gauldoth Half-Dead (HOMM IV)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
zu-l-karnain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Gauldoth Half-Dead (HOMM IV)

Unread postby zu-l-karnain » 15 Mar 2008, 19:39

Good day to everybody. It`s been long since I played Heroes last time.
I`ve just remembered one of my favorite characters - Gauldoth Half-Dead. I started looking info on him nd came to your forum.

So, where it is possible to find hiss full biography? I remember that he defeats his lih-teacher and becomes the master of Undead Kingdom. But what happened after that? Does he appear somewhere else? Where is it possible to find his full biography?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 15 Mar 2008, 19:53

But what happened after that? Does he appear somewhere else?
http://lota.celestialheavens.com/

zu-l-karnain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zu-l-karnain » 15 Mar 2008, 21:33

Corlagon wrote:
But what happened after that? Does he appear somewhere else?
http://lota.celestialheavens.com/
Thank you very much. But unfortunately I don`t understand what exactly I should see in this link. Could you just tell about his fate?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 15 Mar 2008, 22:11

It is the H5 campaign that is sequel to the H4 storyline.

But to answer your question: Under Demon Lord Malustar, demons once again rebelled, took over Necross and killed the Gauldoth's spectral commander, former Lord of Vitross. Gauldoth himself is in exile somewhere. Last that I heard about him is when he warned Great Arcan about Malustar.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 15 Mar 2008, 23:53

zu-l-karnain wrote:Thank you very much. But unfortunately I don`t understand what exactly I should see in this link.
No problem. Check the Characters section and you will see Gauldoth right there, afterwards you should probably play the accompanying campaign :D
Akul wrote:killed the Gauldoth's spectral commander, former Lord of Vitross.
No my friend, that is Mardor the spectre you are talking about. Malustar actually killed Hadrin, the Zombie. ;)
zu-l-karnain wrote:Could you just tell about his fate?
Sure...

Gauldoth returned home to Nekross after Kalibarr's defeat in 527 A.C. His ally, the Kreegan named Suraze, was proclaimed a Duke. Gauldoth continued to rule Nekross well for a good eight years, until 535 A.C. when the Kreegan Commander Malustar killed Suraze and led a Kreegan rebellion in Nekross, capturing the city of Vitross and the capital of Nekorrum.

Malustar cornered Gauldoth at the citadel of Chiaroscuro, defeating his armies - however, Gauldoth escaped the battlefield, transmuting his zombie servant Hadrin into his likeness to fool the Kreegans. Gauldoth then sent a message to Queen Emilia Nighthaven warning Great Arcan of the impending Kreegan attack. He has not been heard of since, though will very likely appear in Legends of the Ancients Book III or IV.
zu-l-karnain wrote:Where is it possible to find his full biography?
I have a storyline encyclopedia in the works, so if you can wait throughout the next one month to three years I'll be able to cook up a full bio. :)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Mar 2008, 06:57

capturing the city of Vitross
Well, since our loremaster is alredy here, didn't Gauldoth burn the city of Vitross to the ground in first map and flee before Great Arcan could find out the barbarians didn't do that?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Mar 2008, 17:52

Akul wrote:Well, since our loremaster is alredy here, didn't Gauldoth burn the city of Vitross to the ground in first map and flee before Great Arcan could find out the barbarians didn't do that?
That was like eight years before LotA's events. Seems Gauldoth rebuilt the city as a Necropolis for himself during his reign. :)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Mar 2008, 22:11

It was a Haven in LotA <_<

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Mar 2008, 22:25

This memory lapse has been brought to you by sleep deprivation. :D

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 17 Mar 2008, 14:15

Akul wrote:It was a Haven in LotA <_<
Yeah I made Vitross a Haven town to represent the fact that living people and undead are actually living together in Nekross.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 21 Mar 2008, 09:24

zu-l-karnain wrote:
Thank you very much. But unfortunately I don`t understand what exactly I should see in this link. Could you just tell about his fate?
I just must point out that LotA is a fan made campaign. What the original story writer had in mind for Gaudolths future is unknown.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 21 Mar 2008, 11:18

...and always will be, so that's not really relevant any more.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 21 Mar 2008, 11:46

Generally people accept the story of original author as the correct one. If now someone would write a story alternative to Lota one could not tell which of these is more "true". Would the thread starter have had a campaign idea in his mind, presenting another fan-fiction as official story could ruin a brilliant new fan effort. Therefore I saw it necessary to point it out.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”